Cricket 24/7  

Welcome to the Cricket 24/7.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. There are also more forums available to members, such as the Lounge - where members chat about just about anything under the sun except cricket!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   Cricket 24/7 > Cricket Discussion Forums > The Kim Jones Domestic Cricket Forum
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Casino Articles Terms of Use Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th July 2017, 13:59   #181
paulsre
World Class
 
paulsre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In a class 101 Met Cam time machine to the past
Team(s): Stockholm Taverners CC, County cricket, MCCU cricket, England, Scarborough CC, Swedish cricket
Posts: 5,628
Dickson's got his 300. The first triple in English cricket, I believe, since KP's in 2015.
paulsre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2017, 17:25   #182
Ali TT
Posting God
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 16,315
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulsre View Post
Dickson's got his 300. The first triple in English cricket, I believe, since KP's in 2015.


Although a bit of a collapse from Kent's middle order
__________________
WARNING
Reading the above post may cause bouts of nausea.
Ali TT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2017, 20:46   #183
Summer of '77
World Class
 
Summer of '77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: London-Essex
Team(s): Kent, Essex, Surrey Stars
Posts: 7,298
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulsre View Post
Dickson's got his 300. The first triple in English cricket, I believe, since KP's in 2015.
The second highest individual score ever for Kent, in their second highest ever team total.

In terms of landmarks, my cricket-watching cup hath runneth over this past week.
Summer of '77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2017, 16:34   #184
paulsre
World Class
 
paulsre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In a class 101 Met Cam time machine to the past
Team(s): Stockholm Taverners CC, County cricket, MCCU cricket, England, Scarborough CC, Swedish cricket
Posts: 5,628
Ben Duckett has a new string to his bow as he gets his first wicket, dismissing Sam Northeast. Prior to this match he'd bowled just 2.5 overs in his career.
paulsre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2017, 17:36   #185
WeAreKent
County 1st Team
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 493
Sussex's victory throws Div Two promotion wide open and it is interesting that both Worcs and Northants have better win ratios than the apparent favourites Notts.

Two out of these five for promotion:

Northants 5 wins from 8

Worcs 5 wins from 8

Notts 5 wins from 9

Sussex 4 wins from 8

Kent 4 wins from 9

Kent have the worst win ratio of the top five - but several of the first four named above have to play each other. All Kent's remaining games are against teams that are already out of the promotion race so they could yet pull it off and end a dismal seven year run marooned in Div Two.


Second half of the competition is going to be gripping, I think.
__________________
Humour is not my forte, condescending, banal comments are...
WeAreKent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2017, 13:18   #186
Rigs
International Material
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Nottingham
Team(s): Notts and Forest
Posts: 1,542
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeAreKent View Post
Sussex's victory throws Div Two promotion wide open and it is interesting that both Worcs and Northants have better win ratios than the apparent favourites Notts.

Two out of these five for promotion:

Northants 5 wins from 8

Worcs 5 wins from 8

Notts 5 wins from 9

Sussex 4 wins from 8

Kent 4 wins from 9

Kent have the worst win ratio of the top five - but several of the first four named above have to play each other. All Kent's remaining games are against teams that are already out of the promotion race so they could yet pull it off and end a dismal seven year run marooned in Div Two.


Second half of the competition is going to be gripping, I think.
Pretty flawed stats there on a number of levels. Notts haven't lost a game and probably should have won at least 2 of the games they drew (but hey that's cricket), they are also the leading Batting and Bowling point scorers. Because of this they are 15 points clear of Worcs, 28 clear of Kent and 37 clear of Northants, who have a game in hand. I would suggest this makes them justifiable favourites.

Notts have to play Northants twice, Worcs, Sussex and Derbyshire so not the easiest of run ins but they have made life a lot easier for themselves by getting ahead of the pack in the 1st half of the season. Had Gloucs, Glamorgan not produced flat tracks and the weather stayed away for an hour against Kent we would have been pretty much promoted.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/c...sion-two/table
__________________
This is an ex-Parrot
Rigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2017, 16:21   #187
Summer of '77
World Class
 
Summer of '77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: London-Essex
Team(s): Kent, Essex, Surrey Stars
Posts: 7,298
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigs View Post
Pretty flawed stats there on a number of levels. Notts haven't lost a game and probably should have won at least 2 of the games they drew (but hey that's cricket), they are also the leading Batting and Bowling point scorers. Because of this they are 15 points clear of Worcs, 28 clear of Kent and 37 clear of Northants, who have a game in hand. I would suggest this makes them justifiable favourites.

