View Single Post
Old 1st February 2009, 16:20   #185
Chin Music
Administrator

Team(s): ****
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastBowlersUnion View Post
But look at his economy. It seems his ODI bowling in the CC works.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,...-23212,00.html

Great stuff from Thompson.

"From what I saw of the Australian attack the other day, what they bowled was absolute crap.

"Every one of them was terrible," said Thomson, Dennis Lillee's partner in crime during a career that reaped 200 Test scalps at 28.01.

"It looked like South Africa was playing a third-grade club attack. I'm not the only one who thinks that. What I saw the other night was just gun-barrel bowling. There was no creativity.

"The South African wickets are very similar to here, but they'd want to have something up their sleeve because at the moment how are they going to take 20 wickets to win a Test? We took two in 50 overs the other day, so maybe if we bowl 250 overs we'll get 10 wickets."

"You can't pick Shaun Tait, seriously. He runs out of puff in a limited-overs match. No way," Thomson said.

"They better not be taking that refugee from Queensland that plays in Sydney. Nathan Hauritz should be called Nathan Horror. Does he spin the ball? They have to take Jason Krejza, at least he turns the ball.

"Mitchell Johnson looks tired. He's bowling so round-arm at the moment you may as well call him Mitchell Malinga (a reference to Sri Lankan slinger Lasith Malinga)."

Thomson hopes selectors take Tasmanian quick Ben Hilfenhaus and Queensland's Ashley Noffke on tour.

Nathan Horror
Mitchell Malinga
Its a good un no doubt but Thommo is a pot calling the kettle black having a dig at roundarm bowling.