Cricket 24/7

Cricket 24/7 (http://www.cricket247.org/community/index.php)
-   International Cricket (http://www.cricket247.org/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   RSA vs. India three tests starting January 5th (http://www.cricket247.org/community/showthread.php?t=23763)

Midnight 5th January 2018 09:12

All set for a series start. SA batting first which will please India who wanted to bowl first anyway. SA playing all its pace bowlers plus Maharaj.

cg3 5th January 2018 09:17

Rahul and Rahane dropped for Dhawan and Rohit Sharma? Roflol. India are going to get annihilated here.

Midnight 5th January 2018 09:21

RSA vs. India three tests starting January 5th

All set for a series start. SA batting first which will please India who wanted to bowl first anyway. SA playing all its pace bowlers plus Maharaj.

I accidentally posted this in the SL, just seeing India and an S and making a wrong assumption.

Apologies to all, so I have started this.

Chin Music 5th January 2018 09:25

I've moved these two posts to this thread. Unfortunately it seems to muck up the order though! Anyway dropping Rahane when I the past he seemed a better player than most of his team-mates against seam away from home is utterly dumb. Could see this getting messy for India.

Sir Coolerking 5th January 2018 10:17

What a start - SA won the toss and batted and soon found themselves 12-3 (all wickets to Kumar). But there's now a De Villiers counter attack going.

34-3, AB has 24 of them from 20 balls.

billyguntheballs 5th January 2018 12:14

Silly decision to bat first on what looks to be a greenish, bowler friendly pitch with a strong breeze allowing Kumar to swing the ball into the righties and away from the lefties. Since then however, SA have been comfortable.

Sir Coolerking 5th January 2018 13:46

Perhaps a bigger fear of batting last against Ashwin.

Anyway, they look set for a score in the 300 area on a pitch with life which should set up a fascinating match.

Midnight 5th January 2018 14:21

SA has batted recklessly. They look in a bit of trouble at 7/230. The likes of AB and de Kock have batted without much circumspection.

ConfusedMale 5th January 2018 15:46

Despite that dream start, I think India is behind in the game right now. Without Rahane as well, I think the batting is weakened. I don't see us lasting beyond 4 days.

Sir Coolerking 5th January 2018 16:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midnight (Post 775779)
SA has batted recklessly. They look in a bit of trouble at 7/230. The likes of AB and de Kock have batted without much circumspection.

Disagree - AB changed the course of the match. Sooner or later there's a ball with your name on here, AB made certain he made the most of his time at the crease.

A nasty hour coming up for the Indian batsmen......

Chin Music 5th January 2018 16:14

Tend to think SA are probably 60 or 70 runs too many for India, although India have had a nice little first over with Dhawan scoring a couple of boundaries.

Edit: if not maybe even more. Can't help thinking that this Saffer attack would enjoy bowling to the Aussies far more than England would, although there is juice in this track.

1000yardstare 5th January 2018 16:39

Steyn gets his 418 wicket after getting Warner out in Nov 2016.

Chin Music 5th January 2018 16:50

Well that's a Kohli dismissal all right. Nothing sort of poke at the ball outside the off stump. #DeluxeJamesVince

ConfusedMale 5th January 2018 16:52

Kohli goes early, and I am not surprised, despite his decent record overall in SA.

cg3 5th January 2018 17:09

Rohit Sharma exactly the man you want to see at 27 for 3 on a testing pitch...

I'm not sure India will avoid the follow-on here. They were going to struggle on this tour anyway, but selecting Dhawan & Rohit is inexplicable and makes a difficult task almost impossible.

How much evidence does Kohli need to see before he concludes that neither of them is capable of scoring a run outside the subcontinent?

Sir Coolerking 5th January 2018 17:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chin Music (Post 775802)
Well that's a Kohli dismissal all right. Nothing sort of poke at the ball outside the off stump. #DeluxeJamesVince

At least Vince gets a pretty 25 first. Kohli can't score runs in these conditions.....as we all suspected.

cg3 5th January 2018 17:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by ConfusedMale (Post 775804)
Kohli goes early, and I am not surprised, despite his decent record overall in SA.

As I was saying on another thread, he has shown 0% improvement against this type of bowling in the last 4 years. He's improved beyond recognition in pretty much everything else, but until he can sort this out, successes away from home will be the exception rather than the norm.

ConfusedMale 5th January 2018 17:18

Actually, Kohli averages around 50 in SA, unlike his record in England. Also, until the last year or two, his record in India wasn't all that great. Yes, he isn't the best when the ball is darting around, but he isn't just a home-track bully.

square leg umpire 5th January 2018 18:12

Perhaps they should have made this a 4 day test.

Ali TT 5th January 2018 18:22

This could be far more exciting a match and series than the trash served up in Australia (tourists and groundsmen to blame, not the home side). These two normally serve up quite competitive series(es?).