Cricket 24/7  

Welcome to the Cricket 24/7.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. There are also more forums available to members, such as the Lounge - where members chat about just about anything under the sun except cricket!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   Cricket 24/7 > Cricket Discussion Forums > International Cricket
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Casino Articles Terms of Use Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th March 2018, 16:00   #181
sanskritsimon
Posting God
 
sanskritsimon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Team(s): Arkholme Bees, Hackney Grasshoppers, Holy Cross Academicals
Posts: 10,721
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyduck View Post
Same team tonight or Willey in for Wood?
After Root's failures in the two matches we've won and his runs in the match we lost, I'd be replacing him with Hales.
sanskritsimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2018, 16:59   #182
Sir Coolerking
International Material
 
Sir Coolerking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Berks
Team(s): England, Sussex, Portsmouth
Posts: 1,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanskritsimon View Post
After Root's failures in the two matches we've won and his runs in the match we lost, I'd be replacing him with Hales.
Failure? In the last match he scored his 20 runs at significantly more than the overall run rate. This is precisely the kind of performance you've been abdicating. Thought you'd be delighted, now you want him dropped?
Sir Coolerking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2018, 17:44   #183
sanskritsimon
Posting God
 
sanskritsimon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Team(s): Arkholme Bees, Hackney Grasshoppers, Holy Cross Academicals
Posts: 10,721
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Coolerking View Post
Failure? In the last match he scored his 20 runs at significantly more than the overall run rate. This is precisely the kind of performance you've been abdicating. Thought you'd be delighted, now you want him dropped?
Stop it. It's already been roundly ascertained that you and I have nothing to learn from each other on this subject.
sanskritsimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2018, 21:54   #184
AJ101
International Material
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 1,830
No changes for England, still going for 6 bowlers. Ross Taylor in for Chapman (only question once he was fit was which of their under-performing batsman he'd come in for, quite a choice!).

NZ win the toss and choose to bowl, not seen the pitch but apparently it's a bit grassy.
AJ101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2018, 22:30   #185
Ali TT
Posting God
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 19,315
Small ground, big totals? Roy off to a flier, NZ fielding all over the shop.

Does anyone do any work in Dunedin?
__________________
WARNING
Reading the above post may cause bouts of nausea.
Ali TT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2018, 22:37   #186
Ali TT
Posting God
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 19,315
Well that was a terrible review, but at least we spent a good couple of minutes proving that the ball hit the pad first before working out that it pitched down leg and was going miles over the stumps.
__________________
WARNING
Reading the above post may cause bouts of nausea.
Ali TT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2018, 22:44   #187
Chin Music
Administrator
 
Chin Music's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: la sala de opinion equivocada
Team(s): ****
Posts: 24,355
Let alone rubbish field, what is Williamson playing at? Has left it at least 4 overs late before bringing on De Grandhomme. Personally I would have gone for a spinner. I reckon Roy would start scratching around more v spin for one.
__________________
Quote:
"One of the greatest problems of our time is that many are schooled but few are educated" - Thomas More
Chin Music is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2018, 22:51   #188
Notts Exile
International Cricketer
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Berkshire
Team(s): Notts and Forest
Posts: 2,488
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali TT View Post
Well that was a terrible review, but at least we spent a good couple of minutes proving that the ball hit the pad first before working out that it pitched down leg and was going miles over the stumps.
I do wonder why they donít examine the obvious first sometimes. Ask the umpire why he didnít give it maybe? That was always going to be high and potentially pitching outside leg.

Good start. Love our tours down there, the commentary is far better than in Oz. Smithy and Co are great.

Roy throws it away.
Notts Exile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2018, 22:53   #189
AJ101
International Material
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 1,830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chin Music View Post
Let alone rubbish field, what is Williamson playing at? Has left it at least 4 overs late before bringing on De Grandhomme. Personally I would have gone for a spinner. I reckon Roy would start scratching around more v spin for one.
Roy gone to spin, not sure why batsman just don't let it go for a wide when it's going down the leg side.

Looks a lovely batting surface although there's a bit of spongy bounce, not sure what cricinfo was on about saying it was grassy.
AJ101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2018, 23:01   #190
Chin Music
Administrator
 
Chin Music's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: la sala de opinion equivocada
Team(s): ****
Posts: 24,355
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ101 View Post
Roy gone to spin, not sure why batsman just don't let it go for a wide when it's going down the leg side.

