Cricket 24/7  

Welcome to the Cricket 24/7.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. There are also more forums available to members, such as the Lounge - where members chat about just about anything under the sun except cricket!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   Cricket 24/7 > Cricket Discussion Forums > International Cricket
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Casino Articles Terms of Use Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th June 2009, 21:53   #21
StrategicAirCommand
County 2nd Team
 
StrategicAirCommand's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 219
It's alright. It doesn't seem as friendly, but I think that's just familiarity. Once you know where the info you want is you won't give all the other c**p a second look and it'll 'disappear'. I like the tabbed match page where you can switch between commentary, scorecard, stats and the summary. Having the latest scores on the front page is good too.
__________________
Remember to duck and cover! Or is that cover and duck? Or duck in the covers? Or was it out for a duck in the covers? Or...
StrategicAirCommand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2009, 06:38   #22
Midnight
World Class
 
Midnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Melbourne
Team(s): Australia
Posts: 7,879
It has become easier as one as got used to it but sometimes I wonder why the only constant seems to be change. One day someone might work out that it's better not to fix it if it works and that some things are done in a certain way because it's a tried and true formula.
Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2009, 19:19   #23
sillypoint
World Class
 
sillypoint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 5,478
The live scorecards have definitely improved, like the tabs and having the descriptions of the wickets fallen readily available.. Don't like new windows popping up everywhere and navigation in general is a pain, in most cases the back button is the easiest and sometimes only way to navigate.
sillypoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2009, 19:24   #24
zxb
Posting God
 
zxb's Avatar
Just biding my time...
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: UK
Team(s): England and the Bangas
Age: 34
Posts: 12,297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aidan11 View Post
This monster must be destroyed. Burn it and dispose of the body where no one will find it.
Can you burn websites in your little world then?
__________________
"Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Eisenhower

"The Pie will soon be mine" - Weebl
zxb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2009, 19:25   #25
Aidan11
Harmisonesque
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Somewhere cold and wet
Posts: 39,403
Yes.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northantsfanone View Post
Speaking to Geoff Cook today they may released Mark Wood from Durham. He rates him but the kid has had an operation and maybe one too many bowlers on the books type deal.
Aidan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2009, 19:35   #26
F.K
Established International
 
F.K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Karachi, Pakistan
Team(s): Pakistan,England
Age: 42
Posts: 4,112
Send a message via MSN to F.K Send a message via Yahoo to F.K
Its alright the last one was very easy or perhaps we were all just very familar with it... this looks too american
__________________
Blog : Faisal Kapadia
F.K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2009, 03:49   #27
Greatbatch
Established International
 
Greatbatch's Avatar
Easy Southee
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Team(s): NZ
Posts: 4,904
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight View Post
It has become easier as one as got used to it but sometimes I wonder why the only constant seems to be change. One day someone might work out that it's better not to fix it if it works and that some things are done in a certain way because it's a tried and true formula.
I think the change is due to the ESPN rebranding. Anyway it is probably more in line with most other modern sports websites now. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing, the old one did have a unique, familiar feel to it.

I'm slowly getting used to it. It's a big change from the old one though and will take a while to get the hang of navigating around. It does seem to be slightly quicker, although that is outweighed by the time spent figuring out how to navigate around. I guess that will improve over time.
Greatbatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2009, 14:23   #28
Crickethare
Established International
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,277
Still looks like it was designed by a ten year old with a gallon of Sunny Delight and a blue felt pen.I feel patronised every time I look at it-mind you that goes for most of the internet,current company excepted of course.
Crickethare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2009, 16:33   #29
Ash
Established International
 
Ash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Lahore
Team(s): England & Essex
Posts: 3,484
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aidan11 View Post
This monster must be destroyed. Burn it and dispose of the body where no one will find it.
__________________
It takes one to know one.
Ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2009, 16:54   #30
Michelle Fivefer
Posting Goddess
 
Michelle Fivefer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: North West England
Team(s): England, Lancashire
Posts: 41,791
I don't know why they need a refresh link on the scorecard current page. It's meant to refresh automatically and anyway you have your own general refresh button. The reason for my complaint is that the refresh link is where I think the full scorecard link should be but isn't.
Michelle Fivefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2009, 17:01   #31
High Druid Nathan Barley
Posting God
 
High Druid Nathan Barley's Avatar
Don't look at me with those freak show eyes
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Shrewsbury
Team(s): Essex, Southend
Age: 41
Posts: 12,012
I don't mind the cluttered front page overly much, and I like the tabbed scorecard and the fact that the live score details are on the front page. Having navigational dead ends where the only recourse is the browser back button is pretty amateur though and there are plenty of them. Having to forward and back through a list of hundreds of names in the AtoZ of players is unforgivable.
__________________
Then one day it happened, she cut her hair and I stopped loving her.

Self defence is not simply about punching someone repeatedly in the face until they're unconscious, is it?

