Cricket 24/7  

Welcome to the Cricket 24/7.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. There are also more forums available to members, such as the Lounge - where members chat about just about anything under the sun except cricket!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   Cricket 24/7 > Cricket Discussion Forums > International Cricket
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Casino Articles Terms of Use Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th February 2021, 17:41   #6021
Sir Coolerking
World Class
 
Sir Coolerking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Berks
Team(s): England, Sussex, Portsmouth
Posts: 6,020
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConfusedMale View Post
Indian buses aren't the solution for that, LOL.
I guess it was a private minibus for the players and backroom staff.

"The journey [home] was fine, we just flew into Heathrow," Bairstow said. "The journey back out was four hours down to Heathrow where we nearly broke down, which was interesting. Then we had the flight out to Bangalore. We arrived there, had our tests and had to wait in the airport for our results to be negative.

"Then we had a seven-and-a-half-hour bus journey across India to Chennai. We weren't allowed to stop on that journey either, which was interesting. I'll let you have your own thoughts about how that trip was.

"We went to our bedrooms, where unfortunately there wasn't any fresh air which naturally made the quarantine period tough. We go through that, all the tests came back negative, and rejoined the group a couple of days ago.
Sir Coolerking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2021, 08:44   #6022
ConfusedMale
Established International
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Bangalore
Team(s): India
Posts: 3,881
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Coolerking View Post
I guess it was a private minibus for the players and backroom staff.

"The journey [home] was fine, we just flew into Heathrow," Bairstow said. "The journey back out was four hours down to Heathrow where we nearly broke down, which was interesting. Then we had the flight out to Bangalore. We arrived there, had our tests and had to wait in the airport for our results to be negative.

"Then we had a seven-and-a-half-hour bus journey across India to Chennai. We weren't allowed to stop on that journey either, which was interesting. I'll let you have your own thoughts about how that trip was.

"We went to our bedrooms, where unfortunately there wasn't any fresh air which naturally made the quarantine period tough. We go through that, all the tests came back negative, and rejoined the group a couple of days ago.
There are frequent flights from Bangalore to Chennai, just in case they couldn't find a direct flight to Chennai from UK. As for a bus journey, the roads are actually pretty good between Bangalore and Chennai. Also, that journey is just a tiny part of India and not something that would be classified as across India (not sure I'd call it even as a journey across South India).

Anyway, glad to know that he reached the destination safely.
__________________
A quote is quotable depending on who you are and not what you say
ConfusedMale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2021, 12:11   #6023
Greatbatch
World Class
 
Greatbatch's Avatar
Easy Southee
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Team(s): NZ
Posts: 6,069
Good to see Gower back commentating, I missed him on the Sky test coverage along with Beefy.

I don't think the Pakistan T20 league will suit him though, he doesn't scream and shout enough.
Greatbatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2021, 12:24   #6024
Greatbatch
World Class
 
Greatbatch's Avatar
Easy Southee
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Team(s): NZ
Posts: 6,069
We had David Warner commentating the Aus v NZ T20 game tonight along with Isa Guha and Mark Waugh.

Mark Waugh sounded like Richie Benaud compared to Warner, my god he's a flog, he never shuts up about himself or his family.
Greatbatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2021, 13:17   #6025
ConfusedMale
Established International
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Bangalore
Team(s): India
Posts: 3,881
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatbatch View Post
Good to see Gower back commentating, I missed him on the Sky test coverage along with Beefy.

I don't think the Pakistan T20 league will suit him though, he doesn't scream and shout enough.
Could be true of any T20 league, I suppose.
__________________
A quote is quotable depending on who you are and not what you say
ConfusedMale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2021, 13:47   #6026
Aidan11
Harmisonesque
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Somewhere cold and wet
Posts: 43,399
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatbatch View Post
We had David Warner commentating the Aus v NZ T20 game tonight along with Isa Guha and Mark Waugh.

Mark Waugh sounded like Richie Benaud compared to Warner, my god he's a flog, he never shuts up about himself or his family.
Warner commentating sums up everything that's wrong with the art of speaking to the viewer. Any Tom, Dick or Harry thinks they can do it. T20 may be a dumbed down version of cricket but that doesn't mean the commentary has to do the same.

