Cricket 24/7  

Welcome to the Cricket 24/7.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. There are also more forums available to members, such as the Lounge - where members chat about just about anything under the sun except cricket!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   Cricket 24/7 > Cricket Discussion Forums > International Cricket
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Casino Articles Terms of Use Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th January 2016, 11:10   #2181
Michelle Fivefer
Posting Goddess
 
Michelle Fivefer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: North West England
Team(s): England, Lancashire
Posts: 41,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chin Music View Post
The game concerned lost a lot of credibility in the wake of the spot-fixing and the likelihood that the convictions and banning as a consequence of that game were a mere tip of the iceberg.
Oh of course. Should have thought of that.
__________________
As balanced and focused as the next man
Michelle Fivefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2016, 22:15   #2182
luckyluke
Established International
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,057
Given that England have lost a few away series to Pakistan thanks to first a chucker and then a drugs cheat I doubt Broad and Trott will lose much sleep over it.
__________________
Most heartless decision:

In a women's league match in Denmark, a heavily pregnant woman arrived at the crease, and asked for a runner. Her request was denied, on the grounds that her incapacity had not occured during the course of the match.
luckyluke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2016, 22:42   #2183
Ali TT
Posting God
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 16,650
Let's not forget 2005 when we lost the first test after a bowler with one of the most obviously "bent" actions seen took 5 wickets in the game.
__________________
WARNING
Reading the above post may cause bouts of nausea.
Ali TT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2016, 00:15   #2184
slop
Posting God
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Cambridge
Team(s): South Africa
Age: 41
Posts: 18,805
#notbitter
slop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2016, 00:41   #2185
Ali TT
Posting God
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 16,650
More of a pale ale man to be honest
__________________
WARNING
Reading the above post may cause bouts of nausea.
Ali TT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2016, 16:07   #2186
1000yardstare
Posting Goddess
 
1000yardstare's Avatar
JA 793 Wagner 118 TCurran 7 SCurran 0 Cummins 101
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: London
Posts: 20,195
OptaJim 95 - 95% of @jamestaylor20's Test runs since Jan 2015 have come from good contact shots; best rate of anyone to face 200+ balls.
1000yardstare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2016, 19:08   #2187
Psyduck
Posting God
 
Psyduck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Manchester
Team(s): England, Lancashire, Man Utd
Posts: 15,539
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1000yardstare View Post
OptaJim 95 - 95% of @jamestaylor20's Test runs since Jan 2015 have come from good contact shots; best rate of anyone to face 200+ balls.
What the hell is a good contact shot?
Psyduck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2016, 19:50   #2188
sanskritsimon
Legendary
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Team(s): Arkholme Bees, Hackney Grasshoppers, Holy Cross Academicals
Posts: 9,915
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyduck View Post
What the hell is a good contact shot?
I know someone who knows
sanskritsimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2016, 14:56   #2189
1000yardstare
Posting Goddess
 
1000yardstare's Avatar
JA 793 Wagner 118 TCurran 7 SCurran 0 Cummins 101
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: London
Posts: 20,195
Jan 2010 - Dec 2015. How have the batsman done?

Cook has played the most Tests - 73

6133 - Cook - 49.86
4851 - Sangakkara - 61.40
4717 - Clarke - 48.62
4436 - Bell - 44.80
4345 - Warner - 49.94
4320 - Amla - 59.17
4244 - de Villiers - 60.62
3895 - Williamson - 49.93
3856 - Khan - 60.25
3799 - McCullum - 44.17

Best averages 30+ Tests

61.40 - Sangakkara (46 Tests)
60.62 - de Villiers (49)
60.33 - Chanderpaul (41)
60.25 - Khan (41)
59.17 - Amla (50)
58.54 - Kallis (33)
57.90 - Smith (38)
55.00 - Misbah (43)
54.68 - Root (36)
51.94 - Mathews (49)

Most hundreds
Cook (18), Sangakkara (17), Amla/Clarke (16)
1000yardstare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2016, 20:00   #2190
Chin Music
Administrator
 
Chin Music's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: la sala de opinion equivocada
Team(s): ****
Posts: 23,766
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1000yardstare View Post
Leading run scorers/wicket takers in a series
(from 2000)

Tests
12 - Anderson
10 - Broad
9 - Pietersen
7 - Cook
5 - Trescothick, Root
3 - Panesar, Trott
2 - Prior, Bell
1 - Bopara, Finn, Stokes

