Cricket 24/7  

Welcome to the Cricket 24/7.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. There are also more forums available to members, such as the Lounge - where members chat about just about anything under the sun except cricket!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   Cricket 24/7 > Cricket Discussion Forums > Other International Teams
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Casino Articles Terms of Use Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th September 2007, 06:54   #41
noelene
County 2nd Team
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 205
3hard you should go to tavs if you wanna talk Aussie cricket.There are a couple of good Aussie posters in the forum.I hope I don't offend the mods on here for suggesting it,but you seem a bit out numbered on here.
http://www.off-the-wall-photography....wforum.php?f=7
If you do post there,don't take Keith too seriously.He hates Aussie cricket.
noelene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2007, 07:10   #42
3hard
International Material
 
3hard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Adelaide
Team(s): The mighty redbacks.
Posts: 1,892
Selection

Given the spin-friendly nature of the pitches, it’s not surprising Pakistan tended to use only three, or sometimes two seamers during the one-dayers. Australia should have selected another one-day style spinner to support Dan Cullen, rather than go with a seamer heavy attack. Cullen Bailey has not (yet) got the accuracy and control for limited overs cricket, which is why he rarely plays this form of cricket for SA. So really someone like Aaron Heal should have been given a go.

If Heal had been included in the squad, a lineup of
CJL Rogers
PA Jaques
L Ronchi
DJ Hussey
AC Voges
CL White
JR Hopes
LR Butterworth
AK Heal
DJ Cullen
DE Bollinger
would have been interesting.

Given that Heal wasn’t in the squad, it was still frustrating the way Australia used the seamers available. Noffke seemed well off form, in conditions not suiting him, but still ended up bowling more overs than any other Aussie bowler. I can’t understand why the younger Bollinger didn’t play in all three matches, or why Butterworth wasn’t given more than his nine overs.

Additionally, having Noffke batting at 8 meant that we often lost a little momentum at the end of the innings, just when an additional dozen-odd runs in quick time would have been very useful.

Overall the selections offered by Australia achieved neither purpose of putting together the most likely combination to win, nor effectively testing out younger players.
__________________
Quote:
"Yet your argument is that of a retarded 11 year old, who is also crippled."
3hard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2007, 08:27   #43
3hard
International Material
 
3hard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Adelaide
Team(s): The mighty redbacks.
Posts: 1,892
Quote:
Originally Posted by noelene View Post
3hard you should go to tavs if you wanna talk Aussie cricket.There are a couple of good Aussie posters in the forum.I hope I don't offend the mods on here for suggesting it,but you seem a bit out numbered on here.
http://www.off-the-wall-photography....wforum.php?f=7
If you do post there,don't take Keith too seriously.He hates Aussie cricket.
Thanks Noelene, I'm not sure I'm up for a move right now, but I may have a look around (I hate having to register just to view the threads though).
__________________
Quote:
"Yet your argument is that of a retarded 11 year old, who is also crippled."
3hard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2007, 09:02   #44
F.K
Established International
 
F.K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Karachi, Pakistan
Team(s): Pakistan,England
Age: 43
Posts: 4,112
Send a message via MSN to F.K Send a message via Yahoo to F.K
Out numbered? i am possibly the only Pakistani supporter on here... who cares if one is outnumbered... no need to go anywhere i say.
__________________
Blog : Faisal Kapadia
F.K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2007, 09:09   #45
noelene
County 2nd Team
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by F.K View Post
Out numbered? i am possibly the only Pakistani supporter on here... who cares if one is outnumbered... no need to go anywhere i say.
Don't you post on Pakistani forums to discuss Pakistani cricket though?
Nothing wrong with this forum,but it is mainly English,seems to be only 2 Aussies on here.I only mean when you want to discuss things like the A tour.Something most people on here would not be interested in.I am not really interested in it either.I don't think it has any effect on selection,but it does give the young ones experience in overseas conditions.
noelene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2007, 09:34   #46
F.K
Established International
 
