View Single Post
Old 25th September 2017, 12:52   #188
geoff_boycotts_grandmother
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redmachine View Post
England pretty much know their best Xl now. The only person you could question in the top 6 is Morgan, but to be fair, he's done a good job as captain and is still capable of match winning innings', as he showed during the champions trophy. Roy, Vince, Billings, Livingstone or Duckett may eventually replace him.

In terms of bowling, Ali and Rashid continue to do an excellent job. Plunkett is our best seamer and Woakes and Stokes are solid. I have to question what Willey is doing in this team. Is he playing just because he's a left arm bowler? If so, I'd rather bring in Sam Curran or Harry Gurney. Curran isn't anywhere near his peak yet, but he'll certainly develop into a far better player than Willey. Gurney's first go in an England shirt didn't work out, but he's been brilliant for Notts this year. Seems to have improved on his variations. Reece Topley is probably the most talented left armer in the country, but he can't stay fit. I wonder if he'll ever play for England again.

Right now, I'd just pick another right arm bowler. Tom Curran, Jamie Porter, Craig Overton, Mark Wood (currently injured), Jake Ball and Steve Finn would all do a better job than somebody who can only bowl with a new ball at 80mph.
Agree on Willey (and Topley for that matter). Not sure Porter is a great limited overs bowler.

I'd go for Tom Curran.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle Fivefer View Post
I hadn't noticed, but I did hear a section of the crowd chanting "Yaaark -Sher" at one point.
As a Red Roses fan it must hurt that not only do you have inferior players but you also have an even worse chant.
geoff_boycotts_grandmother is offline   Reply With Quote