Cricket 24/7  

Welcome to the Cricket 24/7.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. There are also more forums available to members, such as the Lounge - where members chat about just about anything under the sun except cricket!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   Cricket 24/7 > Cricket Discussion Forums > The Kim Jones Domestic Cricket Forum
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Casino Articles Terms of Use Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th January 2015, 10:03   #861
Sir Virgs and Zamora
Posting God
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 21,497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chin Music View Post
Two t20 blast veterans mucking things up at the top is something that we appear to have exported quite well down under!
Notts don't have much experience of finals day though so that would be expected. Good to see batsman who can't get to finals day in the weak blast opening in the bbl.
Sir Virgs and Zamora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2015, 10:46   #862
Sir Virgs and Zamora
Posting God
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 21,497
Star batsman so far the Aussie number 8 who nearly lost the odi vs england the other day
Sir Virgs and Zamora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2015, 11:37   #863
Sir Virgs and Zamora
Posting God
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 21,497
Congrats to klinger on being top scorer in BBL. It follows his fourth place in the t20 blast averages last year. Well I say fourth in the averages, I mean fourth in the Gloucestershire averages.
Sir Virgs and Zamora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2015, 12:49   #864
Sir Virgs and Zamora
Posting God
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 21,497
Belting finish in the final. Lyon bowling penultimate over with 17 needed. So far a run and two wickets. I am a big fan of spin at death overs.
Sir Virgs and Zamora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2015, 12:59   #865
Sir Virgs and Zamora
Posting God
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 21,497
Wow. Perth need one off the last three balls with Brett lee to bowl last three balls of career. He has bowled two people and one ball to come. Amazing.
Sir Virgs and Zamora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2015, 13:00   #866
Sir Virgs and Zamora
Posting God
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 21,497
Haha. Someone mucked up an easy run out chance. It was captain henriques. Idiotic from him.
Sir Virgs and Zamora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2015, 13:04   #867
Chin Music
Administrator
 
Chin Music's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: la sala de opinion equivocada
Team(s): ****
Posts: 24,414
Mad last few overs, especially the last 2. Brett Lee finishes his post-career (I can't bring to call t20 tourneys post international and first class career as being truly part of his career) with a fine over but the Scorchers sneak home with a single off the last ball. Well done to Michael Carberry for a fine series and a cheeky ramp shot off Lee in that last over.
Chin Music is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2015, 13:06   #868
Sir Virgs and Zamora
Posting God
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 21,497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chin Music View Post
Mad last few overs, especially the last 2. Brett Lee finishes his post-career (I can't bring to call t20 tourneys post international and first class career as being truly part of his career) with a fine over but the Scorchers sneak home with a single off the last ball. Well done to Michael Carberry for a fine series and a cheeky ramp shot off Lee in that last over.
I wonder how many years lee had been bowling before he was ramped.
Sir Virgs and Zamora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2015, 13:11   #869
Chin Music
Administrator
 
Chin Music's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: la sala de opinion equivocada
Team(s): ****
Posts: 24,414
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Virgs and Zamora View Post
I wonder how many years lee had been bowling before he was ramped.
To be honest he stopped being outstandingly quick by international standards by the time of he stopped playing test matches (i.e. 2008/9 v SA). He's still capable of bowling quick deliveries but not so regularly.
Chin Music is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2015, 14:17   #870
Michelle Fivefer
Posting Goddess
 
Michelle Fivefer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: North West England
Team(s): England, Lancashire
Posts: 42,521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Virgs and Zamora View Post
England need to learn from the BBL. We need to move finals day to a small provincial ground. I would suggest Derby or grace road would be perfect. Does anyone know why it is held at the tiny ground in Canberra? Is it to remove home pitch benefit?
Didn't we already establish that the playing area at Manuka Oval is bigger than the MCG's? Indeed, I think you were the one to bring it up. Fewer spectators, though. In England sporting finals tend to be held at neutral grounds to avoid home side benefit.

