Cricket 24/7  

Welcome to the Cricket 24/7.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. There are also more forums available to members, such as the Lounge - where members chat about just about anything under the sun except cricket!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   Cricket 24/7 > Cricket Discussion Forums > The Kim Jones Domestic Cricket Forum
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Casino Articles Terms of Use Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd April 2017, 13:02   #141
Minor Maggie
Buttleresque
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Leeds
Team(s): Lancashire, England
Posts: 26,668
Livingstone scores another century this time with a six.
Minor Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2017, 13:15   #142
Prince of Denmark
International Material
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Sydenham Hill
Team(s): Surrey CCC, Dulwich Hamlet FC, England
Age: 51
Posts: 1,787
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDogg16 View Post
Is there any reason why the Hampshire vs Yorkshire and Warwickshire vs Surrey fixtures have been played again so quickly?
No idea. And after visiting Lord's for their next match Surrey have consecutive CC fixtures against Essex. So we'll only have played four different sides in our first six games.
Prince of Denmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2017, 13:22   #143
Aidan11
Harmisonesque
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Somewhere cold and wet
Posts: 39,403
Probably a quirk of these daft uneven fixtures in the competition during the season.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northantsfanone View Post
Speaking to Geoff Cook today they may released Mark Wood from Durham. He rates him but the kid has had an operation and maybe one too many bowlers on the books type deal.
Aidan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2017, 14:40   #144
Bestie
International Material
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Exeter
Posts: 1,174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Denmark View Post
No idea. And after visiting Lord's for their next match Surrey have consecutive CC fixtures against Essex. So we'll only have played four different sides in our first six games.
On the radio they were speculating that it might be to do with Champions Trophy games - fixtures involving teams whose home grounds will both be used will need to avoid that window and presumably there are a limited number of ways that can be worked out.
Bestie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2017, 15:20   #145
JRC67
International Material
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 1,425
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minor Maggie View Post
Livingstone scores another century this time with a six.
I suspect he is going to get a shot in all formats this summer. My initial thought was he stood a chance of playing at Trent Bridge where a specialist spinner is generally surplus to requirements. If he maintains form maybe they will try and get him in at Lord's.
JRC67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2017, 16:06   #146
Bestie
International Material
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Exeter
Posts: 1,174
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRC67 View Post
I suspect he is going to get a shot in all formats this summer. My initial thought was he stood a chance of playing at Trent Bridge where a specialist spinner is generally surplus to requirements. If he maintains form maybe they will try and get him in at Lord's.
Currently 168*, first time he's reached 150. The nature of this knock and in the first innings, patient and cautious initially before becoming more attacking, certainly hints he's ready to shed his "hitter" tag. If Rashid isn't fancied by the selectors they might well revert to Ali at 8 with Livingstone at 5, I suspect.
Bestie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2017, 16:18   #147
sanskritsimon
Legendary
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Team(s): Arkholme Bees, Hackney Grasshoppers, Holy Cross Academicals
Posts: 9,907
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRC67 View Post
I suspect he is going to get a shot in all formats this summer. My initial thought was he stood a chance of playing at Trent Bridge where a specialist spinner is generally surplus to requirements. If he maintains form maybe they will try and get him in at Lord's.
In recent years a specialist spinner has been deemed surplus to requirements for all home tests wherever they're played and whatever the conditions, so I don't suppose the policy will be adjusted depending on the venue. In the last but one Trent Bridge test, Ali bowled more second-innings overs than any other bowler.
sanskritsimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2017, 16:46   #148
Fred
County 1st Team
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 450
Livi has hardly taken a first class wicket. For Lancs excluding his 2-8 against the students at Fenners he has 1 wicket at a cost of 288 runs off 94 overs.
Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2017, 16:47   #149
Bestie
International Material
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Exeter
Posts: 1,174
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanskritsimon View Post
In recent years a specialist spinner has been deemed surplus to requirements for all home tests wherever they're played and whatever the conditions, so I don't suppose the policy will be adjusted depending on the venue. In the last but one Trent Bridge test, Ali bowled more second-innings overs than any other bowler.