ODIs
17 - Anderson
10 - Trescothick
9 - Broad
8 - Bell
6 - Collingwood, Trott
5 - Finn, Morgan
4 - Pietersen, Shah, Cook, Woakes
3 - Plunkett, Bresnan, Root, Stokes, Buttler
2 - Tredwell
1 - Ali, Lewis, Mahmood, Shahzad, Dernbach, Bopara, Rankin, Jordan, Rashid
Although it is obvious in some cases that certain players are highest run scorers or wicket takers can you clarify in the case of ODIs if for instance Stokes has been highest run scorer or wicket taker or whether Ali's incusion is for bat and ball. I suppose I could ask the same about Ravi too!
Chin Music is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2016, 01:16   #2191
1000yardstare
Posting Goddess
 
1000yardstare's Avatar
JA 793 Wagner 118 TCurran 7 SCurran 0 Cummins 101
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: London
Posts: 20,195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chin Music View Post
Although it is obvious in some cases that certain players are highest run scorers or wicket takers can you clarify in the case of ODIs if for instance Stokes has been highest run scorer or wicket taker or whether Ali's incusion is for bat and ball. I suppose I could ask the same about Ravi too!
3 Stokes
Leading wicket taker Eng v NZ 2015
Leading wicket taker Aus v Eng 2013/2014
1 Bopara
Leading run scorer Eng v Aus 2012

I spent ages looking for Ali and then saw he came before Lewis on the list so Kabir Ali not Moeen.
1000yardstare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2016, 19:03   #2192
CDogg16
Established International
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 4,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1000yardstare View Post
Mahmood, Shahzad, Dernbach, Rankin, Jordan
A bowling line up which no batsman in their right mind would want to face.
CDogg16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2016, 22:45   #2193
Fatslogger
Self Confessed Mentalist
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Hitchin
Team(s): England and Liverpool
Age: 41
Posts: 43,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDogg16 View Post
A bowling line up which no batsman in their right mind would want to face.
Nice spot. You could actually pick any five consecutive players in that section as long as you didn't go as far as Hales, as the sarcasm falls down a bit with a largely non bowler.
__________________
Work is the curse of the drinking classes - Wilde
Fatslogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2016, 02:56   #2194
1000yardstare
Posting Goddess
 
1000yardstare's Avatar
JA 793 Wagner 118 TCurran 7 SCurran 0 Cummins 101
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: London
Posts: 20,195
ODI Highest partnership by wicket

1 200 - Trescothick/Solanki - SA Oval Jun 03 Win
2 250 - Strauss/Trott - Ban Birmingham Jul 10 Win
3 213 - Hick/Fairbrother - WI Lords May 91 Win
4 226 - Strauss/Flintoff - WI Lords Jul 04 Loss
5 226* - Morgan/Bopara - Ire Malahide Sep 13 Win
6 150 - Vaughan/GJones - Zim Bulawayo Dec 04 Win
7 177 - Buttler/Rashid - NZ Birmingham Jun 15 Win
8 99* - Bopara/Broad - Ind Manchester Aug 07 Win
9 100 - Plunkett/Solanki - Pak Lahore Dec 05 Loss
10 53 - Anderson/Finn - Aus Brisbane Jan 11 Loss

Was wondering why Solanki was batting at 10 and I remembered super sub rule.
1000yardstare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2016, 12:38   #2195
1000yardstare
Posting Goddess
 
1000yardstare's Avatar
JA 793 Wagner 118 TCurran 7 SCurran 0 Cummins 101
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: London
Posts: 20,195
Cricinfo

54 Balls required by Brendon McCullum to complete his century - the least in Test history. He went past the previous record of 56, by Viv Richards against England in St John's in 1985-86 and by Misbah-ul-Haq against Australia in Abu Dhabi in 2014-15.

183.54 McCullum's strike rate in his 79-ball 145 - the second highest in innings of 100 or more runs. Only Richards' strike rate of 189.75 in his 58-ball 110 not out is higher. This is only the fourth instance of a batsman having a strike rate of 150 or more in an innings of 100 or more runs (where balls faced have been recorded).

106 Sixes for McCullum in Tests, the most by any batsman. When he started this innings he was on 100, the joint highest with Adam Gilchrist.

5.63 New Zealand's run rate in their total of 370 - the second highest by any team in a total of 350 or more. Only England's 447 for 3 against Bangladesh in Chester-le-Street in 2005 was marginally better, at 5.73. New Zealand had a run rate of 5.13 in the first innings of their previous Test at Hagley Oval, when they made 441 against Sri Lanka after being asked to bat.

2 Number of New Zealand batsmen who have scored a century in their career's final Test match, including McCullum. Before him, Rodney Redmond had made 107 in his only Test match, against Pakistan in Auckland in 1972-73. The last batsman to score a century in his final Test match was Jacques Kallis, who made 115 against India in Durban in 2013-14.

