Cricket 24/7  

Welcome to the Cricket 24/7.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. There are also more forums available to members, such as the Lounge - where members chat about just about anything under the sun except cricket!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   Cricket 24/7 > Cricket Discussion Forums > The Kim Jones Domestic Cricket Forum
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Casino Articles Terms of Use Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th January 2016, 01:27   #41
stevieh
World Class
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Team(s): England, Kent, Canada
Posts: 6,669
A ten grand fine is just a slap on the wrist compared with the amount he earned for the latest match. The publicity gained by the BBL from this incident couldn't be bought for ten times that amount. Few outside of Australia would ever have heard of journalist Mel McLaughlin before this incident hit the headlines. Just saying.
stevieh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2016, 11:44   #42
Sir Virgs and Zamora
Posting God
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 18,411
Kp proved he is a team man today. Mix up with wright And he sacrificed himself rather than deprive the stars of their main man.
Sir Virgs and Zamora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2016, 16:47   #43
Michelle Fivefer
Posting Goddess
 
Michelle Fivefer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: North West England
Team(s): England, Lancashire
Posts: 41,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Virgs and Zamora View Post
Kp proved he is a team man today. Mix up with wright And he sacrificed himself rather than deprive the stars of their main man.
Ha ha. Just watching the re-showing of this morning's game, missed the start. Just heard commentators saying that in the mix up between Wright and KP, KP expected Wright to give way to the "big man" and KP had to go. Have to say KP doesn't look too happy in the dugout.
__________________
As balanced and focused as the next man
Michelle Fivefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2016, 17:45   #44
1000yardstare
Posting Goddess
 
1000yardstare's Avatar
JA 793 Wagner 118 TCurran 7 SCurran 0 Cummins 101
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: London
Posts: 20,193
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevieh View Post
A ten grand fine is just a slap on the wrist compared with the amount he earned for the latest match. The publicity gained by the BBL from this incident couldn't be bought for ten times that amount. Few outside of Australia would ever have heard of journalist Mel McLaughlin before this incident hit the headlines. Just saying.
http://www.espncricinfo.com/big-bash...ry/958683.html
1000yardstare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2016, 20:22   #45
Rey
Administrator
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Castleford
Team(s): Yorkshire
Posts: 14,309
Worth listening to this discussion from ABC radio about the Gayle incident. Should demonstrate well enough why people are so upset.
__________________
"He has sat on the fence so long that the iron has entered his soul."
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2016, 21:16   #46
Sir Virgs and Zamora
Posting God
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 18,411
He strikes me as a cricketer behaving like a 70s footballer in 2016.
Sir Virgs and Zamora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2016, 21:28   #47
Aidan11
Harmisonesque
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Somewhere cold and wet
Posts: 39,406
And the way people are speaking about that female presenter you'd think she was Richie Benaud.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northantsfanone View Post
Speaking to Geoff Cook today they may released Mark Wood from Durham. He rates him but the kid has had an operation and maybe one too many bowlers on the books type deal.
Aidan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2016, 21:41   #48
Ali TT
Posting God
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 16,631
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aidan11 View Post
And the way people are speaking about that female presenter you'd think she was Richie Benaud.
Completely irrelevant comment
__________________
WARNING
Reading the above post may cause bouts of nausea.
Ali TT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2016, 22:51   #49
Aidan11
Harmisonesque
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Somewhere cold and wet
Posts: 39,406
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali TT View Post
Completely irrelevant comment
So is the whole saga.

Move along everyone nothing to see here.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northantsfanone View Post
Speaking to Geoff Cook today they may released Mark Wood from Durham. He rates him but the kid has had an operation and maybe one too many bowlers on the books type deal.
Aidan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2016, 23:22   #50
slop
Posting God
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Cambridge
Team(s): South Africa
Age: 41
Posts: 18,805
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aidan11 View Post
So is the whole saga.

