Cricket 24/7  

Welcome to the Cricket 24/7.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. There are also more forums available to members, such as the Lounge - where members chat about just about anything under the sun except cricket!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   Cricket 24/7 > Cricket Discussion Forums > International Cricket
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Casino Articles Terms of Use Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th March 2018, 23:55   #281
1000yardstare
Posting Goddess
 
1000yardstare's Avatar
JA 827 Cummins 149 Wagner 147 TCurran 21 SCurran 2
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: London
Posts: 20,678
NZ Test squad

Kane Williamson (c)
Todd Astle
Trent Boult
Colin de Grandhomme
Matt Henry
Tom Latham
Henry Nicholls
Jeet Raval
Tim Southee
Ross Taylor
Neil Wagner
BJ Watling (wk)
1000yardstare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2018, 02:47   #282
1000yardstare
Posting Goddess
 
1000yardstare's Avatar
JA 827 Cummins 149 Wagner 147 TCurran 21 SCurran 2
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: London
Posts: 20,678
England bowling 90 overs today
30/5
Vince is having a bowl now..

http://www.nzc.nz/live-streaming

Last edited by 1000yardstare : 14th March 2018 at 04:09.
1000yardstare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2018, 06:11   #283
AJ101
International Material
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 1,388
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1000yardstare View Post
England bowling 90 overs today
30/5
Vince is having a bowl now..

http://www.nzc.nz/live-streaming
NZ have recovered to 200/6. Thanks for the link.
AJ101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2018, 07:56   #284
MRNC4.0
International Material
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Melbourne
Team(s): Victoria
Posts: 1,918
Blundell took a liking to the attack, should be in the Kiwi test side surely? Oh he is. Did Watling get dropped? Who was keeping during the ODIs?
MRNC4.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2018, 07:58   #285
AJ101
International Material
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 1,388
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRNC4.0 View Post
Blundell took a liking to the attack, should be in the Kiwi test side surely?
He is isn't he? I'm sure I've seen him this winter/NZ summer
AJ101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2018, 08:08   #286
MRNC4.0
International Material
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Melbourne
Team(s): Victoria
Posts: 1,918
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ101 View Post
He is isn't he? I'm sure I've seen him this winter/NZ summer
So they play Watling, Latham and Blundell in the same side?
MRNC4.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2018, 08:16   #287
sharky
Posting God
 
sharky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sunny Sussex
Team(s): Sussex, England
Posts: 10,691
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRNC4.0 View Post
So they play Watling, Latham and Blundell in the same side?
Blundell filled in while Watling was injured, but Watling is back now. Latham has been their opener for a long time and I think is just a part-time keeper.
__________________
She was like a candle in the wind...Unreliable
sharky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2018, 08:20   #288
sharky
Posting God
 
sharky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sunny Sussex
Team(s): Sussex, England
Posts: 10,691
We've used 8 bowlers and none of them are Crane.
__________________
She was like a candle in the wind...Unreliable
sharky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2018, 08:28   #289
Jock McTuffnel v3
World Class
 
Jock McTuffnel v3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Cambridge
Team(s): England
Posts: 6,383
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharky View Post
We've used 8 bowlers and none of them are Crane.
Not true - Crane was the most economical spinner .....

Slightly worried that again outside Jimmy and Broad the other bowlers are a step or two or three down class wise.

Team needs some new blood and a bit of patience. Playing the same old Ashes failures would be futile.
__________________
Jock McTuffnel v3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2018, 08:43   #290
MRNC4.0
International Material
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Melbourne
Team(s): Victoria
Posts: 1,918
I found three separate scorecards for this game, all with different figures and totals.
MRNC4.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2018, 09:54   #291
AJ101
International Material
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 1,388
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharky View Post
We've used 8 bowlers and none of them are Crane.
I saw him come on in the 65th over or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharky View Post
Blundell filled in while Watling was injured, but Watling is back now. Latham has been their opener for a long time and I think is just a part-time keeper.
Ah that makes sense, I was sure I'd seen him in their test side this year.
AJ101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2018, 10:05   #292
Sir Virgs and Zamora
Posting God
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 19,730
Crane most economical bowler. Get him in the side. Why on earth would malan have 4 overs and crane 1?