She took all I had and then she fed me dirt.
High Druid Nathan Barley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2009, 17:43   #32
Michelle Fivefer
Posting Goddess
 
Michelle Fivefer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: North West England
Team(s): England, Lancashire
Posts: 41,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Druid Nathan Barley View Post
I don't mind the cluttered front page overly much, and I like the tabbed scorecard and the fact that the live score details are on the front page. Having navigational dead ends where the only recourse is the browser back button is pretty amateur though and there are plenty of them. Having to forward and back through a list of hundreds of names in the AtoZ of players is unforgivable.
I found it tedious enough when there was a category for each letter. What I do if I want to look anyone up is google " Fred Bloggs cricinfo" and there it is.
Michelle Fivefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2009, 20:14   #33
StrategicAirCommand
County 2nd Team
 
StrategicAirCommand's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight View Post
It has become easier as one as got used to it but sometimes I wonder why the only constant seems to be change. One day someone might work out that it's better not to fix it if it works and that some things are done in a certain way because it's a tried and true formula.
They already have. They also worked out that they'd be out of a job if they actually followed that dictum.
__________________
Remember to duck and cover! Or is that cover and duck? Or duck in the covers? Or was it out for a duck in the covers? Or...
StrategicAirCommand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2009, 20:23   #34
Loser Bandit
Bat In Hand
 
Loser Bandit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 4
In don't like the new aethetic on there. The tab options on the scorecard are useful, but otherwise I don't like it and find navigating harder than before. I'm also finding it difficult to work out which is new content and what has been lingering for a few days.

It's true that it takes a while to adjust, and no doubt they will make some improvements, but so far a disappointment.


Hello!

Last edited by Loser Bandit : 9th June 2009 at 20:24. Reason: To say hello.
Loser Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2009, 21:38   #35
cabinboy
Posting God
 
cabinboy's Avatar
Do Gooder
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 13,091
Hello
cabinboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2009, 21:39   #36
Aidan11
Harmisonesque
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Somewhere cold and wet
Posts: 39,403
Is it me you're looking for?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northantsfanone View Post
Speaking to Geoff Cook today they may released Mark Wood from Durham. He rates him but the kid has had an operation and maybe one too many bowlers on the books type deal.
Aidan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2009, 21:45   #37
Michelle Fivefer
Posting Goddess
 
Michelle Fivefer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: North West England
Team(s): England, Lancashire
Posts: 41,791
I think that years ago some business efficiency boffins found that if you reorganise your office systems, file things in a different way and change the colour schemes, it produces a feel good factor unrelated to the actual improvements made (negligible), and output increases. Do this every year and it keeps everybody happy.

That's the theory. Let's hope that all the staff at Cricinfo are enjoying it.
Michelle Fivefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2009, 21:50   #38
geoff_boycotts_grandmother
Posting God
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 27,075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle Fivefer View Post
I think that years ago some business efficiency boffins found that if you reorganise your office systems, file things in a different way and change the colour schemes, it produces a feel good factor unrelated to the actual improvements made (negligible), and output increases. Do this every year and it keeps everybody happy.

That's the theory. Let's hope that all the staff at Cricinfo are enjoying it.
Really? I'd have thought that it would have the opposite effect of decreasing efficiency as people take time to adjust to it (not to mention the time spent actually carrying out changing it all). I suppose if you get someone else to do all the leg-work for you, you might get a feel good factor.

I reckon if they changed it back in 6 months you'd hate the old version.
geoff_boycotts_grandmother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2009, 22:00   #39
Michelle Fivefer
Posting Goddess
 
Michelle Fivefer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: North West England
Team(s): England, Lancashire
Posts: 41,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by geoff_boycotts_grandmother View Post
Really? I'd have thought that it would have the opposite effect of decreasing efficiency as people take time to adjust to it (not to mention the time spent actually carrying out changing it all). I suppose if you get someone else to do all the leg-work for you, you might get a feel good factor.

I reckon if they changed it back in 6 months you'd hate the old version.
Yes, honestly. But it's obviously better if someone else does all the work. It's happened in one or two environments that I have worked in. While there are grumbles about getting used to the new system, the newness of it is exhilarating and then you have that cameraderie and all-in-it together spirit when nobody can find anything.
Michelle Fivefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2009, 22:39   #40
geoff_boycotts_grandmother
Posting God
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 27,075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle Fivefer View Post
Yes, honestly. But it's obviously better if someone else does all the work. It's happened in one or two environments that I have worked in. While there are grumbles about getting used to the new system, the newness of it is exhilarating and then you have that cameraderie and all-in-it together spirit when nobody can find anything.
I'm still not convinced that the camaraderie and all-in-it together spirit produce an increase in productivity greater than the inefficiency caused by time spent grumbling and not finding things or attending training sessions to train you how to use the new system.

Who commissioned the report? Was it management consultants with a financial interest in change for the sake of change?
geoff_boycotts_grandmother is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 14:45.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Cricket247.org