9.76 Run rate in the 179-run stand between McCullum and Corey Anderson for the fifth wicket - highest in a partnership of 150 or more runs (where balls faced is known). It is also the highest run rate in any century stand against Australia.

427 Total runs scored on the first day, which is the third-highest aggregate on the first day of a Test in New Zealand and sixth highest on any day. The highest is 442, in Wellington in 1931-32 between the hosts and South Africa.

159.62 McCullum's strike rate in the two innings he has played at the Hagley Oval in Christchurch. Before this 145 off 79 balls, he had made 195 in 134 balls against Sri Lanka in December 2014. His strike rate is the highest for a batsman at a particular venue facing 200 or more balls. He had hit 11 sixes and 18 fours in that innings, and six sixes and 21 fours in this innings. His tally of 17 sixes is the most for him at any venue in Tests and fifth-highest for a batsman at a particular venue.

69.18 Percentage of runs which came in boundaries for New Zealand - 256 out of 370. They hit 46 fours and 12 sixes. The percentage is the third highest in a total of 350 or more in Tests. The top two have been both for Pakistan: 69.75% against New Zealand in Hamilton in 2010-11, and 69.67% against Bangladesh in Chittagong in 2001-02.

3 New Zealand batsmen who have scored more centuries than McCullum's 12. Martin Crowe made 17, and Ross Taylor and Kane Williamson 13 each. This was McCullum's sixth century as captain.

199 Runs added by New Zealand in the second session, losing three wickets, in 24 overs at a run rate of 8.29. In the first session, they had scored just 74 for 3 in 26 overs at 2.84 an over.

5 Instances of New Zealand's No.5, 6 and 7 all making 50 or more in an innings. McCullum made 145, Anderson 72 and BJ Watling 58. The last such instance for them was in 2008-09 against India in Napier. All five such instances have been in New Zealand. Watling also completed 2000 runs in his Test career in his knock of 58.
1000yardstare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2016, 16:45   #2196
geoff_boycotts_grandmother
Posting God
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 27,079
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1000yardstare View Post
199 Runs added by New Zealand in the second session, losing three wickets, in 24 overs at a run rate of 8.29. In the first session, they had scored just 74 for 3 in 26 overs at 2.84 an over.
Hmm. That's quite good. Stokes and Bairstow added 196 runs in the morning session at Newlands in 25 overs, before they hit the accelerator after lunch.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle Fivefer
It was a poor innings by Bell with the bat.
geoff_boycotts_grandmother is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2016, 15:26   #2197
1000yardstare
Posting Goddess
 
1000yardstare's Avatar
JA 793 Wagner 118 TCurran 7 SCurran 0 Cummins 101
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: London
Posts: 20,195
Highest partnership by wicket

Tests
1 415 McKenzie/Smith SA v Ban Chittagong Feb 08
2 576 Jayasuriya/Mahanama SL v India Colombo Aug 97
3 624 Sangakkara/Jayawardene SL v SA Colombo Jul 06
4 449 Voges/Marsh Aus WI Hobart Dec 15
5 405 Barnes/Bradman Aus v Eng Sydney Dec 1946
6 399 Stokes/Bairstow Eng v SA Cape Town Jan 16

7 347 Atkinson/Depeiaza WI v Aus Bridgetown May 1955
8 332 Trott/Broad Eng v Pak Lords Aug 10
9 195 Boucher/Symcox SA v Pak Johannesburg Feb 1998
10 198 Root/Anderson Eng v India Nottingham July 14


ODIs
1 286 Tharanga/Jayasuriya SL v Eng Leeds Jul 06
2 372 Gayle/Samuels WI v Zim Canberra Feb 15
3 258 Bravo/Ramdin WI v Ban Basseterre Aug 14
4 275* Azharuddin/Jadeja Ind v Zim Cuttack Apr 1998
5 256* Miller/Duminy SA v Zim Hamilton Feb 15
6 267* Elliott/Ronchi NZ v SL Dunedin Jan 15
7 177 Buttler/Rashid Eng v NZ Birmingham Jun 15
8 138* Kemp/Hall SA v Ind Cape Town Nov 06
9 132 Mathews/Malinga SL v Aus Melbourne Nov 10
10 106* Richards/Holding WI v Eng Manchester May 1984

20/20s
1 171* Guptill/Williamson NZ v Pak Hamilton Jan 16
2 166 Jayawardene/Sangakkara SL v WI Bridgetown May 10
3 152 Hales/Morgan Eng v SL Chittagong Mar 14
4 112* Pietersen/Morgan Eng v Pak Dubai Feb 10