F.K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Karachi, Pakistan
Team(s): Pakistan,England
Age: 43
Posts: 4,112
Send a message via MSN to F.K Send a message via Yahoo to F.K
No i don't post on Pakistani forums... i used to before i came here but i did not feel the need to afterwards. I'm quite interested in this A tour but i have been hard pressed at work, why i am not here still me thinks Pak has made the correct spinning tracks and will take apart Australia.
__________________
Blog : Faisal Kapadia
F.K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2007, 09:58   #47
Rey
Administrator
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Castleford
Team(s): Yorkshire
Posts: 14,312
Quote:
Originally Posted by noelene View Post
3hard you should go to tavs if you wanna talk Aussie cricket.There are a couple of good Aussie posters in the forum.I hope I don't offend the mods on here for suggesting it,but you seem a bit out numbered on here.
http://www.off-the-wall-photography....wforum.php?f=7
If you do post there,don't take Keith too seriously.He hates Aussie cricket.
I politely suggest you should be pointing them over here, rather than the other way round.
__________________
"He has sat on the fence so long that the iron has entered his soul."
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2007, 10:22   #48
3hard
International Material
 
3hard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Adelaide
Team(s): The mighty redbacks.
Posts: 1,892
Quote:
Originally Posted by °Rey de España° View Post
I politely suggest you should be pointing them over here, rather than the other way round.
That was also my initial thought Rey

Although I must admit, the board seems to have lost a bit of it's edge since I started lurking around in mid 2006. I wonder whether it's because we lost some people in the phase-shift, or whether people have been put off from being controversial due to a perceived increase in bannings.

Or maybe it's just me.
__________________
Quote:
"Yet your argument is that of a retarded 11 year old, who is also crippled."
3hard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2007, 10:28   #49
F.K
Established International
 
F.K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Karachi, Pakistan
Team(s): Pakistan,England
Age: 43
Posts: 4,112
Send a message via MSN to F.K Send a message via Yahoo to F.K
may i Rey?
__________________
Blog : Faisal Kapadia
F.K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2007, 12:51   #50
Ronny Roundarm
Administrator
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Team(s): Yorks, England, Scotland
Posts: 3,265
I'd really prefer it if you don't go advertising the other site in that way. We don't go around advertising on other cricket related sites and they don't do it with us. There are occasional conversations with mods on the other sites though.

It is our wish to have posters from all around the world and be as inclusive as possible. The bans that have taken place have had nothing to do with any nationality issues apart from when we have posters deliberatly going out of their way to wind up other nationalites. We will , and have, dealt with this regarless of the nationalities involved.
Ronny Roundarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2007, 13:01   #51
3hard
International Material
 
3hard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Adelaide
Team(s): The mighty redbacks.
Posts: 1,892
I must have missed the post where someone was claiming bans occurred because of someones nationality. Unless it got deleted??
__________________
Quote:
"Yet your argument is that of a retarded 11 year old, who is also crippled."
3hard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2007, 13:07   #52
Maty
Posting God
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Team(s): Derybshire
Age: 30
Posts: 13,332
Send a message via MSN to Maty
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3hard View Post
I must have missed the post where someone was claiming bans occurred because of someones nationality. Unless it got deleted??
me and you both
Maty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2007, 03:18   #53
3hard
International Material
 
3hard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Adelaide
Team(s): The mighty redbacks.
Posts: 1,892
Back on topic.

4-day matches start tomorrow. Hopefully the selectors will have learnt from the one-day series and play two spinners. In fact they may even decide to play all three spinners at some stage, just for comparison sake:
Phil Jaques
Chris Rogers
Adam Voges (capt)
David Hussey
Luke Ronchi (wk)
James Hopes
Luke Butterworth
Cullen Bailey
Dan Cullen
Stuart MacGill
Doug Bollinger
This setup wouldn't be too dissimilar from the last Test Australia played against Bangladesh.
__________________
Quote:
"Yet your argument is that of a retarded 11 year old, who is also crippled."
3hard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2007, 11:13   #54
William
International Cricketer
 
William's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Team(s): Worcestershire, Hawthorn
Posts: 2,779
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3hard View Post
Back on topic.

