Cricket 24/7

Cricket 24/7 (http://www.cricket247.org/community/index.php)
-   International Cricket (http://www.cricket247.org/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   2019 World Cup (http://www.cricket247.org/community/showthread.php?t=24269)

Sir Coolerking 27th April 2018 14:18

2019 World Cup

Fixtures announced along with ticket prices.

I was thinking of going to the Eng v WI at Southampton - then I saw the prices. Four ticket categories for every match, Premium, Gold, Silver Bronze. For this match it is 195, 125, 95, 55.

For the really high profile games (eg Eng v SA in opening match) in the group stage it is 235, 150, 115, 70.

Tickets for the Final priced at 395, 295, 195, 95.

I'm guessing most of the Premiums will be snapped up by the Corporates as no one is really likely to pay that. But this just smacks of utter greed by the ICC - it will be interesting to see how many tickets are bought and whether we see a change in policy nearer the event.

Boxing Roo 27th April 2018 14:33

We should win this easily.

Summer of '77 27th April 2018 14:50

It's a fleecing alright.

My ticket to the 1979 World Cup Final cost 2.50 - that was for 'juvenile, ground admission'. I believe the adult price was a fiver. And we potentially got 20 more overs for our money in those days.

paulsre 27th April 2018 15:46

The World Bore. I'd rather go to watch Essex 2s play at Coggeshall - free admission and and real ales, apparently.

Sir Coolerking 27th April 2018 16:25

I went to Eng v SA in 1999 at the Oval, so the exact same opener here. I think I paid no more than 50 for my ticket which was probably now the equivalent of 115.

Ali TT 27th April 2018 17:00

Prices don't seem that inconsistent at the lower end and middle to Ashes tickets.

Hector 27th April 2018 18:07

I'm mulling over whether to go to the bangladesh v afghanistan game, which is likely to be a dead rubber, if it doesnt sell out at the rose bowl. (What's this hampshire bowl rubbish?!)

However, i may be put off by the almost inevitable ott restrictions as to what one will be allowed to take in food and drink wise. (Likely almost nothing)

sharky 27th April 2018 18:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ali TT (Post 786286)
Prices don't seem that inconsistent at the lower end and middle to Ashes tickets.

The demand for tickets for certain matches will be far less though, I'd imagine. I can't help but feel that the main objective for the ICC with World Cups is to make as much money as possible rather than the competition itself.

Ali TT 27th April 2018 19:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharky (Post 786292)
The demand for tickets for certain matches will be far less though, I'd imagine. I can't help but feel that the main objective for the ICC with World Cups is to make as much money as possible rather than the competition itself.

True

Corbo 61 27th April 2018 21:09

Poetry.

'The point is this. A cricket ground - any cricket ground - is a living, breathing miracle, a testament to the sweat and patience of the dozens who tend to it now, and the idealism of hundreds and thousands who went before them. So too the cricket pitch, an organism borne of nature but which could never exist naturally, subject to any one of a million kaleidoscopic variables that will fundamentally alter how a cricket ball behaves on contact with it. And so too cricket itself, a game so delicate it can be destroyed by a spot of rain, and yet resilient enough to thrive on every continent on Earth, to survive wars and upheaval and the long slow plod of time.'

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-a8326251.html

Sir Coolerking 30th April 2018 11:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corbo 61 (Post 786297)
Poetry.

'The point is this. A cricket ground - any cricket ground - is a living, breathing miracle, a testament to the sweat and patience of the dozens who tend to it now, and the idealism of hundreds and thousands who went before them. So too the cricket pitch, an organism borne of nature but which could never exist naturally, subject to any one of a million kaleidoscopic variables that will fundamentally alter how a cricket ball behaves on contact with it. And so too cricket itself, a game so delicate it can be destroyed by a spot of rain, and yet resilient enough to thrive on every continent on Earth, to survive wars and upheaval and the long slow plod of time.'

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-a8326251.html

If they could replicate that pitch for an Ashes Test they'd get my vote.

Psyduck 3rd May 2018 13:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Coolerking (Post 786270)
Fixtures announced along with ticket prices.

I was thinking of going to the Eng v WI at Southampton - then I saw the prices. Four ticket categories for every match, Premium, Gold, Silver Bronze. For this match it is 195, 125, 95, 55.

For the really high profile games (eg Eng v SA in opening match) in the group stage it is 235, 150, 115, 70.

Tickets for the Final priced at 395, 295, 195, 95.

I'm guessing most of the Premiums will be snapped up by the Corporates as no one is really likely to pay that. But this just smacks of utter greed by the ICC - it will be interesting to see how many tickets are bought and whether we see a change in policy nearer the event.

Curious really. I bought a "Gold" ticket to England v Australia in the Champions Trophy last year for 50.

Sir Coolerking 3rd May 2018 13:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psyduck (Post 786733)
Curious really. I bought a "Gold" ticket to England v Australia in the Champions Trophy last year for 50.

And I have a similar ticket to the ODI in Cardiff this year for 80. It's not cheap but it's the same two teams at half the price for a World Cup match.

Comte Nom de Plume 3rd May 2018 16:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Summer of '77 (Post 786276)
It's a fleecing alright.

My ticket to the 1979 World Cup Final cost 2.50 - that was for 'juvenile, ground admission'. I believe the adult price was a fiver. And we potentially got 20 more overs for our money in those days.

I think my admittance to the inaugural 1975 semi-final (Eng v Aus) was included in my Yorkshire membership. It was shortish game thanks to Gary Gilmore.

DanielVettoriSpin 4th May 2018 10:53

Tickets started at $5 for Kids and $20 for adults to attend a World Cup game in NZ in 2015. I think the Semi Final I went to at Eden Park was around $100-150 per ticket (50-75 quid)

Jock McTuffnel v3 26th June 2018 13:32

Got tickets for Eng v Lanka and Eng v India.

No luck on the Eng v Saffer front unfortunately.

Psyduck 26th June 2018 14:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jock McTuffnel v3 (Post 793003)
Got tickets for Eng v Lanka and Eng v India.

I applied for those two games plus the England v Pakistan one and didn't get any.

Jock McTuffnel v3 26th June 2018 14:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psyduck (Post 793011)
I applied for those two games plus the England v Pakistan one and didn't get any.

Did you receive an email ? Not everyone has had theirs back.

Crickethare 26th June 2018 17:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Comte Nom de Plume (Post 786772)
I think my admittance to the inaugural 1975 semi-final (Eng v Aus) was included in my Yorkshire membership. It was shortish game thanks to Gary Gilmore.

That always used to confuse me - why would The Adverts write a song about a cricketers eyes ?

Aidan11 26th June 2018 17:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crickethare (Post 793040)
That always used to confuse me - why would The Adverts write a song about a cricketers eyes ?

I'm glad I'm not the only one who always made that connection. :D