Cricket 24/7  

Welcome to the Cricket 24/7.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. There are also more forums available to members, such as the Lounge - where members chat about just about anything under the sun except cricket!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   Cricket 24/7 > Cricket Discussion Forums > England
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Casino Articles Terms of Use Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th December 2015, 13:45   #221
1000yardstare
Posting Goddess
 
1000yardstare's Avatar
JA 754 Wagner 118 TCurran 3 SCurran 99 Cummins 85
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: London
Posts: 19,814
Well one good thing was England hadn't forgotten about him even though he didn't have a county.

Mail
'He must now make a full recovery from a shoulder injury that prevented him taking up an invitation from Andy Flower, the ECBs technical director of elite coaching, to join the England Performance Programme in the UAE.'

We can't go to India with Ali, Rashid and Patel. Hopefully it will be Ali, Panesar and Ansari.
1000yardstare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2015, 13:56   #222
sharky
Legendary
 
sharky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sunny Sussex
Team(s): Sussex, England
Posts: 9,975
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1000yardstare View Post
Well one good thing was England hadn't forgotten about him even though he didn't have a county.

Mail
'He must now make a full recovery from a shoulder injury that prevented him taking up an invitation from Andy Flower, the ECBs technical director of elite coaching, to join the England Performance Programme in the UAE.'

We can't go to India with Ali, Rashid and Patel. Hopefully it will be Ali, Panesar and Ansari.
If Jadeja can run through sides over there then anyone should be able to.
__________________
She was like a candle in the wind...Unreliable
sharky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2015, 14:44   #223
geoff_boycotts_grandmother
Posting God
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 26,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1000yardstare View Post
Mental illness? Sounds like the ups and downs of everyday life.
KP when the parody account was going on.......
Although Capey actually had people out to get him, so that wasn't irrational.

What was irrational was Strauss' belief that Capey was telling South African players how to get Strauss out. If no other reason than it was completely irrational to think that they needed any help when Strauss was doing such a good job of it by himself.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle Fivefer
It was a poor innings by Bell with the bat.
geoff_boycotts_grandmother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2015, 15:21   #224
D/L
World Class
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Leeds
Team(s): Yorkshire CCC & England, Wakefield Trinity RLFC, Leeds Carnegie RUFC
Posts: 6,110
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1000yardstare View Post
Well one good thing was England hadn't forgotten about him even though he didn't have a county.

Mail
'He must now make a full recovery from a shoulder injury that prevented him taking up an invitation from Andy Flower, the ECBs technical director of elite coaching, to join the England Performance Programme in the UAE.'

We can't go to India with Ali, Rashid and Patel. Hopefully it will be Ali, Panesar and Ansari.
An unknown quantity and two that are only too well known?

I don't think so.
D/L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2015, 15:23   #225
1000yardstare
Posting Goddess
 
1000yardstare's Avatar
JA 754 Wagner 118 TCurran 3 SCurran 99 Cummins 85
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: London
Posts: 19,814
Quote:
Originally Posted by geoff_boycotts_grandmother View Post
Although Capey actually had people out to get him, so that wasn't irrational.

What was irrational was Strauss' belief that Capey was telling South African players how to get Strauss out. If no other reason than it was completely irrational to think that they needed any help when Strauss was doing such a good job of it by himself.
KP could have laughed off the parody tweets. No one was out to get him. That was his
paranoia.
1000yardstare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2015, 15:48   #226
geoff_boycotts_grandmother
Posting God
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 26,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1000yardstare View Post
KP could have laughed off the parody tweets. No one was out to get him. That was his
paranoia.
I suppose he imagined being sacked from the team, being stripped of the captaincy etc as well.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle Fivefer
It was a poor innings by Bell with the bat.
geoff_boycotts_grandmother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2015, 16:10   #227
1000yardstare
Posting Goddess
 