Notts have to play Northants twice, Worcs, Sussex and Derbyshire so not the easiest of run ins but they have made life a lot easier for themselves by getting ahead of the pack in the 1st half of the season. Had Gloucs, Glamorgan not produced flat tracks and the weather stayed away for an hour against Kent we would have been pretty much promoted.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/c...sion-two/table
I don't think anyone is seriously doubting that Notts will storm back to Div One, almost certainly as champions. WAK has pretty much said so himself in earlier posts.

Mind, Notts may still have to deal with deliberately prepared flat wickets and worse home weather than the South Eastern counties in the coming weeks so they'll know they'll still need to battle hard.
Summer of '77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2017, 17:11   #188
Arachibutyrophobic
International Material
 
Arachibutyrophobic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer of '77 View Post
I don't think anyone is seriously doubting that Notts will storm back to Div One, almost certainly as champions. WAK has pretty much said so himself in earlier posts.

Mind, Notts may still have to deal with deliberately prepared flat wickets and worse home weather than the South Eastern counties in the coming weeks so they'll know they'll still need to battle hard.
I think the stronger sides will fancy their chances a little more against a Notts side without Broad, Pattinson and Ball. Apart from, possibly Derbyshire (who would have beaten us at TB without rain), I would be surprised if we thrashed anyone else this season.
Arachibutyrophobic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2017, 17:59   #189
Rigs
International Material
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Nottingham
Team(s): Notts and Forest
Posts: 1,542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer of '77 View Post
I don't think anyone is seriously doubting that Notts will storm back to Div One, almost certainly as champions. WAK has pretty much said so himself in earlier posts.

Mind, Notts may still have to deal with deliberately prepared flat wickets and worse home weather than the South Eastern counties in the coming weeks so they'll know they'll still need to battle hard.
I try and not be too biased but had to set the record straight on that one particular post.

Notts have 5 games left and most/all of them have meaning. As Arachibutyrophobic says though, Notts will also be without Broad, Pattinson Ball for differing reasons although Ball may play having just come back from injury. Fletcher is also out for the season but Notts have signed Footit. So it will be up to him and the likes of Gurney, Wood, Hutton to step up and show they are good enough.

I think it will be good run in for Div2. I just think that as long Notts don't implode (this is Notts though!) I think they will squeeze home by 10 or so points. Notts to take it to the last game....typically!
__________________
This is an ex-Parrot
Rigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2017, 19:02   #190
Summer of '77
World Class
 
Summer of '77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: London-Essex
Team(s): Kent, Essex, Surrey Stars
Posts: 7,298
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigs View Post
I try and not be too biased but had to set the record straight on that one particular post.

Notts have 5 games left and most/all of them have meaning. As Arachibutyrophobic says though, Notts will also be without Broad, Pattinson Ball for differing reasons although Ball may play having just come back from injury. Fletcher is also out for the season but Notts have signed Footit. So it will be up to him and the likes of Gurney, Wood, Hutton to step up and show they are good enough.