5 119* Malik/Misbah Pak v Aus Johannesburg Sep 07
6 101* White/Hussey Aus v SL Bridgetown May 10
7 91 Collingwood/Yardy Eng v WI Oval Jun 07

8 80 Mommsen/Sharif Scot v Neth Edinburgh Jul 15
9 63 Tanvir/Ajmal Pak v SL Dubai Dec 13
10 31* Riaz/Akhtar Pak v NZ Auckland Dec 10
1000yardstare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2016, 17:41   #2198
Notts Exile
International Cricketer
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Berkshire
Team(s): Notts and Forest
Posts: 2,033
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1000yardstare View Post
Cricinfo

54 Balls required by Brendon McCullum to complete his century - the least in Test history. He went past the previous record of 56, by Viv Richards against England in St John's in 1985-86 and by Misbah-ul-Haq against Australia in Abu Dhabi in 2014-15.

183.54 McCullum's strike rate in his 79-ball 145 - the second highest in innings of 100 or more runs. Only Richards' strike rate of 189.75 in his 58-ball 110 not out is higher. This is only the fourth instance of a batsman having a strike rate of 150 or more in an innings of 100 or more runs (where balls faced have been recorded).

106 Sixes for McCullum in Tests, the most by any batsman. When he started this innings he was on 100, the joint highest with Adam Gilchrist.

5.63 New Zealand's run rate in their total of 370 - the second highest by any team in a total of 350 or more. Only England's 447 for 3 against Bangladesh in Chester-le-Street in 2005 was marginally better, at 5.73. New Zealand had a run rate of 5.13 in the first innings of their previous Test at Hagley Oval, when they made 441 against Sri Lanka after being asked to bat.

2 Number of New Zealand batsmen who have scored a century in their career's final Test match, including McCullum. Before him, Rodney Redmond had made 107 in his only Test match, against Pakistan in Auckland in 1972-73. The last batsman to score a century in his final Test match was Jacques Kallis, who made 115 against India in Durban in 2013-14.

9.76 Run rate in the 179-run stand between McCullum and Corey Anderson for the fifth wicket - highest in a partnership of 150 or more runs (where balls faced is known). It is also the highest run rate in any century stand against Australia.

427 Total runs scored on the first day, which is the third-highest aggregate on the first day of a Test in New Zealand and sixth highest on any day. The highest is 442, in Wellington in 1931-32 between the hosts and South Africa.

159.62 McCullum's strike rate in the two innings he has played at the Hagley Oval in Christchurch. Before this 145 off 79 balls, he had made 195 in 134 balls against Sri Lanka in December 2014. His strike rate is the highest for a batsman at a particular venue facing 200 or more balls. He had hit 11 sixes and 18 fours in that innings, and six sixes and 21 fours in this innings. His tally of 17 sixes is the most for him at any venue in Tests and fifth-highest for a batsman at a particular venue.

69.18 Percentage of runs which came in boundaries for New Zealand - 256 out of 370. They hit 46 fours and 12 sixes. The percentage is the third highest in a total of 350 or more in Tests. The top two have been both for Pakistan: 69.75% against New Zealand in Hamilton in 2010-11, and 69.67% against Bangladesh in Chittagong in 2001-02.

3 New Zealand batsmen who have scored more centuries than McCullum's 12. Martin Crowe made 17, and Ross Taylor and Kane Williamson 13 each. This was McCullum's sixth century as captain.

199 Runs added by New Zealand in the second session, losing three wickets, in 24 overs at a run rate of 8.29. In the first session, they had scored just 74 for 3 in 26 overs at 2.84 an over.

5 Instances of New Zealand's No.5, 6 and 7 all making 50 or more in an innings. McCullum made 145, Anderson 72 and BJ Watling 58. The last such instance for them was in 2008-09 against India in Napier. All five such instances have been in New Zealand. Watling also completed 2000 runs in his Test career in his knock of 58.
Yet they were still on the wrong end of a good beating.
Notts Exile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2016, 19:42   #2199
Ali TT
Posting God
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 16,650
MS Dhoni has never scored a t20i half-century in 56 innings.
__________________
WARNING
Reading the above post may cause bouts of nausea.
Ali TT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2016, 13:51   #2200
geoff_boycotts_grandmother
Posting God
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 27,079
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali TT View Post
MS Dhoni has never scored a t20i half-century in 56 innings.
It's almost as if he's played most of his cricket at 6 or 7 in the batting line-up.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle Fivefer
It was a poor innings by Bell with the bat.
geoff_boycotts_grandmother is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 14:10.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Cricket247.org