I think the difference is that firstly Moeen has established himself as an excellent test batsman now, so will be in the side whatever but looks like the best option we have for 5 (or perhaps Bairstow would be, but he does have keeping duties too, of course) and secondly that Rashid, for the first time in his career, put together consecutive good test performances over the winter so may well be viewed as a viable option. Indeed, his elevation in Cook's eyes to the premier spinner was something of a watershed moment as he's never received that kind of trust before.
Bestie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2017, 16:48   #150
Bestie
International Material
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Exeter
Posts: 1,174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred View Post
Livi has hardly taken a first class wicket. For Lancs excluding his 2-8 against the students at Fenners he has 1 wicket at a cost of 288 runs off 94 overs.
I think most people (certainly me) are suggesting him on the basis of his batting. His bowling is nowhere near yet, although he actually did pretty well for the Lions which would suggest the England set-up have worked with him on it.
Bestie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2017, 18:04   #151
JRC67
International Material
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 1,425
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bestie View Post
I think most people (certainly me) are suggesting him on the basis of his batting. His bowling is nowhere near yet, although he actually did pretty well for the Lions which would suggest the England set-up have worked with him on it.
While he claims to be an all rounder his stats at the moment are of a very promising batsman and very much a part time bowlers. He seems a little better as an odi/T20 bowler.
JRC67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2017, 09:23   #152
Sir Virgs and Zamora
Posting God
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 18,410
Rain about. Surely only one winner at lancs and it ain't us. Sounded a fantastic innings by livingstone.
Sir Virgs and Zamora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2017, 09:29   #153
D/L
World Class
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Leeds
Team(s): Yorkshire CCC & England, Wakefield Trinity RLFC, Leeds Carnegie RUFC
Posts: 6,524
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bestie View Post
I think the difference is that firstly Moeen has established himself as an excellent test batsman now...
Really? When will we see fewer rash shots and more regard for the match situation then?
D/L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2017, 11:03   #154
Bestie
International Material
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Exeter
Posts: 1,174
Quote:
Originally Posted by D/L View Post
Really? When will we see fewer rash shots and more regard for the match situation then?
Joe Root isn't great for either of those, too, but is still our best bat. Moeen's record last year holds up against any batsman we have with more centuries and a very good average.
Bestie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2017, 11:55   #155
Bestie
International Material
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Exeter
Posts: 1,174
Scott Borthwick doing his best to help Ian Bell get his hundred with some truly disgusting bowling.
Bestie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2017, 11:55   #156
Bestie
International Material
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Exeter
Posts: 1,174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bestie View Post
Scott Borthwick doing his best to help Ian Bell get his hundred with some truly disgusting bowling.
Literally as I write, Bell goes off Batty (who's had him in all sorts of trouble) for 99!
Bestie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2017, 12:26   #157
sanskritsimon
Legendary
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Team(s): Arkholme Bees, Hackney Grasshoppers, Holy Cross Academicals
Posts: 9,907
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bestie View Post
Literally as I write, Bell goes off Batty (who's had him in all sorts of trouble) for 99!
I guess that counts as another pretty little fifty then. Poor Ian.
sanskritsimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2017, 14:11   #158
square leg umpire
World Class
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: yorkshire
Team(s): yorkshire
Posts: 7,780
Funny how useless Yorkshire's returning galacticos have been, Root and Bairstow hardly a run between them. Strauss should have rested them longer.
square leg umpire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2017, 14:30   #159
Chin Music
Administrator
 
Chin Music's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: la sala de opinion equivocada
Team(s): ****
Posts: 23,761
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanskritsimon View Post
I guess that counts as another pretty little fifty then. Poor Ian.
Only two more unconverted 50s away now from reaching the magic 100. I wonder how long he will leave us in the lurch?
__________________
Quote:
"One of the greatest problems of our time is that many are schooled but few are educated" - Thomas More
Chin Music is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2017, 14:45   #160
CDogg16
Established International
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 4,000
Ballance has notched up another ton. 245 runs and counting so far in the match so far compared to Root and Bairstow's total of 18.
CDogg16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:55.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Cricket247.org