Cricket 24/7  

Welcome to the Cricket 24/7.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. There are also more forums available to members, such as the Lounge - where members chat about just about anything under the sun except cricket!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   Cricket 24/7 > Cricket Discussion Forums > England
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Casino Articles Terms of Use Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th February 2017, 09:51   #521
Psyduck
Posting God
 
Psyduck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Manchester
Team(s): England, Lancashire, Man Utd
Posts: 16,174
England U19 244-6 with the game drifting towards a draw. Bartlett made 76 and Rollins made 49.
Psyduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2017, 12:15   #522
1000yardstare
Posting Goddess
 
1000yardstare's Avatar
JA 830 Cummins 149 Wagner 147 TCurran 21 SCurran 9
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: London
Posts: 20,870
Four-day squad Max Holden (Middlesex, capt), Liam Banks (Warwickshire), George Bartlett (Somerset), Harry Brook (Yorkshire), Henry Brookes (Warwickshire), Ben Green (Somerset), Will Jacks (Surrey), George Panayi (Warwickshire), Ryan Patel (Surrey), Liam Patterson-White (Nottinghamshire), Matt Potts (Durham), Oli Robinson (Kent, wk), Harry Swindells (Leicestershire, wk), Josh Tongue (Worcestershire), Amar Virdi (Surrey)

One-day squad Harry Brook (Yorkshire, capt), Liam Banks (Warwickshire), Tom Banton (Somerset, wk), Henry Brookes (Warwickshire), Adam Finch (Worcestershire), Alfie Gleadall (Derbyshire), Will Jacks (Surrey), Tom Lammonby (Somerset), Felix Organ (Hampshire), Liam Patterson-White (Nottinghamshire), Jack Plom (Essex), Matt Potts (Durham), Hamidullah Qadri (Derbyshire), Oli Robinson (Kent, wk), Liam Trevaskis (Durham).

http://www.espncricinfo.com/county-c...y/1108397.html
1000yardstare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2017, 16:34   #523
sanskritsimon
Posting God
 
sanskritsimon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Team(s): Arkholme Bees, Hackney Grasshoppers, Holy Cross Academicals
Posts: 10,584
The current game against India under-19s has been interesting one ... though India's captain may regret not enforcing the follow on, since there's been no play yet on the fourth day and England are still 366 short of their victory target with only 3 wickets remaining.
sanskritsimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2017, 09:09   #524
Rigs
International Material
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Nottingham
Team(s): Notts and Forest
Posts: 1,591
India won the first test by 334 runs. Off to Worcester for the 2nd and final 4 day game on Monday.
__________________
This is an ex-Parrot
Rigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2017, 09:29   #525
Notts Exile
International Cricketer
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Berkshire
Team(s): Notts and Forest
Posts: 2,387
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanskritsimon View Post
The current game against India under-19s has been interesting one
Interesting in seeing how many India can batter England by? This isn't a good sign for us, if young Indian batsmen can come over here and hammer us it doesn't bode well.

Does anyone have any views on how strong or weak our current crop of U-19s is?
Notts Exile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2017, 10:25   #526
Ali TT
Posting God
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 18,827
They didn't play any cricket until 5.30 yesterday yet England's youngsters still couldn't hold out for a draw. As insipid and pathetic as their senior counterparts.
__________________
WARNING
Reading the above post may cause bouts of nausea.
Ali TT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2017, 11:00   #527
sharky
Posting God
 
sharky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sunny Sussex
Team(s): Sussex, England
Posts: 10,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notts Exile View Post
Interesting in seeing how many India can batter England by? This isn't a good sign for us, if young Indian batsmen can come over here and hammer us it doesn't bode well.

