Cricket 24/7  

Welcome to the Cricket 24/7.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. There are also more forums available to members, such as the Lounge - where members chat about just about anything under the sun except cricket!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   Cricket 24/7 > Cricket Discussion Forums > England
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Casino Articles Terms of Use Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th June 2015, 12:04   #341
Sir Virgs and Zamora
Posting God
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 20,040
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDogg16 View Post
Really sad news. Hopefully Somerset will find a role for him coaching if he wants to stay in the game.
He is a bit of a jack the lad and will pursue other interests I expect. He will move to the big smoke and spend time in Saffer land. He is involved with stud horses, I think. He has the right background...
Sir Virgs and Zamora is offline  
Old 5th June 2015, 17:48   #342
sharky
Posting God
 
sharky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sunny Sussex
Team(s): Sussex, England
Posts: 10,735
The rumour is that Prior isn't far off announcing his retirement too. It's crazy that Cook and Moores still picked him with an injury that has basically ended his career.
__________________
She was like a candle in the wind...Unreliable
sharky is offline  
Old 5th June 2015, 19:16   #343
Minor Maggie
Buttleresque
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Leeds
Team(s): Lancashire, England
Posts: 26,725
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharky View Post
The rumour is that Prior isn't far off announcing his retirement too. It's crazy that Cook and Moores still picked him with an injury that has basically ended his career.
That wasn't the message he was giving on CWOTV.

Very sad that Craig has given up the game.I think it does show that with this and other incidents that there is still room for improvement with cricket protection.
Minor Maggie is offline  
Old 5th June 2015, 19:28   #344
stevieh
Administrator
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Team(s): England, Kent, Canada
Posts: 7,014
Kieswetter's announcement is sad news, given his age. We never quite saw all that he was capable of, despite the W20 heroics. When the only players being considered for call up to the Ashes squad are yet to make their debut, unless you count Bairstow and Taylor, we are in some kind of predicament in the middle order and spinner roles.
stevieh is offline  
Old 5th June 2015, 21:23   #345
Psyduck
Posting God
 
Psyduck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Manchester
Team(s): England, Lancashire, Man Utd
Posts: 16,032
Pivotal performance from Tim Bresnan in the Roses T20, failing to defend 17 in the last over and going for over 50 runs.
Psyduck is offline  
Old 5th June 2015, 21:27   #346
Fatslogger
Self Confessed Mentalist
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Hitchin
Team(s): England and Liverpool
Age: 42
Posts: 43,347
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyduck View Post
Pivotal performance from Tim Bresnan in the Roses T20, failing to defend 17 in the last over and going for over 50 runs.
I had a fairly big bet on Lancs pre match (2.6 seemed far too big for almost any T20 contest, let alone a fairly well matched looking one) and another mid chase at 9.2 (just after 4th wicket) so I was cheering that final over on with great enthusiasm. The end of Buttler's innings was simply brilliant but Bres was very kind in putting it on a plate for him.
__________________
Work is the curse of the drinking classes - Wilde
Fatslogger is offline  
Old 5th June 2015, 21:27   #347
Minor Maggie
Buttleresque
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Leeds
Team(s): Lancashire, England
Posts: 26,725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyduck View Post
Pivotal performance from Tim Bresnan in the Roses T20, failing to defend 17 in the last over and going for over 50 runs.
He's been buttlered.
Minor Maggie is offline  
Old 5th June 2015, 21:32   #348
YAMS
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 7,352
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyduck View Post
Pivotal performance from Tim Bresnan in the Roses T20, failing to defend 17 in the last over and going for over 50 runs.
YAMS is offline  
Old 5th June 2015, 22:46   #349
Sir Virgs and Zamora
Posting God
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 20,040
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyduck View Post
Pivotal performance from Tim Bresnan in the Roses T20, failing to defend 17 in the last over and going for over 50 runs.
When I pointed out his economy rate in a champo match at somerset (over 6) Dl said it was taunton so no problem. Interesting to see how this is explained away.
Sir Virgs and Zamora is offline  
Old 6th June 2015, 01:10   #350
geoff_boycotts_grandmother
Administrator
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 27,750
Super Ravi Bopara put in another man of the match performance, only upstaged by a squirrel.

Most economical bowler and most wickets and then top-scored in the chase.

England fans can only hope Trevor Bayliss was watching.

