Cricket 24/7

Cricket 24/7 (http://www.cricket247.org/community/index.php)
-   Other International Teams (http://www.cricket247.org/community/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   The Pakistan Thread (http://www.cricket247.org/community/showthread.php?t=3747)

F.K 20th August 2007 20:08

The Pakistan Thread

Hmmmm here we go again... another bout of madness ensues from the nuttiest of them all.. the Paklistan team. First there are rumors about major players going over to the new "ICL" which the PCB warns along with seveal other major international boards would be career suicide. Well MOYO, INZI, FARHAT AND RAZZAQ dont seem to think so!!

The ICL has declared their names as signed onto a contract to play in the ICL. Will this means curtains for MOYO? will it see PCB doing another two steps back? like they did with Shoaib and Asif.. keep reading folks.. its one lunacy after another.

Alongwith this... Mr Akhter has been fined... YET AGAIN for leaving a team practice early!... and the new coach has just taken over a Mr Lawson... of whos he fame.

:cry:

LUHG 20th August 2007 20:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by F.K (Post 88029)
Well MOYO, INZI, FARHAT AND RAZZAQ dont seem to think so!!

:cry:

What's their motivation? Money or influence? Are they well paid at the moment?

F.K 20th August 2007 20:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by LUHG (Post 88034)
What's their motivation? Money or influence? Are they well paid at the moment?

I would not know their exact salary but i would imagine even with endorsements an Inzi makes about 1/3 rd of what a KP makes.

I think its a combo of the fact that they are disgruntled with PCB's handling of affairs and the mucho deniro and want to go their own way. After all dropping Moyo is hardly an act of wisdom. "Yeah he is our best batsmen right drop that one"

Their is also a point about lucrative side deals in India. Players need to make a living too and for someone like Imran Farhat who has talent but not much else it is a big ask to stay back for country when he is being offered good money.

Moyo i think will be the biggest loss. I wonder why Shoaib has not signed on yet, i would be glad to see his back.

The Pakistani publics reaction to their hero's joining the Indian League will be lets just say... not that warm.

I would be surprised if they do not shift to India entirely, with their families at least if they are going that is what i would recommend.

F.K 21st August 2007 18:14

Well i don't think he wants to come back, so we might not have much of a choice. The BCCI Empire has also made their line of action quite clear against the rebels... this rebel scums leader being a pirate as well. Kapil :P

Lawson made his intent clear today in his first meeting with the team i.e he is here to work with those who want to play for Pakistan.

Boycs elderly female relatives 28th August 2007 20:55

MoYo will be back captaining the Pakistan side within the next 2 years.

F.K 29th August 2007 08:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by biglads (Post 90978)
MoYo will be back captaining the Pakistan side within the next 2 years.

There might not be much left of it when he comes back tho

Aidan11 1st September 2007 09:36

Shahid Afridi has hit 57 off 15 balls in the 20/20 match v Uganda including 7 sixes.

zxb 1st September 2007 15:22

34 off an over as well. Let's hope Plunkett never gets to bowl to him. :cry:

Rey 1st September 2007 17:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by zxb (Post 93079)
34 off an over as well. Let's hope Plunkett never gets to bowl to him. :cry:

Surely he already has? Dismissed him once too

Fatslogger 1st September 2007 19:55

These days Afridi's your man for a minnow bashing but not much else.

F.K 4th September 2007 11:19

he has also opened a clothing shop right behind mine... its called Afridis

hehe

might go meet him when he is back

Chin Music 4th September 2007 11:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by F.K (Post 94302)
he has also opened a clothing shop right behind mine... its called Afridis

hehe

might go meet him when he is back

I'm surprised that Afridi hasn't signed for ICL. He is an itinerant member of the team and with marketing opportunities abounding through Zee TV I'm sure he could make a bomb in India. To be honest FK I believe ICL is a damb squib, its only a T20 comp and won't last for very long, just fills up TV schedules and make Zee TV stacks of dough.

F.K 4th September 2007 20:00

you might be right man... but lets wait and see... they are reported to have signed Simon jones and a couple of other big names as well.

IT MATTERS.. MOYO IS GONE MAN

Rey 4th September 2007 20:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by F.K (Post 94547)
you might be right man... but lets wait and see... they are reported to have signed Simon jones and a couple of other big names as well.

IT MATTERS.. MOYO IS GONE MAN

ICL obviously stands for Indian Cripples' League.

F.K 4th September 2007 21:41

that is quite rude... and coming from a mod... tch tch..

BURN REY

CoE 6th September 2007 21:01

Only with Pakistan ...

LUHG 6th September 2007 21:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoE (Post 95737)

http://www.mesomorphosis.com/article...e/bahrke11.htm

"increasing attention and discussion is being focused on the withdrawal effects that athletes encounter when they cease use of anabolic-androgenic steroids. Interestingly, many of the same effects attributed to anabolic-androgenic steroid use are alleged to occur following anabolic-androgenic steroid cessation. Purported withdrawal effects include mood swings, violent behaviour, rage and depression, possibly severe enough to lead to thoughts of suicide"

1000yardstare 6th September 2007 21:24

I wonder what Akhtar and Asif were fighting about? I am surprised it has become public. Usually these kind of things are kept in the dressing room.

slop 6th September 2007 23:43

They don't normally result in physical injury.

F.K 7th September 2007 07:20

perhaps it was along the lines of.... u told me those were good Shoaib Bhai... it nearly destroyed my career!!! Shoaib : career destruction... ill show u career destructions "picks up bat"

Asif : Ayiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii he is gonna kill me... save me someone save me.. where is Inzi bhai when we need him...