Does anyone have any views on how strong or weak our current crop of U-19s is?
That article above says they've not picked players like Rawlins and Fisher who are in contention for their counties (I think that's a mistake), plus only picked players who will be eligible for the next World Cup, so it's possible this group are a little earlier in their development than some England under 19 teams. I'm not sure how it compares to the Indian team though. It's not always about team results but developing a few England players that matters.
__________________
She was like a candle in the wind...Unreliable
sharky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2017, 18:11   #528
aNarcHy2day
County 2nd Team
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: India
Team(s): Mumbai Indians, Punjab Ranji Team
Posts: 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharky View Post
That article above says they've not picked players like Rawlins and Fisher who are in contention for their counties (I think that's a mistake), plus only picked players who will be eligible for the next World Cup, so it's possible this group are a little earlier in their development than some England under 19 teams. I'm not sure how it compares to the Indian team though. It's not always about team results but developing a few England players that matters.
It's an odd article though. Coz with the exception of Sam Curran (who at 19 years and 54 days is ALMOST under 19 ) none of the other players are even close to being eligible.

Dravid being in charge of the U-19 team, he has repeatedly underlined the importance of developing skills and experience at this level rather than the results. They have had the same core since last year consisting, I guess, of only those players who would be eligible for next years U19WC- which would explain why the likes of Ishan Kishan weren't playing the U-19 Asia Cup last year. So, I guess they had the advantage to playing together for longer.
aNarcHy2day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2017, 10:47   #529
Notts Exile
International Cricketer
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Berkshire
Team(s): Notts and Forest
Posts: 2,387
Results aren't important but you still need to be competitive. Losing by over 300 runs is not being competitive.
Notts Exile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2017, 15:02   #530
Fred
County Pro
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 783
just clicked through to look at the England U19 scorecard on cricinfo.

I see that both Bartlett and Holden's "productive shot" is the "Vertical Forward Attack" and that they are both in 100% control.

None the wiser. Thank You cricinfo.
Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2017, 16:23   #531
geoff_boycotts_grandmother
Administrator
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 27,912
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred View Post
just clicked through to look at the England U19 scorecard on cricinfo.

I see that both Bartlett and Holden's "productive shot" is the "Vertical Forward Attack" and that they are both in 100% control.

None the wiser. Thank You cricinfo.
I like the sound of the Vertical Forward Attack.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle Fivefer
It was a poor innings by Bell with the bat.
geoff_boycotts_grandmother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2017, 18:17   #532
aNarcHy2day
County 2nd Team
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: India
Team(s): Mumbai Indians, Punjab Ranji Team
Posts: 211
Is that a fancy way of saying 'straight drive'?

Also, I'm confused- why are there so many over 19 players in the England team (some of them nearly 20) after the selectors apparently claimed they were selecting players for the WC?
aNarcHy2day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2017, 18:27   #533
Fred
County Pro
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by aNarcHy2day View Post
Also, I'm confused- why are there so many over 19 players in the England team (some of them nearly 20) after the selectors apparently claimed they were selecting players for the WC?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharky View Post
That article above says they've not picked players like Rawlins and Fisher who are in contention for their counties (I think that's a mistake), plus only picked players who will be eligible for the next World Cup, so it's possible this group are a little earlier in their development than some England under 19 teams. I'm not sure how it compares to the Indian team though. It's not always about team results but developing a few England players that matters.
There are five currently playing born in 1997. Might as well have selected Haseeb Hameed (he's only playing for Lancs 2s at the moment, and was also born in 1997) or Mason Crane.

Or simply calling the team something else, youth development, would be more honest.
Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2017, 09:51   #534
Rigs
International Material
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Nottingham
Team(s): Notts and Forest
Posts: 1,591
Quote:
Originally Posted by aNarcHy2day View Post
Is that a fancy way of saying 'straight drive'?

Also, I'm confused- why are there so many over 19 players in the England team (some of them nearly 20) after the selectors apparently claimed they were selecting players for the WC?
They have just played 2 x 4 day games. The ODIs have a different squad. See below.