Looks a lovely batting surface although there's a bit of spongy bounce, not sure what cricinfo was on about saying it was grassy.
Thought he might struggle v spin. Even so it allows Root and YJB to set themselves a bit. A few overs earlier and they might have got bogged down a bit.
__________________
Quote:
"One of the greatest problems of our time is that many are schooled but few are educated" - Thomas More
Chin Music is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2018, 23:13   #191
AJ101
International Material
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 1,830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chin Music View Post
Thought he might struggle v spin. Even so it allows Root and YJB to set themselves a bit. A few overs earlier and they might have got bogged down a bit.
Have to have a chuckle about Bairstow not being able to pick Sodhis wrong'un despite being a keeper and then a retort saying that he doesn't keep to Sodhi.

I guess they've never watched Bairstow keeping to Rashid as he never picks him and he must have been playing with him for decade!
AJ101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2018, 23:16   #192
Ali TT
Posting God
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 19,315
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notts Exile View Post
I do wonder why they donít examine the obvious first sometimes. Ask the umpire why he didnít give it maybe? That was always going to be high and potentially pitching outside leg.

Good start. Love our tours down there, the commentary is far better than in Oz. Smithy and Co are great.

Roy throws it away.
And further time wasted to confirm an obvious catch was indeed an obvious catch.
__________________
WARNING
Reading the above post may cause bouts of nausea.
Ali TT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2018, 23:17   #193
Ali TT
Posting God
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 19,315
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ101 View Post
Have to have a chuckle about Bairstow not being able to pick Sodhis wrong'un despite being a keeper and then a retort saying that he doesn't keep to Sodhi.

I guess they've never watched Bairstow keeping to Rashid as he never picks him and he must have been playing with him for decade!
I think he picked that leggie
__________________
WARNING
Reading the above post may cause bouts of nausea.
Ali TT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2018, 23:18   #194
AJ101
International Material
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 1,830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali TT View Post
I think he picked that leggie
Haha read this post just as the shot was being played, Skygo is a bit behind!
AJ101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2018, 23:31   #195
DanielVettoriSpin
International Cricketer
 
DanielVettoriSpin's Avatar
DeviousVettoriSpin plots the downfall of another unfortunate
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Wellington, NZ
Team(s): New Zealand, Essex & England
Posts: 2,684
Send a message via Yahoo to DanielVettoriSpin
This is already looking like a formidable score for Dunners. Not sure what the weather forecast is like though - absolutely tipping it down in Wellington. Nice cold Southerly too.
__________________
Supporting
Essex County Cricket Club, Wellington, Peter Such and Iain O'Brien
DanielVettoriSpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2018, 23:56   #196
mustardcharlie
Established International
 
mustardcharlie's Avatar
You know there ain't no devil: It's just God when he's drun
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bedfordshire
Team(s): Yorkshire, England, LUFC, Otley RFC.
Age: 66
Posts: 4,798
Bad drop by Santa. JB could get lots here. 159 -1. Big biffers to come. 350 -400 is on here.
__________________
Answers 3d
Answers (requiring thought) 6d
Answers (correct) 1s
mustardcharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2018, 00:29   #197
AJ101
International Material
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 1,830
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustardcharlie View Post
Bad drop by Santa. JB could get lots here. 159 -1. Big biffers to come. 350 -400 is on here.
England will go for it now looking for over 400.
AJ101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2018, 01:09   #198
mustardcharlie
Established International
 
mustardcharlie's Avatar
You know there ain't no devil: It's just God when he's drun
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bedfordshire
Team(s): Yorkshire, England, LUFC, Otley RFC.
Age: 66
Posts: 4,798
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ101 View Post
England will go for it now looking for over 400.
Not any more AJ. Pathetic from the much vaunted middle order. Will do well to get 350 now.
__________________
Answers 3d
Answers (requiring thought) 6d
Answers (correct) 1s
mustardcharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2018, 01:14   #199
AJ101
International Material
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 1,830
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustardcharlie View Post
Not any more AJ. Pathetic from the much vaunted middle order. Will do well to get 350 now.
Well they did go for it looking for I guess 400+, it's all going a bit pete now though.
AJ101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2018, 01:28   #200
stevieh
Administrator
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Team(s): England, Kent, Canada
Posts: 7,145
Root playing for singles and his ton rather than taking charge, while the collapse happens all around him, and England jammed the innings into reverse there, before Curran saved our blushes somewhat with 22 off 10 and 18 off the last.

Last edited by stevieh : 7th March 2018 at 01:56.
stevieh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:05.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© Cricket247.org