Cricket 24/7

Cricket 24/7 (http://www.cricket247.org/community/index.php)
-   International Cricket (http://www.cricket247.org/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   England v Pakistan T20 & ODI Series September 2020 (http://www.cricket247.org/community/showthread.php?t=30693)

Aidan11 27th August 2020 18:46

England v Pakistan T20 & ODI Series September 2020
 
I thought there was already a thread for this. Anyway it starts tomorrow.

Bet heavily on a draw / No result as it's bound to rain.

Rebelstar 27th August 2020 19:50

5 overs a side gets a result in T20Is doesn't it...... problem is even with rain forecast they try to complete one innings instead of one match, ODIs and T20Is, and so unless the rain is mainly at the start the result is up against not only the rain but stupidity

Jock McTuffnel v3 27th August 2020 22:18

Roy out injured.

sharky 28th August 2020 11:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jock McTuffnel v3 (Post 872605)
Roy out injured.

Side strain is a bit of a weird injury for a batsman to get.

PavlovsDog 28th August 2020 14:44

Is this likely to go ahead, what’s the weather looking like?

Jock McTuffnel v3 28th August 2020 15:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharky (Post 872623)
Side strain is a bit of a weird injury for a batsman to get.

Did it bending down to pick up one of his railway sleeper bats ?

Did England call up a replacement ?

Jock McTuffnel v3 28th August 2020 15:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by PavlovsDog (Post 872637)
Is this likely to go ahead, whatís the weather looking like?

Looking very DLS ish.

PavlovsDog 28th August 2020 16:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jock McTuffnel v3 (Post 872639)
Did it bending down to pick up one of his railway sleeper bats ?

Did England call up a replacement ?

No

sharky 28th August 2020 16:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jock McTuffnel v3 (Post 872639)
Did it bending down to pick up one of his railway sleeper bats ?

Did England call up a replacement ?

I read that Livingstone is the reserve batsman in the bubble. Salt is probably the obvious replacement but he is back with Sussex.

Michelle Fivefer 28th August 2020 17:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by PavlovsDog (Post 872637)
Is this likely to go ahead, whatís the weather looking like?

Not promising. Not actually raining now but there was plenty earlier.

Ali TT 28th August 2020 17:50

Not looking good tonight, but then if you insist on playing cricket in the North during winter, what can you expect?

Michelle Fivefer 28th August 2020 17:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ali TT (Post 872648)
Not looking good tonight, but then if you insist on playing cricket in the North during winter, what can you expect?

It worked so well in Hampshire, didnít it?

sharky 28th August 2020 18:37

Looks like Malan has been forgiven.

Cheadle Leyther 28th August 2020 18:40

If this was Southampton with all the rain today it would already have been abandoned!!

AJ101 28th August 2020 18:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michelle Fivefer (Post 872650)
It worked so well in Hampshire, didnít it?

It's a good job it's up your way today, it's been awful here and from previous experience with the tests there's no chance they'd have played today.

Ali TT 28th August 2020 18:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cheadle Leyther (Post 872654)
If this was Southampton with all the rain today it would already have been abandoned!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by AJ101 (Post 872655)
It's a good job it's up your way today, it's been awful here and from previous experience with the tests there's no chance they'd have played today.

It's clear that in Southampton they're just not used to dealing with wet weather, such as the freakish fortnight just gone, unlike the more amphibious Mancunians to whom this is quite literally water of a duck's back.

Michelle Fivefer 28th August 2020 19:03

Good start... :roll:

Aidan11 28th August 2020 19:07

I'm amazed we are actually playing cricket.

Michelle Fivefer 28th August 2020 19:08

No messing about at Old Trafford.

Michelle Fivefer 28th August 2020 19:09

England. One out. Another one should have been out.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 15:48.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© Cricket247.org