4-day matches start tomorrow. Hopefully the selectors will have learnt from the one-day series and play two spinners. In fact they may even decide to play all three spinners at some stage, just for comparison sake:
Phil Jaques
Chris Rogers
Adam Voges (capt)
David Hussey
Luke Ronchi (wk)
James Hopes
Luke Butterworth
Cullen Bailey
Dan Cullen
Stuart MacGill
Doug Bollinger
This setup wouldn't be too dissimilar from the last Test Australia played against Bangladesh.
The top 4 looks great on paper, doesn't it? You wonder how much Hopes and Butterworth bring to the party with the ball but I guess you've got to have them in there if you're playing all 3 spinners.

Doug Bollinger? Really?
William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2007, 21:35   #55
F.K
Established International
 
F.K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Karachi, Pakistan
Team(s): Pakistan,England
Age: 43
Posts: 4,112
Send a message via MSN to F.K Send a message via Yahoo to F.K
bring em on... we shall kick their ass
__________________
Blog : Faisal Kapadia
F.K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2007, 23:23   #56
geoff_boycotts_grandmother
Administrator
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 28,417
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3hard View Post
Thanks Noelene, I'm not sure I'm up for a move right now, but I may have a look around (I hate having to register just to view the threads though).
Glad to hear you weren't thinking of moving, the board is a better place for your input. Living in England I almost certainly have an anglo-centric outlook on world cricket, so its good for that to be re-addressed with some Aussie (or elsewhere) perspectives.
geoff_boycotts_grandmother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2007, 02:40   #57
3hard
International Material
 
3hard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Adelaide
Team(s): The mighty redbacks.
Posts: 1,892
Quote:
Originally Posted by F.K View Post
bring em on... we shall kick their ass
Quote:
Originally Posted by F.K View Post
We are gonna kick everyones ass!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F.K View Post
we will beat their asses back :P
You are Peter Roebuck and I claim my 5 Kwacha.
__________________
Quote:
"Yet your argument is that of a retarded 11 year old, who is also crippled."
3hard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2007, 05:31   #58
3hard
International Material
 
3hard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Adelaide
Team(s): The mighty redbacks.
Posts: 1,892
As promised, Pakistan A have called up Hasan Raza to the team for the 4-day matches.

Congratulations to Sohail Tanvir for his promotion to the national team in SA. However if he bowls as many noballs and wides as he did against Australia A he will get hammered.

I also see from the above article that young Yousuf has got his, erm, 'arse' kicked.
__________________
Quote:
"Yet your argument is that of a retarded 11 year old, who is also crippled."
3hard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2007, 20:40   #59
F.K
Established International
 
F.K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Karachi, Pakistan
Team(s): Pakistan,England
Age: 43
Posts: 4,112
Send a message via MSN to F.K Send a message via Yahoo to F.K
Shahid Yousuf has apparently been punished because he left the Pakistan team without informing anyone to go home. He was on Sunday, also slapped with a fine of Rs 10,000 by the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB).

hehehe.... im happy cuz Hasan Raza the karachi captain is playing.

generally the faisalabad pitch is a dry and dusty belter... which just gets flatter and flatter so i expect spin to play a bit of a part here as well. Stuart mcgill coming in should def bolster that department for Aussies but lets see if you guys can take the heat.. its 44 C and up in Faisalabad.

Note to 3hard i dunna know what a kwacha is... but bring yr sun hat
__________________
Blog : Faisal Kapadia
F.K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2007, 22:04   #60
William
International Cricketer
 
William's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Team(s): Worcestershire, Hawthorn
Posts: 2,779
Pakistan 199 a.o.
Australia 109/0

Doug Bollinger took 3 wickets.

Doug Bollinger.
William is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 16:24.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© Cricket247.org