Cricket 24/7  

Welcome to the Cricket 24/7.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. There are also more forums available to members, such as the Lounge - where members chat about just about anything under the sun except cricket!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   Cricket 24/7 > Cricket Discussion Forums > International Cricket
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Casino Articles Terms of Use Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th January 2018, 11:19   #41
Sir Coolerking
International Material
 
Sir Coolerking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Berks
Team(s): England, Sussex, Portsmouth
Posts: 1,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali TT View Post
India Australia final after the Indians annihilated their rivals Pakistan in the second semi.

England defeat the hosts to finish a dismal 7th.
I think they lost heart after the QF defeat and have given all in the squad a game (I'm not sure there's anything to be achieved from these extra matches). From what I've seen, 3 teams looked superior to everyone else, somewhat odd that the draw should throw 2 of them together in the QF. That was the only knockout match that's been remotely competitive.

Based on their group match, India should win the Final......
Sir Coolerking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2018, 19:00   #42
Ali TT
Posting God
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 19,104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Coolerking View Post
I think they lost heart after the QF defeat and have given all in the squad a game (I'm not sure there's anything to be achieved from these extra matches). From what I've seen, 3 teams looked superior to everyone else, somewhat odd that the draw should throw 2 of them together in the QF. That was the only knockout match that's been remotely competitive.

Based on their group match, India should win the Final......
There's barely been a competitive match all tournament, it has to be said.
__________________
WARNING
Reading the above post may cause bouts of nausea.
Ali TT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2018, 09:00   #43
Sir Coolerking
International Material
 
Sir Coolerking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Berks
Team(s): England, Sussex, Portsmouth
Posts: 1,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali TT View Post
There's barely been a competitive match all tournament, it has to be said.
Very true, the scenery at Queenstown continues to be the highlight of the tournament.

I didn't see it, but I note that the Eng/NZ match was a tight affair with the Kiwis throwing in a proper collapse from 201-3 to 229 all out chasing 262.

And it turns out that the England Captain (Brook) was suspended from that game (breach of team discipline), although not thought to be alcohol related.
Sir Coolerking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2018, 10:24   #44
AJ101
International Material
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 1,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Coolerking View Post
Very true, the scenery at Queenstown continues to be the highlight of the tournament.

I didn't see it, but I note that the Eng/NZ match was a tight affair with the Kiwis throwing in a proper collapse from 201-3 to 229 all out chasing 262.

And it turns out that the England Captain (Brook) was suspended from that game (breach of team discipline), although not thought to be alcohol related.
They can try and blame me for that because I switched on when it was just under 200 for 3, they got a dodgy lbw decision against them and then proceeded to throw wickets away against pretty innocuous spin (and terrible running didn't help them either).

I didn't hear Rob Key (or the other guy) mention the Brook thing on comms but saw it on BBC or cricinfo yesterday.
AJ101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2018, 13:02   #45
geoff_boycotts_grandmother
Administrator
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 28,227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Coolerking View Post
Very true, the scenery at Queenstown continues to be the highlight of the tournament.

I didn't see it, but I note that the Eng/NZ match was a tight affair with the Kiwis throwing in a proper collapse from 201-3 to 229 all out chasing 262.

And it turns out that the England Captain (Brook) was suspended from that game (breach of team discipline), although not thought to be alcohol related.
Does anyone know what for yet?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle Fivefer
It was a poor innings by Bell with the bat.
geoff_boycotts_grandmother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2018, 17:17   #46
aNarcHy2day
County 2nd Team
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: India
Team(s): Mumbai Indians, Punjab Ranji Team
Posts: 287
India walk to the U-19 WC title, virtually unchallenged.

http://e1.365dm.com/18/02/16-9/20/sk...20180203095347
aNarcHy2day is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 22:16.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Cricket247.org