Cricket 24/7  

Welcome to the Cricket 24/7.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. There are also more forums available to members, such as the Lounge - where members chat about just about anything under the sun except cricket!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   Cricket 24/7 > Cricket Discussion Forums > International Cricket
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Casino Articles Terms of Use Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th December 2010, 08:44   #1381
Midnight
Legendary
 
Midnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Melbourne
Team(s): Australia
Posts: 8,113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzy View Post
Just copying this post off Chin from another thread in case Midnight and C5 miss it.

I'll be at the Boxing Day test if he's around for it.

All this talk of a Warne comeback is just arrant nonsense. He'd be tonked around the park and he's too old for the field or batting. Captaincy would be the only area he would be a huge boon. Always thought he was a tad overrated as a slipper though the current lot don't inspire. Warne loves the publicity though.

Agree with Michelle that Punter should be in no position to dictate given his form, captaincy, dubious record nominating players and the current state of team morale. Nonethless he'll continue to be allowed input. He was scene lunching with Greg Chappell today. One suspects that the latter will start to put his imprimatur on the team sooner, rather than later.
Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2010, 09:07   #1382
Midnight
Legendary
 
Midnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Melbourne
Team(s): Australia
Posts: 8,113
In light entertainment, KP was fined for doing 121km, 20ks + over the speed limit, in Geelong today. He was driving one of Warnie's luxury cars.
Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2010, 09:15   #1383
slop
Posting God
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Cambridge
Team(s): South Africa
Age: 42
Posts: 18,805
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight View Post
I'll be at the Boxing Day test if he's around for it.

All this talk of a Warne comeback is just arrant nonsense. He'd be tonked around the park and he's too old for the field or batting. Captaincy would be the only area he would be a huge boon. Always thought he was a tad overrated as a slipper though the current lot don't inspire. Warne loves the publicity though.
I love the way things started as a joke become rumour and then almost big enough to be real. It'd be the biggest humiliation for Aus to call on Warne. It would certainly dwarf anything in the knee-jerk thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight View Post
Agree with Michelle that Punter should be in no position to dictate given his form, captaincy, dubious record nominating players and the current state of team morale. Nonethless he'll continue to be allowed input. He was scene lunching with Greg Chappell today. One suspects that the latter will start to put his imprimatur on the team sooner, rather than later.
As in lights, camera, action?
slop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2010, 09:41   #1384
Silly Deep Cover
Returning Officer
 
Silly Deep Cover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Leafy West London
Team(s): Wales
Posts: 22,638
Yes, bring back Warne. I'd like us to worsen his Test average by a few decimal points.
__________________
"Do I contradict myself? Very well, then, I contradict myself. I am large, I contain multitudes." (Walt Whitman)
Silly Deep Cover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2010, 11:07   #1385
High Druid Nathan Barley
Posting God
 
High Druid Nathan Barley's Avatar
Don't look at me with those freak show eyes
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Shrewsbury
Team(s): Essex, Southend
Age: 42
Posts: 12,012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatslogger View Post
If Dussey had been going to play test cricket, he'd have done it ages ago. There's really no point picking him now.
Unless he's one of Australia's 6 best batsmen in which case there's every point. Just because the Aussie selectors have consistently been making the same mistake for many years doesn't mean they have to keep on doing it.
__________________
Then one day it happened, she cut her hair and I stopped loving her.

Self defence is not simply about punching someone repeatedly in the face until they're unconscious, is it?

She took all I had and then she fed me dirt.
High Druid Nathan Barley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2010, 12:03   #1386
collingwood5
World Class
 
collingwood5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Melbourne
Team(s): England, Victoria, Collingwood
Posts: 6,361
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Druid Nathan Barley View Post
Unless he's one of Australia's 6 best batsmen in which case there's every point. Just because the Aussie selectors have consistently been making the same mistake for many years doesn't mean they have to keep on doing it.
It is a bit strange, they are very youth oriented the Aussie fans but surely they dont concede the series already and you try for the best team? Sure there is going to be a big problem shortly but what ever happened to winning this series first? Worry about the future later but this series isnt over yet although alot seem to be conceding it and decided they would rather lose with a young team even if it destroys their confidence, just look at Hughes
__________________
Paul Collingwood- Our Cricketing God
Englands first and only World Champion Captain!!!!!!!
There has never been a better English limited overs player
collingwood5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2010, 13:14   #1387
sharky
Posting God
 
sharky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sunny Sussex
Team(s): Sussex, England
Posts: 10,959
Warne arrived in Heathrow today, so I think it is very unlikely the selectors have begged for him to come back
__________________
She was like a candle in the wind...Unreliable
sharky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2010, 13:16   #1388
Silly Deep Cover
Returning Officer
 
Silly Deep Cover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Leafy West London
Team(s): Wales
Posts: 22,638
He could pop back on the same flight as Jimmy.
__________________
"Do I contradict myself? Very well, then, I contradict myself. I am large, I contain multitudes." (Walt Whitman)
Silly Deep Cover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2010, 13:55   #1389
Corbo 61
Posting God
 
Corbo 61's Avatar
Good luck DOH
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Doing something more useful
Team(s): Norwich City Kent CCC
Posts: 14,846
[quote=Midnight;450376]I'll be at the Boxing Day test if he's around for it.

QUOTE]

Any seats left?
__________________
I was dreaming I was awake, then I woke up and found I was asleep.
Corbo 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2010, 17:25   #1390
stevieh
Administrator
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Team(s): England, Kent, Canada
Posts: 7,145
[quote=Corbo 53;450439]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight View Post
I'll be at the Boxing Day test if he's around for it.

QUOTE]

Any seats left?
Depending on what transpires in the 3rd test, there may be a few tickets easily obtainable, I should think.
stevieh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2010, 17:45   #1391
Crickethare
World Class
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 6,238
Just heard my cousin has tickets for the Sydney Test and he gave one to his wife instead of doing the right thing and offering one to me...how annoying is that !
Crickethare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2010, 20:18   #1392
Fatslogger
Self Confessed Mentalist
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Hitchin
Team(s): England and Liverpool
Age: 42
Posts: 43,721
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Druid Nathan Barley View Post
Unless he's one of Australia's 6 best batsmen in which case there's every point. Just because the Aussie selectors have consistently been making the same mistake for many years doesn't mean they have to keep on doing it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by collingwood5 View Post
It is a bit strange, they are very youth oriented the Aussie fans but surely they dont concede the series already and you try for the best team? Sure there is going to be a big problem shortly but what ever happened to winning this series first? Worry about the future later but this series isnt over yet although alot seem to be conceding it and decided they would rather lose with a young team even if it destroys their confidence, just look at Hughes
Take the point but there's often a bedding in period for test cricket so investing time in a player who will likely be past it within a year or so of going through that isn't necessarily a good bet. Is Hussey clearly the best option against a side with the best spinner in the world (how likely did saying that with a straight face look for an England fan for the last few decades)? If he is, fine, pick him but not sure he is and we all know they won't anyway.
__________________
Work is the curse of the drinking classes - Wilde
Fatslogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2010, 20:18   #1393
Fatslogger
Self Confessed Mentalist
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Hitchin
Team(s): England and Liverpool
Age: 42
Posts: 43,721
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickethare View Post
Just heard my cousin has tickets for the Sydney Test and he gave one to his wife instead of doing the right thing and offering one to me...how annoying is that !
Think you need to be disowning him.
__________________
Work is the curse of the drinking classes - Wilde
Fatslogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:35.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Cricket247.org