Cricket 24/7  

Welcome to the Cricket 24/7.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. There are also more forums available to members, such as the Lounge - where members chat about just about anything under the sun except cricket!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   Cricket 24/7 > Cricket Discussion Forums > International Cricket
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Casino Articles Terms of Use Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd March 2018, 16:37   #61
Psyduck
Posting God
 
Psyduck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Manchester
Team(s): England, Lancashire, Man Utd
Posts: 16,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbo 60 View Post
Starc-ers..162-out. Innings defeat?
Psyduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2018, 19:59   #62
sanskritsimon
Posting God
 
sanskritsimon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Team(s): Arkholme Bees, Hackney Grasshoppers, Holy Cross Academicals
Posts: 10,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Coolerking View Post
... This is bringing back memories of the Ashes. On these kind of pitches the Aussie attack has all bases covered. I hope we've taken note for 2019. If a pitch doesn't have some green in it we may as well not turn up (or the groundsman should be sacked).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Virgs and Zamora View Post
Have Cardiff bought one? We know how they like to prepare what England need.
[WRONG THREAD] I would dearly love England to develop into something more than a bunch of green-track bullies. But it won't happen if we take the easy route to home success and pour scorn on venues where the pitches are more representative of test pitches around the world. Great test teams can lose here, for sure, but we can win here and remain distinctly mediocre. It would be disappointing if the summit of our ambitions were to doctor our pitches such that we can win back the Ashes for a few months and pretend that things are alright before getting pummelled again. [/WRONG THREAD]
sanskritsimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2018, 01:05   #63
Mickmac
County 2nd Team
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Chiang Mai, Thailand
Team(s): The Game
Posts: 240
Considering you are a "Posting God" you're not very good at posting, are you ?

Australia is all over SA (so far) in the First Test, maybe you should be commenting on that.
Or are you that shattered the Aussies are not being beaten ? lol



.
__________________
.........."It was very unexpected, if that's what you mean. Not a particularly interesting game, though. As soon as the game had begun the toss looked to be crucial"...........

Last edited by Mickmac : 3rd March 2018 at 01:17.
Mickmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2018, 05:56   #64
MRNC4.0
International Material
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Melbourne
Team(s): Victoria
Posts: 1,928
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Coolerking View Post
de Bruyne doesn't look Test standard
Word is Mulder was given the green light to debut this game, but when the Aussies got wind of it during the warm-up Starc sent an over down at his head and he looked all out of sorts so they blinked and went with the specialist.
MRNC4.0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2018, 09:20   #65
Ali TT
Posting God
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 19,088
Has sentiment got the better of the Saffers? Ngidi must feel frustrated to be overlooked for Morkel.
__________________
WARNING
Reading the above post may cause bouts of nausea.
Ali TT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2018, 09:22   #66
Ali TT
Posting God
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 19,088
Khawaja likes spin bowling, lol
__________________
WARNING
Reading the above post may cause bouts of nausea.
Ali TT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2018, 09:39   #67
Sir Virgs and Zamora
Posting God
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 20,954
Khawaja is a **** bloke.
Sir Virgs and Zamora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2018, 09:42   #68
sanskritsimon
Posting God
 
sanskritsimon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Team(s): Arkholme Bees, Hackney Grasshoppers, Holy Cross Academicals
Posts: 10,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickmac View Post
Considering you are a "Posting God" you're not very good at posting, are you ?

Australia is all over SA (so far) in the First Test, maybe you should be commenting on that.
Or are you that shattered the Aussies are not being beaten ? lol ...
I'm very happy to see any result in these games. I have no particular affection for either side.

Apologies for the impertinent post. As for the theological moniker, it's just something that the system provides.
sanskritsimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2018, 11:22   #69
MRNC4.0
International Material
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Melbourne
Team(s): Victoria
Posts: 1,928
See nothing but doom for the Saffers from here. If Aus can get their top three in working order they'd be a pretty difficult side to beat anywhere. They've got the best 4-11 in the word at the moment.
MRNC4.0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2018, 11:33   #70
square leg umpire
Legendary
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: yorkshire
Team(s): yorkshire
Posts: 8,662
DRS gets one wrong. Chooses the wrong pad.
square leg umpire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2018, 12:30   #71
Mickmac
County 2nd Team
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Chiang Mai, Thailand
Team(s): The Game
Posts: 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Virgs and Zamora View Post
Khawaja is a **** bloke.
So you know him personally ? Do you know him well, and how did you meet ?
__________________
.........."It was very unexpected, if that's what you mean. Not a particularly interesting game, though. As soon as the game had begun the toss looked to be crucial"...........
Mickmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2018, 14:53   #72
thedon
County Pro
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 963
Wasn't aware of Sir Virg's direct personal relationship with Khawaja, though no doubt they must be quite familiar.

Not sure whether Nicholas is a *** bloke or not but jesus, mary and joseph he is a **** cricket commentator lol. In a field where the bar can at times seem low to begin with, he manages to limbo under it. Always thought the Aussies and Indians were the worst, but he outdoes a Slater/Healy or Gavaskar/Shastri combo all on his own. No mean feat that.
__________________
carpe diem quam minimum credula postero

Last edited by thedon : 3rd March 2018 at 15:09.
thedon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2018, 15:00   #73
thedon
County Pro
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 963
With over 400 to chase and plenty of time, not looking good for the Saffers after a poor 1st innings effort with the bat. Though to be fair the Aussie bowling was alright and Starc is difficult when there is reverse swing. Not over yet I suppose but they need a miracle. Time for a rain dance, a bit of cloud seeding?
__________________
carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
thedon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2018, 16:27   #74
Ali TT
Posting God
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 19,088
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Virgs and Zamora View Post
Khawaja is a **** bloke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickmac View Post
So you know him personally ? Do you know him well, and how did you meet ?
Is this a reference to the stump mic controversy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedon View Post
Wasn't aware of Sir Virg's direct personal relationship with Khawaja, though no doubt they must be quite familiar.