Jock - fear not, woakes, overton and stokes will be available soon.
Sir Virgs and Zamora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2018, 11:05   #293
Psyduck
Posting God
 
Psyduck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Manchester
Team(s): England, Lancashire, Man Utd
Posts: 15,958
I did wonder if they might give Overton both tests (and rotate Broad and Anderson or just leave the former out) but his injury might have put paid to his chances. I can't see Wood playing so that just leaves a decision between Vince and Livingstone for the tests (assuming Stokes and Woakes are fit).
Psyduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2018, 11:27   #294
sanskritsimon
Posting God
 
sanskritsimon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Team(s): Arkholme Bees, Hackney Grasshoppers, Holy Cross Academicals
Posts: 10,412
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Virgs and Zamora View Post
... Why on earth would malan have 4 overs and crane 1? ...
It makes perfect sense as soon as you realise that these games are England's preparation for the test matches. Crane won't play in either test and never was going to. That's the basis on which he could be picked in the squad. On the other hand Moeen is not a very good bowler, so the other part-time spinners who are going to be in the test XI will need to be at their best with the ball, and so need match practice.
sanskritsimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2018, 11:37   #295
Psyduck
Posting God
 
Psyduck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Manchester
Team(s): England, Lancashire, Man Utd
Posts: 15,958
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanskritsimon View Post
It makes perfect sense as soon as you realise that these games are England's preparation for the test matches. Crane won't play in either test and never was going to. That's the basis on which he could be picked in the squad. On the other hand Moeen is not a very good bowler, so the other part-time spinners who are going to be in the test XI will need to be at their best with the ball, and so need match practice.
Maybe if he'd done better than 1-200 on debut or had a better Lions tour he's be selected? Do we want our spinners to be selected on merit or by some other criteria?
Psyduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2018, 11:51   #296
Ali TT
Posting God
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 18,172
Does the scorecard read 376/6 because the scorer was too embarrassed to record the actual score of 1857/23?
__________________
WARNING
Reading the above post may cause bouts of nausea.
Ali TT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2018, 12:09   #297
sanskritsimon
Posting God
 
sanskritsimon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Team(s): Arkholme Bees, Hackney Grasshoppers, Holy Cross Academicals
Posts: 10,412
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyduck View Post
Maybe if he'd done better than 1-200 on debut or had a better Lions tour he'd be selected?
I don't believe so, and I don't think you believe that either. If he'd done well in either of those contexts people would have said "Well what do you expect on such pitches, they don't remotely resemble the ones we'll get in NZ", and we would have reverted immediately to the standard team. We're desperate for more runs so we're not going to play an extra bowler, and we're not going to play Stokes as third seamer if we think there might possibly be something in the pitch for the quicks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyduck View Post
Do we want our spinners to be selected on merit or by some other criteria?
I would prefer merit, personally.
sanskritsimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2018, 12:37   #298
Jock McTuffnel v3
World Class
 
Jock McTuffnel v3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Cambridge
Team(s): England
Posts: 6,383
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanskritsimon View Post
I don't believe so, and I don't think you believe that either. If he'd done well in either of those contexts people would have said "Well what do you expect on such pitches, they don't remotely resemble the ones we'll get in NZ", and we would have reverted immediately to the standard team. We're desperate for more runs so we're not going to play an extra bowler, and we're not going to play Stokes as third seamer if we think there might possibly be something in the pitch for the quicks.

I would prefer merit, personally.
If the pitches are seam friendly Malan and Root can cover the spinner job and we can play a specialist batsman.
__________________
Jock McTuffnel v3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2018, 12:50   #299
Psyduck
Posting God
 
Psyduck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Manchester
Team(s): England, Lancashire, Man Utd
Posts: 15,958
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanskritsimon View Post
I don't believe so, and I don't think you believe that either.
I don't necessarily believe his figures on test debut should be held against him but his dire returns on the CC last summer and on tour for the Lions in the West Indies should.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanskritsimon View Post
I would prefer merit, personally.
In which case Crane should be nowhere near the test squad.
Psyduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2018, 12:51   #300
Psyduck
Posting God
 
Psyduck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Manchester
Team(s): England, Lancashire, Man Utd
Posts: 15,958
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jock McTuffnel v3 View Post
If the pitches are seam friendly Malan and Root can cover the spinner job and we can play a specialist batsman.
What, like Mo?
Psyduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 20:56.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Cricket247.org