Four-day squad Max Holden (Middlesex, capt), Liam Banks (Warwickshire), George Bartlett (Somerset), Harry Brook (Yorkshire), Henry Brookes (Warwickshire), Ben Green (Somerset), Will Jacks (Surrey), George Panayi (Warwickshire), Ryan Patel (Surrey), Liam Patterson-White (Nottinghamshire), Matt Potts (Durham), Oli Robinson (Kent, wk), Harry Swindells (Leicestershire, wk), Josh Tongue (Worcestershire), Amar Virdi (Surrey)

One-day squad Harry Brook (Yorkshire, capt), Liam Banks (Warwickshire), Tom Banton (Somerset, wk), Henry Brookes (Warwickshire), Adam Finch (Worcestershire), Alfie Gleadall (Derbyshire), Will Jacks (Surrey), Tom Lammonby (Somerset), Felix Organ (Hampshire), Liam Patterson-White (Nottinghamshire), Jack Plom (Essex), Matt Potts (Durham), Hamidullah Qadri (Derbyshire), Oli Robinson (Kent, wk), Liam Trevaskis (Durham).
__________________
This is an ex-Parrot
Rigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2017, 15:49   #535
aNarcHy2day
County 2nd Team
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: India
Team(s): Mumbai Indians, Punjab Ranji Team
Posts: 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigs View Post
They have just played 2 x 4 day games. The ODIs have a different squad. See below.

Four-day squad Max Holden (Middlesex, capt), Liam Banks (Warwickshire), George Bartlett (Somerset), Harry Brook (Yorkshire), Henry Brookes (Warwickshire), Ben Green (Somerset), Will Jacks (Surrey), George Panayi (Warwickshire), Ryan Patel (Surrey), Liam Patterson-White (Nottinghamshire), Matt Potts (Durham), Oli Robinson (Kent, wk), Harry Swindells (Leicestershire, wk), Josh Tongue (Worcestershire), Amar Virdi (Surrey)

One-day squad Harry Brook (Yorkshire, capt), Liam Banks (Warwickshire), Tom Banton (Somerset, wk), Henry Brookes (Warwickshire), Adam Finch (Worcestershire), Alfie Gleadall (Derbyshire), Will Jacks (Surrey), Tom Lammonby (Somerset), Felix Organ (Hampshire), Liam Patterson-White (Nottinghamshire), Jack Plom (Essex), Matt Potts (Durham), Hamidullah Qadri (Derbyshire), Oli Robinson (Kent, wk), Liam Trevaskis (Durham).
I may have jumped the gun there. The one-day side does seem to conform by U-19 norms.
aNarcHy2day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2017, 10:14   #536
Rigs
International Material
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Nottingham
Team(s): Notts and Forest
Posts: 1,591
Quote:
Originally Posted by aNarcHy2day View Post
I may have jumped the gun there. The one-day side does seem to conform by U-19 norms.
The ODIs kick off today in Cardiff. The game at Canterbury on Wed is on Sky.
__________________
This is an ex-Parrot
Rigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2018, 12:18   #537
Slater
International Material
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Herefordshire
Team(s): England
Posts: 1,889
2018 ICC Under-19 World Cup

Cricinfo: England U19 Squad

Is Hamidullah Qadri injured?


Jon Lewis is head coach, Jonathan Trott the batting coach.

Last edited by Slater : 14th January 2018 at 21:22.
Slater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2018, 12:46   #538
Sir Coolerking
County Pro
 
Sir Coolerking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Berks
Team(s): England, Sussex, Portsmouth
Posts: 950
In their group are Namibia, Bangladesh and Canada.

Top 2 go through to QF's where they will almost certainly meet either India or Australia.
Sir Coolerking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2018, 21:22   #539
Slater
International Material
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Herefordshire
Team(s): England
Posts: 1,889
Lost in the Quarters.

Last edited by Slater : 13th February 2018 at 19:44.
Slater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2018, 15:28   #540
Slater
International Material
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Herefordshire
Team(s): England
Posts: 1,889
Tom Banton has scored a century against South Africa.
Slater is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:59.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Cricket247.org