Cricket 24/7  

Welcome to the Cricket 24/7.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. There are also more forums available to members, such as the Lounge - where members chat about just about anything under the sun except cricket!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   Cricket 24/7 > Cricket Discussion Forums > Ex-International Player Forum
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Casino Articles Terms of Use Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th March 2018, 20:47   #6161
Ali TT
Posting God
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 18,504
Yeah, that's how team sports works.
__________________
WARNING
Reading the above post may cause bouts of nausea.
Ali TT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2018, 00:02   #6162
Sir Virgs and Zamora
Posting God
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 20,074
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali TT View Post
Yeah, that's how team sports works.
Good to see I am not the only one who understands how batting orders worked. We have never replaced Swann properly either.
Sir Virgs and Zamora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2018, 11:12   #6163
Chin Music
Administrator
 
Chin Music's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: la sala de opinion equivocada
Team(s): ****
Posts: 24,139
http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/...evin-pietersen

I'm assuming that KP experts such as Sir Virgs will do a whole lot better than the miserable 5/10 I managed to achieve on this quiz!
__________________
Quote:
"One of the greatest problems of our time is that many are schooled but few are educated" - Thomas More
Chin Music is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2018, 11:26   #6164
cabinboy
Posting God
 
cabinboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 13,533
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbo 61 View Post
Well C.B. and others..the end is nigh..K.P. has officially retired from cricket.
Great player, great performer, great man. Just the sort of leader we need to save the rhino.

One of the few true greats in my lifetime, along with Botham, Richards, Tendulkar, Lara, Javed Mirand and Ponting.
cabinboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2018, 13:13   #6165
Sir Coolerking
County Pro
 
Sir Coolerking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Berks
Team(s): England, Sussex, Portsmouth
Posts: 847
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chin Music View Post
http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/...evin-pietersen

I'm assuming that KP experts such as Sir Virgs will do a whole lot better than the miserable 5/10 I managed to achieve on this quiz!
9 for me and I can't stand the obnoxious ******.
Sir Coolerking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2018, 13:44   #6166
Sir Virgs and Zamora
Posting God
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 20,074
I got seven. It made me laugh seeing the top scorer in ODI.

He was bloody brilliant in his pomp and i will always remember my day at oval in 2005. One of the best we have had without a doubt.

He has also done lots of work for eye cancer which some on here will know is very close to my heart. Personally I try and judge sports stars from what I see and hear from them about their time with relevant teams. KP was a fantastic player but he crossed a line.

He sounds like a thoroughly decent man away from cricket, but i don't like judging sportstars based on their life outside sport as it is none of my business. Do I like what tiger woods has done in his private life? Nope. Did I stay up to watch the end of the golf for the last two Sundays? Yep.

I suspect kp will be remembered as a flawed genius.
Sir Virgs and Zamora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2018, 14:11   #6167
geoff_boycotts_grandmother
Administrator
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 27,758
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Virgs and Zamora View Post
I got seven. It made me laugh seeing the top scorer in ODI.

He was bloody brilliant in his pomp and i will always remember my day at oval in 2005. One of the best we have had without a doubt.

He has also done lots of work for eye cancer which some on here will know is very close to my heart. Personally I try and judge sports stars from what I see and hear from them about their time with relevant teams. KP was a fantastic player but he crossed a line.

He sounds like a thoroughly decent man away from cricket, but i don't like judging sportstars based on their life outside sport as it is none of my business. Do I like what tiger woods has done in his private life? Nope. Did I stay up to watch the end of the golf for the last two Sundays? Yep.

I suspect kp will be remembered as a flawed genius.
Are you Australian?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle Fivefer
It was a poor innings by Bell with the bat.
geoff_boycotts_grandmother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2018, 08:52   #6168
Corbo 61
Posting God
 
Corbo 61's Avatar
'Blue Blistering Barnacles.'
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: In Limbo.
Team(s): Norwich City Kent CCC
Posts: 13,453
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabinboy View Post
Great player, great performer, great man. Just the sort of leader we need to save the rhino.

One of the few true greats in my lifetime, along with Botham, Richards, Tendulkar, Lara, Javed Mirand and Ponting.
Will never forget the 05 Ashes innings at the Oval..sport at its best.
__________________
I was dreaming I was awake, then I woke up and found I was asleep.
Corbo 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2018, 11:58   #6169
Sir Virgs and Zamora
Posting God
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 20,074
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbo 61 View Post
Will never forget the 05 Ashes innings at the Oval..sport at its best.
Agreed.

In non cricket related news kp will be playing for the rest of the world vs England in the soccer aid match. Flintoff is playing for England. It will be interesting to see what happens if Freddie gets a chance to tackle kp!
Sir Virgs and Zamora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2018, 20:32   #6170
Sir Virgs and Zamora
Posting God
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 20,074
KP was a far better batsman than footballer. He is crap at football. In fact I reckon I am better and I suck.
Sir Virgs and Zamora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2018, 22:05   #6171
Sir Virgs and Zamora
Posting God
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 20,074
Missed a pen in the shoot out as well. Flintoff took a decent pen.
Sir Virgs and Zamora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2018, 22:06   #6172
Ali TT
Posting God
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 18,504
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Virgs and Zamora View Post
Missed a pen in the shoot out as well. Flintoff took a decent pen.
It was all set up for Paddy to win the game then he fluffed it.
__________________
WARNING
Reading the above post may cause bouts of nausea.
Ali TT is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 00:05.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Cricket247.org