View Single Post
Old 2nd January 2016, 00:21   #16
Michelle Fivefer
Posting Goddess

Team(s): England, Lancashire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goochies Lovechild View Post
Michelle (is that your real name)

I totally agree Dropping Compton in the first place was a terrible piece of leadership - As I said before another knee jerk decision - Yes he had a run of low scores but did you see his interview with i think Wardy when he clearly said he was well ****ed with being dropped when aveaging 40 odd in test cricket - I think his stats were wrong but I seriously get his point

I dont think AH should open the batting - he is not a test opener Fact but he is in the squad and dropping down the order will give him the opportunity to at least get into the side - get the feel and progress to opener with confidence of selection behind him

Thats all
Is Michelle my real name? What do you think? I am female though.

Compton was being selective with his stats. His average after 4 tests in India and three in New Zealand was 40. His disappointing performance v NZ in the home leg brought it down to 36.05 overall. But seven decent tests followed by two rubbish ones. A bit drastic to draw the line under him so firmly, but there were other factors, the Yorkshire lobby rooting for Root, the mysterious goings on within the team and with Flower, etc.

Still don't agree with moving Hales down the order. He's opened quite a bit for England in the other formats and been opening for Notts. Just give him a few more matches.