1000yardstare's Avatar
JA 754 Wagner 118 TCurran 3 SCurran 99 Cummins 85
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: London
Posts: 19,814
Quote:
Originally Posted by geoff_boycotts_grandmother View Post
I suppose he imagined being sacked from the team, being stripped of the captaincy etc as well.
I am talking about the parody account as an example of paranoia, not about his career.
1000yardstare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2016, 15:27   #228
geoff_boycotts_grandmother
Posting God
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 26,661
A Monty Panesar sighting at Northampton!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle Fivefer
It was a poor innings by Bell with the bat.
geoff_boycotts_grandmother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2016, 18:37   #229
Ali TT
Posting God
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 15,867
Quote:
Originally Posted by geoff_boycotts_grandmother View Post
A Monty Panesar sighting at Northampton!
By the looks of things it is now quite hard to miss him.
__________________
WARNING
Reading the above post may cause bouts of nausea.
Ali TT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2016, 20:27   #230
sanskritsimon
Legendary
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Team(s): Arkholme Bees, Hackney Grasshoppers, Holy Cross Academicals
Posts: 9,592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali TT View Post
By the looks of things it is now quite hard to miss him.
Match figures 59 - 12 - 182 - 4.
He bowled more than a third of the overs bowled by his team.
sanskritsimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2016, 08:52   #231
Ali TT
Posting God
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 15,867
Monty talks about his illness. He is now a mental health ambassador for the PCA

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/36381370
__________________
WARNING
Reading the above post may cause bouts of nausea.
Ali TT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2016, 09:01   #232
Notts Exile
International Material
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Berkshire
Team(s): Notts and Forest
Posts: 1,874
How much will Monty play now? Northants fielded a Sri Lankan leggie against Gloucestershire who took 5-97.
Notts Exile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2016, 19:47   #233
square leg umpire
World Class
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: yorkshire
Team(s): yorkshire
Posts: 7,530
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notts Exile View Post
How much will Monty play now? Northants fielded a Sri Lankan leggie against Gloucestershire who took 5-97.
Wasn't good enough to make the touring party?
square leg umpire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2016, 21:46   #234
Ali TT
Posting God
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 15,867
A sighting in the Steelbacks' dugout!
__________________
WARNING
Reading the above post may cause bouts of nausea.
Ali TT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2016, 22:54   #235
James Zebrorter
The True Hero of Essex
 
James Zebrorter's Avatar
In a time of need. A new spearhead will arrive
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Glasgow
Team(s): AFC Hornchurch, Essex, England
Age: 33
Posts: 18,039
Apparently hit 49 in a club game today as well.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Druid Nathan Barley View Post
I'm fully aware of his thinking, which merely underlines the point that he's an idiot.
James Zebrorter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2016, 23:18   #236
Redmachine
County Pro
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 953
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Zebrallance View Post
Apparently hit 49 in a club game today as well.
I've looked at his club figures this year. They're good but nothing special. John Emburey has been just as effective so not great signs for him.
Redmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2016, 23:59   #237
CDogg16
Established International
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 4,000
Doesn't look like he will play international cricket again...
CDogg16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2016, 12:46   #238
paulsre
World Class
 
paulsre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Addi (a town on Jupiter)
Team(s): Stockholm Taverners CC, County cricket, MCCU cricket, England, Scarborough CC, Swedish cricket
Posts: 5,520
He's off to Australia this winter to play grade cricket and to coach.
paulsre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2016, 12:50   #239
Ali TT
Posting God
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 15,867
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDogg16 View Post
Doesn't look like he will play international cricket again...
Why the smile?

Anyhow, it was never realistic that he would once he'd got in trouble in 2013/14 and then lost his county contract.
__________________
WARNING
Reading the above post may cause bouts of nausea.
Ali TT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2016, 12:54   #240
Redmachine
County Pro
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 953
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali TT View Post
Why the smile?

Anyhow, it was never realistic that he would once he'd got in trouble in 2013/14 and then lost his county contract.
Only a few months ago were people on here calling for a Monty comeback.
Redmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 23:29.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Cricket247.org