I think it will be good run in for Div2. I just think that as long Notts don't implode (this is Notts though!) I think they will squeeze home by 10 or so points. Notts to take it to the last game....typically!
Aye, you can never be sure, although history shows that the side in pole position in Div Two at the mid-season break tends to be the side that either wins the thing or gets promoted as runners up. Notts are in excess of a max points win ahead of Kent in 3rd place. Northants are theoretically better placed with their game in hand but if Notts keep piling on the batting points and not losing, it's going to take some effort to catch them. The odd points system that can see 21 awarded for some wins and 13 for a max point draw can make playing catch up a difficult task. And Northants have so far managed just 17 batting points from 8 games, which includes the road at Beckenham. I can see Notts being promoted with a game to go and perhaps needing a Trump handful of points in the final match to take the title.
Summer of '77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2017, 09:06   #191
Supersax
County 2nd Team
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Derbyshire
Team(s): Nottinghamshire
Posts: 296
I think a lot may depend on who Notts get as their overseas player for the last 4 games (Dan Christian is likely to fill in for the Derbyshire game). Notts are still hoping that Pattinson may return.
Supersax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2017, 19:31   #192
Ricky_Rabbit
International Cricketer
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Hertfordshire (West Bridgford born)
Team(s): Notts CCC, Forest and England at anything
Posts: 2,897
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersax View Post
I think a lot may depend on who Notts get as their overseas player for the last 4 games (Dan Christian is likely to fill in for the Derbyshire game). Notts are still hoping that Pattinson may return.
Well I would say that Footitt will give Notts attack an extra dimension on flat wickets and if Patto comes back, that would be the icing on the cake. We don't know what will become of Jake Ball of course, he might end up playing a game or two.

Although its sad for Lumb to retire when he did, I think it will have a positive effect on our CC batting.
__________________
The future of Notts cricket - Carter, Hutton, Wood, Libby, Ball.
Ricky_Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2017, 16:48   #193
Supersax
County 2nd Team
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Derbyshire
Team(s): Nottinghamshire
Posts: 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersax View Post
I think a lot may depend on who Notts get as their overseas player for the last 4 games (Dan Christian is likely to fill in for the Derbyshire game). Notts are still hoping that Pattinson may return.
It looks like Pattinson is not going to be returning to Notts. Moores says that Ish Sodhi is now in contention to play in the next Championship game at Derby
Supersax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2017, 18:11   #194
Fred
County 1st Team
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 401
Sussex's win over Worcestershire today makes the promotion race more interesting.
Fred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2017, 19:39   #195
Ricky_Rabbit
International Cricketer
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Hertfordshire (West Bridgford born)
Team(s): Notts CCC, Forest and England at anything
Posts: 2,897
Notts win with maximum points despite losing four sessions to weather. Oh, and with a home grown bowling attack!

For my money, the others are playing for second place now.
__________________
The future of Notts cricket - Carter, Hutton, Wood, Libby, Ball.
Ricky_Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2017, 20:49   #196
B@sil
County 2nd Team
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Worcester
Team(s): Worcestershire
Posts: 213
Worcestershire are in need of a new overseas player for the rest of the season as John Hastings has gone back to Oz with a foot injury. I would pick Santner as he is already here for the T20 and I think we can cover Hastings' loss as a bowler.
B@sil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2017, 09:07   #197
Rigs
International Material
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Nottingham
Team(s): Notts and Forest
Posts: 1,542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_Rabbit View Post
Notts win with maximum points despite losing four sessions to weather. Oh, and with a home grown bowling attack!

For my money, the others are playing for second place now.
Great win made all the better with a number of draws and Worcs losing. I think it will be us and Sussex to go up as they seem to have momentum.

Didn't click about the home grown attack, but yes great stuff and without Fletch as well!
__________________
This is an ex-Parrot
Rigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2017, 09:30   #198
Summer of '77
World Class
 
Summer of '77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: London-Essex
Team(s): Kent, Essex, Surrey Stars
Posts: 7,298
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_Rabbit View Post
Notts win with maximum points despite losing four sessions to weather. Oh, and with a home grown bowling attack!

For my money, the others are playing for second place now.
I think the money of most Div 2 fans has been on Notts for a fair while now, Ricky. In theory, they have a difficult run in but I suspect those games will be more difficult for their opponents.
Summer of '77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2017, 17:51   #199
Ricky_Rabbit
International Cricketer
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Hertfordshire (West Bridgford born)
Team(s): Notts CCC, Forest and England at anything
Posts: 2,897
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer of '77 View Post
I think the money of most Div 2 fans has been on Notts for a fair while now, Ricky. In theory, they have a difficult run in but I suspect those games will be more difficult for their opponents.
It's tricky, but can see us winning 2 out of 4.
__________________
The future of Notts cricket - Carter, Hutton, Wood, Libby, Ball.
Ricky_Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 20:46.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Cricket247.org