Cook played one good shot but otherwise looked poor. Jason Roy had a 'mare: out cheaply and I think dropped a catch. Ansari had a decent cameo against Napier.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle Fivefer
It was a poor innings by Bell with the bat.
geoff_boycotts_grandmother is offline  
Old 6th June 2015, 07:22   #351
Psyduck
Posting God
 
Psyduck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Manchester
Team(s): England, Lancashire, Man Utd
Posts: 16,032
Jos was magnificent last night - a match winning 71 not out off 35 balls. I think Hales made a half century for Notts too, albeit in a losing cause. I caught a bit of Eoin Morgan on TV on Friday night against Hampshire and he looked awful. Quite how he has been guaranteed his place in England's one day sides for the entire summer is beyond me. That was a massive mistake from Strauss. I wonder if Bayliss will be able to overturn it?
Psyduck is offline  
Old 6th June 2015, 09:18   #352
Rey
Administrator
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Castleford
Team(s): Yorkshire
Posts: 14,312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyduck View Post
I wonder if Bayliss will be able to overturn it?
Will he want to? Morgan was in his IPL side. Also, Farbrace was very keen to pump Morgan's tires up after the squad was announced. World class player etc etc.
__________________
"He has sat on the fence so long that the iron has entered his soul."
Rey is offline  
Old 6th June 2015, 09:26   #353
Sir Virgs and Zamora
Posting God
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 20,040
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyduck View Post
Jos was magnificent last night - a match winning 71 not out off 35 balls. I think Hales made a half century for Notts too, albeit in a losing cause. I caught a bit of Eoin Morgan on TV on Friday night against Hampshire and he looked awful. Quite how he has been guaranteed his place in England's one day sides for the entire summer is beyond me. That was a massive mistake from Strauss. I wonder if Bayliss will be able to overturn it?
Look what happened last night. Spot the innings which lost the match. http://www.espncricinfo.com/natwest-...ch/804511.html
Sir Virgs and Zamora is offline  
Old 6th June 2015, 09:29   #354
Psyduck
Posting God
 
Psyduck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Manchester
Team(s): England, Lancashire, Man Utd
Posts: 16,032
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Virgs and Zamora View Post
Look what happened last night. Spot the innings which lost the match. http://www.espncricinfo.com/natwest-...ch/804511.html
It was the same story on Thursday night - approx 28 at a S/R below 100 when his team was chasing 175. He should be nowhere near the England squad.
Psyduck is offline  
Old 6th June 2015, 10:06   #355
Sir Virgs and Zamora
Posting God
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 20,040
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyduck View Post
It was the same story on Thursday night - approx 28 at a S/R below 100 when his team was chasing 175. He should be nowhere near the England squad.
Proven match winner.
Sir Virgs and Zamora is offline  
Old 6th June 2015, 12:20   #356
D/L
World Class
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Leeds
Team(s): Yorkshire CCC & England, Wakefield Trinity RLFC, Leeds Carnegie RUFC
Posts: 7,816
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyduck View Post
Pivotal performance from Tim Bresnan in the Roses T20, failing to defend 17 in the last over and going for over 50 runs.
Really? Didn't see it. It's T20 and anyone who makes a judgment on what happens in that format is a fool.

Still, not quite as bad as going for 20 and 19 in consecutive overs of a test match.

I heard, though, that Lancashire won on the last ball and that the (obviously rather immobile) square leg umpire saved a certain boundary during Yorkshire's innings.
D/L is offline  
Old 6th June 2015, 12:21   #357
D/L
World Class
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Leeds
Team(s): Yorkshire CCC & England, Wakefield Trinity RLFC, Leeds Carnegie RUFC
Posts: 7,816
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Virgs and Zamora View Post
When I pointed out his economy rate in a champo match at somerset (over 6) Dl said it was taunton so no problem. Interesting to see how this is explained away.
The explaining away of an over in T20? Do me a favour.
D/L is offline  
Old 6th June 2015, 12:26   #358
Sir Virgs and Zamora
Posting God
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 20,040
Quote:
Originally Posted by D/L View Post
Really? Didn't see it. It's T20 and anyone who makes a judgment on what happens in that format is a fool.

Still, not quite as bad as going for 20 and 19 in consecutive overs of a test match.

I heard, though, that Lancashire won on the last ball and that the (obviously rather immobile) square leg umpire saved a certain boundary during Yorkshire's innings.
Lol. He failed to defend a monster score in a t20 and you say you can ignore one pressure over but want him death bowling odi. Haha. Fantastic.
Sir Virgs and Zamora is offline  
Old 6th June 2015, 12:29   #359
D/L
World Class
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Leeds
Team(s): Yorkshire CCC & England, Wakefield Trinity RLFC, Leeds Carnegie RUFC
Posts: 7,816
All down to him? Really? Ha, ha. Idiotic.
D/L is offline  
Old 6th June 2015, 13:16   #360
CDogg16
Established International
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 4,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Virgs and Zamora View Post
Lol. He failed to defend a monster score in a t20 and you say you can ignore one pressure over but want him death bowling odi. Haha. Fantastic.
To be fair he was bowling against one of best batsmen in T20 cricket and Lancashire could only get single of his last three balls. He only really bowled one bad ball, a full toss that was put away for four.
CDogg16 is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:35.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Cricket247.org