Not sure whether Nicholas is a *** bloke or not but jesus, mary and joseph he is a **** cricket commentator lol. In a field where the bar can at times seem low to begin with, he manages to limbo under it. Always thought the Aussies and Indians were the worst, but he outdoes a Slater/Healy or Gavaskar/Shastri combo all on his own. No mean feat that.
Personally I'd give Nicholas just a single *. As a commentator anyhow, he might be a lovely bloke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedon View Post
With over 400 to chase and plenty of time, not looking good for the Saffers after a poor 1st innings effort with the bat. Though to be fair the Aussie bowling was alright and Starc is difficult when there is reverse swing. Not over yet I suppose but they need a miracle. Time for a rain dance, a bit of cloud seeding?
Be thankful it wasn't Holding or Botham on comms. They'd have spent the first half of the day moaning about Australia not enforcing the follow on, and the second half about them still batting and not declaring.

Should be a simple win.
__________________
WARNING
Reading the above post may cause bouts of nausea.
Ali TT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2018, 17:36   #75
square leg umpire
Legendary
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: yorkshire
Team(s): yorkshire
Posts: 8,662
Not much chance of this match going to a 5th day.
square leg umpire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2018, 20:49   #76
AJ101
International Material
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 1,786
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedon View Post
Wasn't aware of Sir Virg's direct personal relationship with Khawaja, though no doubt they must be quite familiar.

Not sure whether Nicholas is a *** bloke or not but jesus, mary and joseph he is a **** cricket commentator lol. In a field where the bar can at times seem low to begin with, he manages to limbo under it. Always thought the Aussies and Indians were the worst, but he outdoes a Slater/Healy or Gavaskar/Shastri combo all on his own. No mean feat that.
I've met him a couple of times and he came across as an alright bloke (although I'm not sure bloke is the right word!), I absolutely hate his commentary though, he's the only one who I have to instantly put on mute.
AJ101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2018, 23:57   #77
Boxing Roo
County Pro
 
Boxing Roo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Sydney, Australia
Team(s): Aussies, NSW
Posts: 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Virgs and Zamora View Post
Khawaja is a **** bloke.
Spot on and ive raised this before, hes a little flea more worried about his hair and watch that gutsing it out..

Not to mention hes got very poor body language at the crease, hes very passive and is a very boring as all fek bat to watch.
He very rarely can take control of an innings and sets a poor tone aggression wise
He hurts our batting line up imo, cant wait to see the back of him.
He rarely fires when the pressures on and we really need him, he bats with little purpose, hes a little pussy and unAustralian imo.
Fek him off and bring in somebody with some ticka.
Boxing Roo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2018, 00:41   #78
Midnight
Legendary
 
Midnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Melbourne
Team(s): Australia
Posts: 8,113
This should be over about halfway through the day. SA continues its trajectory down towards the lower reaches of the rankings. It disappointed against India and resembled a rabble by the end of the limited overs series.

When you add this to the fact that they don't perform well against Australia at home, this was bound to be one-sided with the tourists having the world's best bowling attack and the world's best batsman on board.

Even still, they will be disappointed to lose heavily in the first match.

The only mitigating factor is that it was a very good toss for the visitors to win.
Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2018, 08:19   #79
thedon
County Pro
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 963
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Virgs and Zamora View Post
Khawaja is a **** bloke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxing Roo View Post
Spot on and ive raised this before, hes a little flea more worried about his hair and watch that gutsing it out..

Not to mention hes got very poor body language at the crease, hes very passive and is a very boring as all fek bat to watch.
He very rarely can take control of an innings and sets a poor tone aggression wise
He hurts our batting line up imo, cant wait to see the back of him.
He rarely fires when the pressures on and we really need him, he bats with little purpose, hes a little pussy and unAustralian imo.
Fek him off and bring in somebody with some ticka.
Wouldn't it be more accurate then, to say that you feel he is not a very good cricketer, but you don't know him well enough as a bloke to comment? Unless you also have (or had) a personal relationship of some sort with him, like Sir Virgs (which would still make it irrelevant gossip)?
__________________
carpe diem quam minimum credula postero

Last edited by thedon : 4th March 2018 at 08:39.
thedon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2018, 08:44   #80
thedon
County Pro
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 963
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight View Post
This should be over about halfway through the day. SA continues its trajectory down towards the lower reaches of the rankings. It disappointed against India and resembled a rabble by the end of the limited overs series.

When you add this to the fact that they don't perform well against Australia at home, this was bound to be one-sided with the tourists having the world's best bowling attack and the world's best batsman on board.

Even still, they will be disappointed to lose heavily in the first match.

The only mitigating factor is that it was a very good toss for the visitors to win.
A bit early to write the Saffers off after one poor innings IMO. No real chance in this one, but it will be interesting to see how they tough it out. Still plenty of cricket left to play in this series. Would be surprised if they don't bounce back strongly.
__________________
carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
thedon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:04.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Cricket247.org