Cricket 24/7

Cricket 24/7 (http://www.cricket247.org/community/index.php)
-   The Kim Jones Domestic Cricket Forum (http://www.cricket247.org/community/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   The Big Bash League Thread (http://www.cricket247.org/community/showthread.php?t=20354)

Rey 21st December 2015 01:26

The Big Bash League Thread
 
Bit overdue this, but I noticed any discussion on the BBL was happening on various threads, so thought it was better to make a new one solely for Big Bash discussion. There's several England players involved, including Adil Rashid who plays tomorrow.

For no particular reason, here's Jacques Kallis defending 10 off the last over at the age of 40 in yesterday's game:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/k20xAislyhl3lMepAS4

geoff_boycotts_grandmother 21st December 2015 01:54

That was a horrific ramp shot by Faulkner. What was he thinking?

blackeyedangles 21st December 2015 12:25

Good to finally see a few more England white-ball internationals in this league... willey, rashid both had fairly big roles in the game I was just watching. The advantage of ODI/T20 specialists becomes even more obvious.

Sir Virgs and Zamora 21st December 2015 12:44

I do enjoy the big bash. I am not at all convinced by the standard but it is great fun.

YAMS 21st December 2015 12:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by geoff_boycotts_grandmother (Post 696040)
That was a horrific ramp shot by Faulkner. What was he thinking?

The final over was a complete bottle job from 'The Finisher'.

Not a patch on Michael Bevan.

Ali TT 21st December 2015 13:36

I see there is also a Pakistan super league thread. Perhaps instead of multiple threads we'd be better with one large International Franchise T20 Leagues thread. Doing so should lead to greater quality in posting, as the best posts will be in one place rather than spread thinly across the board, and also inspire more interest among the 24/7 community.

Chin Music 21st December 2015 13:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ali TT (Post 696089)
I see there is also a Pakistan super league thread. Perhaps instead of multiple threads we'd be better with one large International Franchise T20 Leagues thread. Doing so should lead to greater quality in posting, as the best posts will be in one place rather than spread thinly across the board, and also inspire more interest among the 24/7 community.

I can see your point, my one suspicion though is that the focus will be on one particular player who happens to be playing across several different leagues and may well spill onto other threads. And no, I don't mean Ravi!

Sir Virgs and Zamora 21st December 2015 14:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ali TT (Post 696089)
I see there is also a Pakistan super league thread. Perhaps instead of multiple threads we'd be better with one large International Franchise T20 Leagues thread. Doing so should lead to greater quality in posting, as the best posts will be in one place rather than spread thinly across the board, and also inspire more interest among the 24/7 community.

:good: :bravo:

Posters could make a few points about a competition then discuss a different one for a while but regain interest for the semi finals. It should be called the "Chris Gayle and players making up the numbers thread"

Ali TT 21st December 2015 14:13

Or maybe just the "Sir Virgs making up the numbers" thread?

Sir Virgs and Zamora 21st December 2015 14:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ali TT (Post 696093)
Or maybe just the "Sir Virgs making up the numbers" thread?

Bad idea because that would cover every thread on here.

Ali TT 21st December 2015 14:27

Very true

Sir Virgs and Zamora 28th December 2015 11:06

Flintoff is just dreadful in the comms box. This is awful. He is ruining my enjoyment of another kallis masterclass.

Rey 28th December 2015 11:25

Just switched over, he was awful in the Boxing Day Test too, far too hyper but the Aussies seem to love him because he's never off.

Ali TT 29th December 2015 23:58

I see Dan Christian hit the ball out of the Gabba in this mornings game.

Notts Exile 30th December 2015 11:48

If I was in Sir Virgs mode I'd suggest it was because he's a Notts man!!

YAMS 30th December 2015 12:18

Absolute clinic this from Klinger & Marsh.

Michelle Fivefer 31st December 2015 02:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Virgs and Zamora (Post 696776)
Flintoff is just dreadful in the comms box. This is awful. He is ruining my enjoyment of another kallis masterclass.

I think the Big Bash is the best of the t20 leagues but enjoyment is lessened, not just by the commentary itself, but by the fact that the broadcasters think we actually want to spend a lot of time watching the three commentators indulging in their hilarious banter rather than the cricket.

YAMS 31st December 2015 10:56

Flintoff currently ruining another game. Doing my head in as well.

Sir Virgs and Zamora 31st December 2015 12:44

51 needed off the past 18 balls. One batsman scored 56 and they had 3 balls left. to think people compare bowling these days to bowling 15 years ago. The mindset of batsman has changed in all formats.

geoff_boycotts_grandmother 31st December 2015 12:48

Travis Head has played over twice as many fc matches as T20 matches but now has as many fc hundred as T20 hundreds.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:20.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Cricket247.org