Cricket 24/7

Cricket 24/7 (http://www.cricket247.org/community/index.php)
-   The Kim Jones Domestic Cricket Forum (http://www.cricket247.org/community/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   County Championship Division Two 2017 (http://www.cricket247.org/community/showthread.php?t=22650)

Summer of '77 6th April 2017 10:08

County Championship Division Two 2017
 
The Division Two season begins tomorrow with three matches:
  • Kent v Gloucestershire (Canterbury)
  • Leicestershire v Nottinghamshire (Leicester)
  • Northamptonshire v Glamorgan (Northampton)

So, Notts' opening game of their campaign to return straight back to Div One is a local derby against their feeder club.

I should really make an effort to attend a day of Kent's first home game. A more enticing opponent would have made that most likely. Or, for that matter, a more interesting home team.

Wherever I end up this weekend, bring it all on.

Arachibutyrophobic 6th April 2017 10:42

Was hoping to be at Grace Road on Saturday but, unfortunately, Keyworth United under 8s have a game against Bingham Town so my first cricket will not be until the Sussex game on April 22nd.

Supersax 6th April 2017 19:57

Leicestershire docked 16 points due to persistent disciplinary issues. Charlie Shreck receives a 3 game ban, and skipper Mark Cosgrove a one game ban.

Michelle Fivefer 7th April 2017 12:44

Didn't Stuart Broad leave Leics to join first div Notts? Appropriate start for Notts 2nd div season, playing Leics. Broad has taken a wicket.

Bestie 7th April 2017 13:23

Utter carnage as Nathan Buck takes three wickets in 7 balls to knock Glamorgan to 26-6.

The Hanging Monkey 7th April 2017 13:23

Jesus, what's happening at Northampton?

Ali TT 8th April 2017 23:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michelle Fivefer (Post 755863)
Didn't Stuart Broad leave Leics to join first div Notts? Appropriate start for Notts 2nd div season, playing Leics. Broad has taken a wicket.

Some attack Notts fielding in this game. Must be one of the strongest ever seen in division 2.

paulsre 9th April 2017 11:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Hanging Monkey (Post 755868)
Jesus, what's happening at Northampton?

Once again Northants showing what can be done on a tiny budget. Am amazed that David Ripley hasn't yet been enticed away.

Bestie 9th April 2017 12:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ali TT (Post 755885)
Some attack Notts fielding in this game. Must be one of the strongest ever seen in division 2.

Presumably might be topped in one of their games soon if they get Ball alongside Broad and Pattinson.

stevieh 9th April 2017 15:01

The Kent tail is wagging happily as Claydon and Tredwell plunder forty odd from four and a bit overs vs Glos.

paulsre 9th April 2017 16:14

Well now Gloucs being absolutely coventrated.

CDogg16 9th April 2017 16:28

The Notts bowlers were helped out by some very ordinary batting from Leicestershire, the points deduction may have had an effect on the players.

gmdf 9th April 2017 19:16

Seldom seen a day at cricket where things changed so quickly - before lunch Gidman and Tredwell battled resolutely to add 60 in 23 overs against accurate and hostile bowling from all 4 Gloucs seamers (esp. Norwell who started the day by taking 3 wickets in 5 balls).

Then after lunch Gidman & Coles went in the first over (also Taylor's first over) before Tredwell and Claydon smashed 52 runs in 6.1 overs for the last wicket.

Set an unlikely 396 to win Gloucs slumped to 37-9 in 13.1 overs, at one point threatening to post their lowest score ever (a record from 1903) before only some hitting from Norwell took them to 61 all out, and a 334 run loss. Well though Harris (3-26) & Stevens (6-22) bowled, on a good wicket in perfect batting weather any side should have scored far more, and at least taken the game into Day 4.

A great start for Kent, questions to be answered for the Gloucestershire batsmen.

Supersax 9th April 2017 20:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ali TT (Post 755885)
Some attack Notts fielding in this game. Must be one of the strongest ever seen in division 2.

Notts are set to ask the ECB to let Broad play in the next game against Durham, a game he was originally scheduled to miss. He only bowled 21 overs in the Leics game.

That would leave Notts with an attack of Broad, Pattinson and Ball ...v Onions, Rushworth and Wood.

Summer of '77 9th April 2017 21:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmdf (Post 755942)
Seldom seen a day at cricket where things changed so quickly - before lunch Gidman and Tredwell battled resolutely to add 60 in 23 overs against accurate and hostile bowling from all 4 Gloucs seamers (esp. Norwell who started the day by taking 3 wickets in 5 balls).

Then after lunch Gidman & Coles went in the first over (also Taylor's first over) before Tredwell and Claydon smashed 52 runs in 6.1 overs for the last wicket.

Set an unlikely 396 to win Gloucs slumped to 37-9 in 13.1 overs, at one point threatening to post their lowest score ever (a record from 1903) before only some hitting from Norwell took them to 61 all out, and a 334 run loss. Well though Harris (3-26) & Stevens (6-22) bowled, on a good wicket in perfect batting weather any side should have scored far more, and at least taken the game into Day 4.

A great start for Kent, questions to be answered for the Gloucestershire batsmen.

An important 50 in Kent's first innings and match bowling figures of 8-64. The old boy's still got it !

Bestie 9th April 2017 22:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersax (Post 755947)
Notts are set to ask the ECB to let Broad play in the next game against Durham, a game he was originally scheduled to miss. He only bowled 21 overs in the Leics game.

That would leave Notts with an attack of Broad, Pattinson and Ball ...v Onions, Rushworth and Wood.

Strongest second division set of 22 in a long time, that would be.

paulsre 10th April 2017 10:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by CDogg16 (Post 755933)
The Notts bowlers were helped out by some very ordinary batting from Leicestershire, the points deduction may have had an effect on the players.

No doubt it can't have helped.

At first glance that looks like a rout by Notts, yet Leicestershire had Notts at 167-7 and should have been looking at a first-innings lead, but instead the last three wickets put on 162.

That seems to have been a very familiar tale for Leicestershire since they started last season so well, and something is definitely missing. Apart from Ben Raine, the team lacks the "X-factor" and it's as if they have gone on a circular journey - they have made a lot of recruitment but it doesn't seem to have taken them a great deal forward.

Arachibutyrophobic 10th April 2017 11:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersax (Post 755947)
That would leave Notts with an attack of Broad, Pattinson and Ball ...v Onions, Rushworth and Wood.

Crikey - at Chester-le-Street in April. It'll be done and dusted by tea on day 1!

Ali TT 10th April 2017 19:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersax (Post 755947)
Notts are set to ask the ECB to let Broad play in the next game against Durham, a game he was originally scheduled to miss. He only bowled 21 overs in the Leics game.

That would leave Notts with an attack of Broad, Pattinson and Ball ...v Onions, Rushworth and Wood.

So what's Broad going to be doing between now and the first test in July?

paulsre 11th April 2017 10:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ali TT (Post 756019)
So what's Broad going to be doing between now and the first test in July?

Play for Notts, but with restrictions to how often.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:26.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Cricket247.org