John Arlott must be spinning in his grave.
Aidan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2021, 13:53   #6027
1000yardstare
Posting Goddess
 
1000yardstare's Avatar
JA 901 Cummins 301 SCurran 58 Jhye 39
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: London
Posts: 22,883
Broad will join Dinesh Karthik, David Lloyd, Nasser Hussain, Michael Atherton, Ian Ward, Ebony Rainford-Brent and Rob Key during the series, which consist of five T20Is and three ODIs.
1000yardstare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2021, 14:43   #6028
sharky
Posting God
 
sharky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sunny Sussex
Team(s): Sussex, England
Posts: 12,229
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1000yardstare View Post
Broad will join Dinesh Karthik, David Lloyd, Nasser Hussain, Michael Atherton, Ian Ward, Ebony Rainford-Brent and Rob Key during the series, which consist of five T20Is and three ODIs.
Have they got the right Kart(h)ick? Anyway I like that commentary team, I assume they're going out to India to cover it this time.
__________________
She was like a candle in the wind...Unreliable
sharky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2021, 07:37   #6029
ConfusedMale
Established International
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Bangalore
Team(s): India
Posts: 3,881
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharky View Post
Have they got the right Kart(h)ick? Anyway I like that commentary team, I assume they're going out to India to cover it this time.
Even I thought they might have meant Murali Karthik. I don't think I've ever heard Dinesh Karthik in commentary.
__________________
A quote is quotable depending on who you are and not what you say
ConfusedMale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2021, 09:33   #6030
Sir Coolerking
World Class
 
Sir Coolerking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Berks
Team(s): England, Sussex, Portsmouth
Posts: 6,020
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharky View Post
Have they got the right Kart(h)ick? Anyway I like that commentary team, I assume they're going out to India to cover it this time.
I doubt it, I think they'll do it from the TV pictures again. Sky have clearly already worked out that the commentary team doing the job for Channel 4 are a complete turn off (bar Butcher).
Sir Coolerking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2021, 21:01   #6031
Ali TT
Posting God
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 24,657
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aidan11 View Post
Warner commentating sums up everything that's wrong with the art of speaking to the viewer. Any Tom, Dick or Harry thinks they can do it. T20 may be a dumbed down version of cricket but that doesn't mean the commentary has to do the same.

John Arlott must be spinning in his grave.
The ridiculousness of it is that T20 is not "dumbed down" but probably the format with the most analysis, strategy and thought that goes into it yet gets the most stupid commentary.
__________________
WARNING
Reading the above post may cause bouts of nausea.
Ali TT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2021, 22:42   #6032
Aidan11
Harmisonesque
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Somewhere cold and wet
Posts: 43,399
If there is a noise when Warner is commentating it will be the sound of a bottom of a barrel being scraped.
Aidan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2021, 22:58   #6033
Michelle Fivefer
Posting Goddess
 
Michelle Fivefer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: North West England
Team(s): England, Lancashire
Posts: 44,001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aidan11 View Post
If there is a noise when Warner is commentating it will be the sound of a bottom of a barrel being scraped.
__________________
As balanced and focused as the next man
Michelle Fivefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2021, 08:57   #6034
MRNC4.0
Established International
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Melbourne
Team(s): Victoria
Posts: 3,431
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aidan11 View Post
If there is a noise when Warner is commentating it will be the sound of a bottom of a barrel being scraped.
MRNC4.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2021, 09:49   #6035
Minor Maggie
Buttleresque
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: West Yorkshire
Team(s): Lancashire, England
Posts: 27,069
I see Swann is in India. Looks like he has been enjoying himself post retirement.
Minor Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2021, 10:05   #6036
Sir Coolerking
World Class
 
Sir Coolerking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Berks
Team(s): England, Sussex, Portsmouth
Posts: 6,020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minor Maggie View Post
I see Swann is in India. Looks like he has been enjoying himself post retirement.
Yes, I noticed the same.

I've also put it on mute so I don't have to listen to him.
Sir Coolerking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2021, 12:46   #6037
Michelle Fivefer
Posting Goddess
 
Michelle Fivefer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: North West England
Team(s): England, Lancashire
Posts: 44,001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Coolerking View Post
Yes, I noticed the same.

I've also put it on mute so I don't have to listen to him.
I think Iím the only poster who actually likes Swann. Iím pleased heís commentating on this match.
__________________
As balanced and focused as the next man
Michelle Fivefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2021, 13:07   #6038
ConfusedMale
Established International
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Bangalore
Team(s): India
Posts: 3,881
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle Fivefer View Post
I think Iím the only poster who actually likes Swann. Iím pleased heís commentating on this match.
Probably you heard Deep Dasgupta, Murali Kartik and Ajit Agarkar in tandem.
__________________
A quote is quotable depending on who you are and not what you say
ConfusedMale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2021, 13:56   #6039
Greatbatch
World Class
 
Greatbatch's Avatar
Easy Southee
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Team(s): NZ
Posts: 6,069
I like Swann as a commentator too, has a good mix of serious informative commentary and light hearted banter, he's an improvement on Nick Knight at least.
Greatbatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2021, 14:00   #6040
Sir Coolerking
World Class
 
Sir Coolerking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Berks
Team(s): England, Sussex, Portsmouth
Posts: 6,020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatbatch View Post
I like Swann as a commentator too, has a good mix of serious informative commentary and light hearted banter, he's an improvement on Nick Knight at least.
You haven't heard him enough, it becomes thoroughly nauseating.

I like to think that England have chosen a 2 day humiliating defeat rather than subject everyone to 5 days of his commentary. I approve!!
Sir Coolerking is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 21:18.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© Cricket247.org