Cricket 24/7

Cricket 24/7 (http://www.cricket247.org/community/index.php)
-   International Cricket (http://www.cricket247.org/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Australia v England - 4th Ashes Test - Boxing Day MCG (http://www.cricket247.org/community/showthread.php?t=23714)

Boxing Roo 25th December 2017 11:43

Australia v England - 4th Ashes Test - Boxing Day MCG

C'mon Aussie C'mon, C'mon, C'mon Aussie C'mon!

Happy Christmas to all, play gets underway at 10-30am at the MCG.

No Stark for us, big break for the poms.

Aussies to win again, Lyon to get plenty.

Redmachine 25th December 2017 11:55

I think Curran coming in says a lot about Ball’s ability and Wood’s fitness. Having said that, they clearly like Curran’s attitude. Sounds like he wants to mix it and get stuck in. As a Surrey supporter, I wish him good luck. Might mean we see him less at the Oval next season.

D/L 25th December 2017 12:01

Yes, it does sort of illustrate the paucity of pace bowling talent in England at the moment.

Summer of '77 25th December 2017 12:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redmachine (Post 774855)
I think Curran coming in says a lot about Ballís ability and Woodís fitness. Having said that, they clearly like Curranís attitude. Sounds like he wants to mix it and get stuck in. As a Surrey supporter, I wish him good luck. Might mean we see him less at the Oval next season.

Yes, I've followed his career from the start down in SE11 and will be intrigued to see how he gets on. Well....when I say 'see', I mean 'read about'.

Jock McTuffnel v3 25th December 2017 13:39

What do you have to do to get dropped from this England team ?

Can’t see past another easy win for Oz.

Redmachine 25th December 2017 14:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jock McTuffnel v3 (Post 774858)
What do you have to do to get dropped from this England team ?

Canít see past another easy win for Oz.

Who would you have dropped? Who would you have brought in?

Cook, Ali and Broad are in terrible form, but realistically, who is going to come in for them? I think weíve tried enough openers since Strauss, and they clearly havenít been better than Cook. Stoneman hasnít even got a big score yet. Broad is still the second best bowler in the team (sad inditement), and Ali canít be replaced by Crane because A) it upsets the balance of the team B) the management donít seem to think Crane is any good.

Simply put, I think we are a very average test match team, which is likely to get worse once a few of the senior guys start retiring.

AJ101 25th December 2017 14:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Summer of '77 (Post 774857)
Yes, I've followed his career from the start down in SE11 and will be intrigued to see how he gets on. Well....when I say 'see', I mean 'read about'.

I expect Sam to have more impact in the test team and Tom in the ODI but not really surprised to see Tom get first crack.

Aidan11 25th December 2017 16:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jock McTuffnel v3 (Post 774858)
What do you have to do to get dropped from this England team

Pouring a drink over Jimmy Anderson might do it.

Jock McTuffnel v3 25th December 2017 18:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redmachine (Post 774859)
Who would you have dropped? Who would you have brought in?

Cook, Ali and Broad are in terrible form, but realistically, who is going to come in for them? I think weíve tried enough openers since Strauss, and they clearly havenít been better than Cook. Stoneman hasnít even got a big score yet. Broad is still the second best bowler in the team (sad inditement), and Ali canít be replaced by Crane because A) it upsets the balance of the team B) the management donít seem to think Crane is any good.

Simply put, I think we are a very average test match team, which is likely to get worse once a few of the senior guys start retiring.

The series is gone - Foakes and Crane should be given a chance over the guys who couldnít compete. Itís 3-0..

Redmachine 25th December 2017 19:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jock McTuffnel v3 (Post 774862)
The series is gone - Foakes and Crane should be given a chance over the guys who couldnít compete. Itís 3-0..

Who does Foakes replace?

Jock McTuffnel v3 25th December 2017 21:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redmachine (Post 774864)
Who does Foakes replace?

Ali.

Malan and Root just as threatening.

Sir Virgs and Zamora 25th December 2017 21:31

Ali could be injured.

Happy Xmas all.

Sir Virgs and Zamora 25th December 2017 21:46

Cleared to play. Maybe playing with one arm. Apparently won't risk crane in a dead game.

Jock McTuffnel v3 25th December 2017 22:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Virgs and Zamora (Post 774867)
Cleared to play. Maybe playing with one arm. Apparently won't risk crane in a dead game.

Long term this is probably for the best - if he was dropped after 3 tests the door might be open for NZ.

Jock McTuffnel v3 25th December 2017 23:09

Oz field ? Weird.

Cricinfo typo - they bat :/

geoff_boycotts_grandmother 26th December 2017 00:29

This is looking ominious.

Anderson already whipped out of the attack after yet another toothless display with the new ball. Broad's beaten the bat a few times but a wicketless hour doesn't bode well.

Hope everyone had a good Christmas.

stonesfan 26th December 2017 00:34

What the hell is Ali doing out there????

That's a final insult to the fans that he's selected. Yes I know this has been another one of those tours but his selection just rubs salt into the wounds.

Not impressed.

Jock McTuffnel v3 26th December 2017 00:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by stonesfan (Post 774873)
What the hell is Ali doing out there????

That's a final insult to the fans that he's selected. Yes I know this has been another one of those tours but his selection just rubs salt into the wounds.

Not impressed.

The Boxing Day buffet is open...

Boxing Roo 26th December 2017 00:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jock McTuffnel v3 (Post 774874)
The Boxing Day buffet is open...

Do you call today boxing day in England?

stonesfan 26th December 2017 00:58

Woakes and Ali might as well use a Tennis ball. No threat at all.

Accept this pitch is a bed of feathers but when we are 100 for 5 etc etc etc