I believe it was moved from Perth because of the ongoing tri-series.
__________________
As balanced and focused as the next man
Michelle Fivefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2015, 14:19   #871
Michelle Fivefer
Posting Goddess
 
Michelle Fivefer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: North West England
Team(s): England, Lancashire
Posts: 42,521
Very exciting finish, Carberry has proved himself to be a valuable BB team player.
__________________
As balanced and focused as the next man
Michelle Fivefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2015, 14:20   #872
Hector
Established International
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Southampton
Team(s): Deportivo Finance, Hampshire, Berkshire
Age: 39
Posts: 3,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle Fivefer View Post
Very exciting finish, Carberry has proved himself to be a valuable BB team player.
He seems half decent at this T20 stuff. Shame England didnt see fit to give him a proper go in the format. And this is a guy who is batting at 4 for his BBL team whilst opening the batting for Hampshire.
__________________
www.yahooovercowcorner.wordpress.com


@YahoooverCC
Hector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2015, 14:21   #873
Sir Virgs and Zamora
Posting God
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 21,497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle Fivefer View Post
Didn't we already establish that the playing area at Manuka Oval is bigger than the MCG's? Indeed, I think you were the one to bring it up. Fewer spectators, though. In England sporting finals tend to be held at neutral grounds to avoid home side benefit.

I believe it was moved from Perth because of the ongoing tri-series.
By small I meant stands. Isn't grace road huge playing area?

Warks won t20 at edgbasten and hants beat us at rose bowl. Notts lost to leics at TB.
Sir Virgs and Zamora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2015, 14:34   #874
Michelle Fivefer
Posting Goddess
 
Michelle Fivefer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: North West England
Team(s): England, Lancashire
Posts: 42,521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Virgs and Zamora View Post
By small I meant stands. Isn't grace road huge playing area?

Warks won t20 at edgbasten and hants beat us at rose bowl. Notts lost to leics at TB.
Oh, OK, it wasn't clear. Never been to Grace Road and didn't know the playing area. But there has been an almighty row going on in Australia about switching the final and removing home advantage. This is the first year I've taken any interest in the BBL and only just discovered that under the tournament rules the team finishing top of the table gets a home final. I've had arguments about it elsewhere as this rule seems to be saying: you did so well in the round robin that we want to help you win the trophy. I don't agree with this, I think a final should be a stand-alone match and there should be no advantage to either side, but the Australians I have chatted to think differently. But this year is just a one-off because of other fixtures so next year it will be back to home team advantage again.

In Canberra today the Sydney Sixers fans seemed to greatly outnumber the Scorchers'. But it is a lot nearer to Sydney.
__________________
As balanced and focused as the next man
Michelle Fivefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2015, 14:59   #875
geoff_boycotts_grandmother
Administrator
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 28,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle Fivefer View Post
Oh, OK, it wasn't clear. Never been to Grace Road and didn't know the playing area. But there has been an almighty row going on in Australia about switching the final and removing home advantage. This is the first year I've taken any interest in the BBL and only just discovered that under the tournament rules the team finishing top of the table gets a home final. I've had arguments about it elsewhere as this rule seems to be saying: you did so well in the round robin that we want to help you win the trophy. I don't agree with this, I think a final should be a stand-alone match and there should be no advantage to either side, but the Australians I have chatted to think differently. But this year is just a one-off because of other fixtures so next year it will be back to home team advantage again.

In Canberra today the Sydney Sixers fans seemed to greatly outnumber the Scorchers'. But it is a lot nearer to Sydney.
#pieterseneffect
geoff_boycotts_grandmother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2015, 16:47   #876
Michelle Fivefer
Posting Goddess
 
Michelle Fivefer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: North West England
Team(s): England, Lancashire
Posts: 42,521
I note that Kallis was adjudged Man of the Series. Sir Virgs must be delighted.
__________________
As balanced and focused as the next man
Michelle Fivefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2015, 17:29   #877
Sir Virgs and Zamora
Posting God
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 21,497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle Fivefer View Post
I note that Kallis was adjudged Man of the Series. Sir Virgs must be delighted.
It does kind of show what a load of monkey tennis it is. He was clearly past it vs top bowlers. Good to see him still doing well and scoring quicker. If he was 20 years younger and grew up with t20 then he was have been an absolute gun at it.
Sir Virgs and Zamora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2015, 19:57   #878
YAMS
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 7,352
Could watch this on catch up tonight, is it worth it Sir V?
YAMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2015, 20:10   #879
Sir Virgs and Zamora
Posting God
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 21,497
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAMS View Post
Could watch this on catch up tonight, is it worth it Sir V?
Yup belting match. Last over is ace.
Sir Virgs and Zamora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2015, 20:18   #880
Ali TT
Posting God
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 19,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chin Music View Post
To be honest he stopped being outstandingly quick by international standards by the time of he stopped playing test matches (i.e. 2008/9 v SA). He's still capable of bowling quick deliveries but not so regularly.
You say that but in the post Ashes odi at Lords in 2009he ran through England bowling 95mph yorkers, IIRC.
__________________
WARNING
Reading the above post may cause bouts of nausea.
Ali TT is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:02.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Cricket247.org