Move along everyone nothing to see here.
Then why keep commenting on it? There is something to see here, even if you want it to be nothing.
slop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2016, 07:27   #51
Aidan11
Harmisonesque
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Somewhere cold and wet
Posts: 39,406
Quote:
Originally Posted by slop View Post
Then why keep commenting on it? There is something to see here, even if you want it to be nothing.
Because people keep replying to my posts so i feel I should do the courtesy of a reply as Iam doing here.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northantsfanone View Post
Speaking to Geoff Cook today they may released Mark Wood from Durham. He rates him but the kid has had an operation and maybe one too many bowlers on the books type deal.
Aidan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2016, 08:35   #52
slop
Posting God
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Cambridge
Team(s): South Africa
Age: 41
Posts: 18,805
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aidan11 View Post
Because people keep replying to my posts so i feel I should do the courtesy of a reply as Iam doing here.
That's nice. Explains some of your comments. The rest are because there's something to see here.
slop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2016, 09:32   #53
slop
Posting God
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Cambridge
Team(s): South Africa
Age: 41
Posts: 18,805
Geez, what a sensitive wuss Gayle is. Such an overreaction to a comment. It's not like they raped him. He should just get over it. It's a bit of fun. http://www.theguardian.com/sport/201...xposed-himself
slop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2016, 07:00   #54
Boxing Roo
County 1st Team
 
Boxing Roo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Sydney, Australia
Team(s): Aussies, NSW
Posts: 420
Mels probably been laying back playing her banjo dreaming of Gayles 12'' jamaican willow ever since, she's loved every second of it.

This country is going to the dogs, im so fekking sick of the PC, greens and Feminist gangs destroying this country, being 'progressive' is very fekking overrated imo.

This place has been going backwards since the late 80s.

A whole bunch of PC, tree hugging feminists will be running the place soon and out of the goodness of their hearts let Australia turn into sunny down town Syria in the blink of an eye, its already happening.

Australia is officially fekked lads.

Last edited by Boxing Roo : 9th January 2016 at 11:02.
Boxing Roo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2016, 08:38   #55
slop
Posting God
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Cambridge
Team(s): South Africa
Age: 41
Posts: 18,805
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxing Roo View Post
This place has been going backwards since the late 80s.
Then you're in luck. It'll soon catch up with you in the 50s.
slop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2016, 08:56   #56
Ali TT
Posting God
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 16,631
Quote:
Originally Posted by slop View Post
Then you're in luck. It'll soon catch up with you in the 50s.
1850s?
__________________
WARNING
Reading the above post may cause bouts of nausea.
Ali TT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2016, 09:33   #57
slop
Posting God
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Cambridge
Team(s): South Africa
Age: 41
Posts: 18,805
Good Times
slop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2016, 10:00   #58
slop
Posting God
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Cambridge
Team(s): South Africa
Age: 41
Posts: 18,805
"Bravo stepped out of his crease and hit the ball towards the non-striker, Nevill, who was standing a long way out of his crease with his bat hanging out to his left. The ball crashed into the bat and ricocheted into the face of Zampa, who was reacting to try and field it. The ball then ricocheted off Zampa's face and hit the stumps, with Nevill well short. What a bizarre dismissal. Nevill checks on Zampa, who is bleeding from the nose, before walking off."
slop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2016, 11:04   #59
Boxing Roo
County 1st Team
 
Boxing Roo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Sydney, Australia
Team(s): Aussies, NSW
Posts: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by slop View Post
Then you're in luck. It'll soon catch up with you in the 50s.
Have you got a time machine your not telling us about?
Boxing Roo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2016, 11:05   #60
Boxing Roo
County 1st Team
 
Boxing Roo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Sydney, Australia
Team(s): Aussies, NSW
Posts: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by slop View Post
"Bravo stepped out of his crease and hit the ball towards the non-striker, Nevill, who was standing a long way out of his crease with his bat hanging out to his left. The ball crashed into the bat and ricocheted into the face of Zampa, who was reacting to try and field it. The ball then ricocheted off Zampa's face and hit the stumps, with Nevill well short. What a bizarre dismissal. Nevill checks on Zampa, who is bleeding from the nose, before walking off."
The strangest dismissal ive ever seen, if i watched cricket for 100 years id never see that happen again, and great watching on stump cam.
The batsman showed plenty of class too.
Boxing Roo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:37.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Cricket247.org