Cricket 24/7  

Welcome to the Cricket 24/7.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. There are also more forums available to members, such as the Lounge - where members chat about just about anything under the sun except cricket!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   Cricket 24/7 > Cricket Discussion Forums > International Cricket
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Casino Articles Terms of Use Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th October 2018, 10:43   #161
Chin Music
Administrator
 
Chin Music's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: la sala de opinion equivocada
Team(s): ****
Posts: 24,371
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Virgs and Zamora View Post
Aren’t we one of the better sides at blocking out draws? We have not done it for a while but we went through a spell when we were good. We almost did it miraculously at headingley.
No Bell, Collingwood and Cook now. That said a fine rearguard effort (although ultimately futile) from Buttler and Stokes at TB, and they aren't really the type of players you would associate with playing such knocks.
__________________
Quote:
"One of the greatest problems of our time is that many are schooled but few are educated" - Thomas More

Last edited by Chin Music : 11th October 2018 at 11:05.
Chin Music is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2018, 11:21   #162
Jock McTuffnel v3
World Class
 
Jock McTuffnel v3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Cambridge
Team(s): England
Posts: 6,873
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Virgs and Zamora View Post
Aren’t we one of the better sides at blocking out draws? We have not done it for a while but we went through a spell when we were good. We almost did it miraculously at headingley.
Root - 'If it means opening batters bat in a more one-day fashion long term I don’t think that is a bad thing for the game,” he said. “It makes for exciting viewing'.
__________________
Jock McTuffnel v3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2018, 12:18   #163
Chin Music
Administrator
 
Chin Music's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: la sala de opinion equivocada
Team(s): ****
Posts: 24,371
What's happened to Yasir Shah? I know he had a reputation for not really doing the business away (like many other players to be fair) but he's had a pretty poor test match here.
__________________
Quote:
"One of the greatest problems of our time is that many are schooled but few are educated" - Thomas More
Chin Music is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2018, 12:47   #164
sanskritsimon
Posting God
 
sanskritsimon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Team(s): Arkholme Bees, Hackney Grasshoppers, Holy Cross Academicals
Posts: 10,732
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chin Music View Post
What's happened to Yasir Shah? I know he had a reputation for not really doing the business away (like many other players to be fair) but he's had a pretty poor test match here.
More wickets than Wahab so far.
sanskritsimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2018, 13:03   #165
Sir Virgs and Zamora
Posting God
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 21,285
Fair play to oz. it was really weak from Pakistan not to enforce the follow on.
Sir Virgs and Zamora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2018, 13:08   #166
Jock McTuffnel v3
World Class
 
Jock McTuffnel v3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Cambridge
Team(s): England
Posts: 6,873
Oz victory of the cards yet ?
__________________
Jock McTuffnel v3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2018, 13:16   #167
Sir Virgs and Zamora
Posting God
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 21,285
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jock McTuffnel v3 View Post
Oz victory of the cards yet ?
More chance of you saying something positive about moeen. So how much time did Pakistan take from the game by batting again? Poor.
Sir Virgs and Zamora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2018, 13:25   #168
MRNC4.0
International Material
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Melbourne
Team(s): Victoria
Posts: 1,966
Absolute epic by Khawaja, a guy who couldn't take a run in Bangladesh without getting himself out. No doubt Langer will drop him for the next test citing 'conditions' or his 'dismissal against spin in the first innings' as reason, with Mmarsh bros moving up the order and their dad Geoff promoted to 4.
MRNC4.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2018, 13:30   #169
geoff_boycotts_grandmother
Administrator
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 28,319
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRNC4.0 View Post
Absolute epic by Khawaja, a guy who couldn't take a run in Bangladesh without getting himself out. No doubt Langer will drop him for the next test citing 'conditions' or his 'dismissal against spin in the first innings' as reason, with Mmarsh bros moving up the order and their dad Geoff promoted to 4.
Can we just spare a thought for Boxing Roo and consider the anguish he's currently experiencing.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle Fivefer
It was a poor innings by Bell with the bat.
geoff_boycotts_grandmother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2018, 13:31   #170
1000yardstare
Posting Goddess
 
1000yardstare's Avatar
JA 851 Cummins 149 Wagner 147 TCurran 21 SCurran 15
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: London
Posts: 21,080
It's all happening now!!
1000yardstare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2018, 13:35   #171
MRNC4.0
International Material
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Melbourne
Team(s): Victoria
Posts: 1,966
Quote:
Originally Posted by geoff_boycotts_grandmother View Post
Can we just spare a thought for Boxing Roo and consider the anguish he's currently experiencing.
He probably blames Khawaja for the current collapse.
MRNC4.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2018, 13:40   #172
Chin Music
Administrator
 
Chin Music's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: la sala de opinion equivocada
Team(s): ****
Posts: 24,371
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanskritsimon View Post
More wickets than Wahab so far.
Wicket generator?
__________________
Quote:
"One of the greatest problems of our time is that many are schooled but few are educated" - Thomas More
Chin Music is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2018, 14:00   #173
Sir Coolerking
International Material
 
Sir Coolerking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Berks
Team(s): England, Sussex, Portsmouth
Posts: 1,324
Note that it won't be the number of overs to survive, there's still 30 mins left in normal play.
Sir Coolerking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2018, 14:02   #174
Jock McTuffnel v3
World Class
 
Jock McTuffnel v3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Cambridge
Team(s): England
Posts: 6,873
WHAT A TEST MATCH.

Best form of the game by miles
__________________
Jock McTuffnel v3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2018, 14:05   #175
MRNC4.0
International Material
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Melbourne
Team(s): Victoria
Posts: 1,966
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Coolerking View Post
Note that it won't be the number of overs to survive, there's still 30 mins left in normal play.

so, that'll be an extra 10+ with spinners on? we're doomed.
MRNC4.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2018, 14:20   #176
Jock McTuffnel v3
World Class
 
Jock McTuffnel v3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Cambridge
Team(s): England
Posts: 6,873
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chin Music View Post
No Bell, Collingwood and Cook now. That said a fine rearguard effort (although ultimately futile) from Buttler and Stokes at TB, and they aren't really the type of players you would associate with playing such knocks.
England have 5 test innings over 145 overs in last 5 years.

One was Cook's 1st innings 263 in Abu Dabby - 206 overs !

3 against India and Manchester vs Pakistan where Root got 250+ (152 overs)
__________________
Jock McTuffnel v3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2018, 14:24   #177
Jock McTuffnel v3
World Class
 
Jock McTuffnel v3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Cambridge
Team(s): England
Posts: 6,873
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Virgs and Zamora View Post
More chance of you saying something positive about moeen. So how much time did Pakistan take from the game by batting again? Poor.
Wasn't the batting again - it was the length of time they batted on for...

Gritty stuff from Oz.
__________________
Jock McTuffnel v3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2018, 14:26   #178
Chin Music
Administrator
 
Chin Music's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: la sala de opinion equivocada
Team(s): ****
Posts: 24,371
Well played Australia. Some effort from Khawaja and Paine in particular.
__________________
Quote:
"One of the greatest problems of our time is that many are schooled but few are educated" - Thomas More
Chin Music is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2018, 14:36   #179
Sir Virgs and Zamora
Posting God
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 21,285
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jock McTuffnel v3 View Post
Wasn't the batting again - it was the length of time they batted on for...

Gritty stuff from Oz.
Disagree. Oz were under massive pressure and only a few overs left before the close so resting the bowlers was a non argument.
Sir Virgs and Zamora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2018, 14:44   #180
MRNC4.0
International Material
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Melbourne
Team(s): Victoria
Posts: 1,966
Tim Paine should receive the Order of Australia with Khawaja being made PM with his first act as prime minister sending Boxing Roo to Nauru.
MRNC4.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 22:37.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© Cricket247.org