Cricket 24/7  

Welcome to the Cricket 24/7.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. There are also more forums available to members, such as the Lounge - where members chat about just about anything under the sun except cricket!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   Cricket 24/7 > Cricket Discussion Forums > The Kim Jones Domestic Cricket Forum
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Casino Articles Terms of Use Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th March 2013, 14:17   #1
VeganUprising
Bat In Hand
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 3
Miserly Derek!

Bizarre Derbyshire second innings scorecard!

http://static.espncricinfo.com/db/AR...03SEP1985.html
VeganUprising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2013, 20:56   #2
Warleybear
International Cricketer
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,256
Surrey werent too clever in thier first innings in this match...

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engin...ch/468581.html


Still got a nice draw though ........
Warleybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2013, 10:18   #3
Aidan11
Harmisonesque
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Somewhere cold and wet
Posts: 40,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warleybear View Post
Surrey werent too clever in thier first innings in this match...

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engin...ch/468581.html


Still got a nice draw though ........
Remember that match well.

Good anecdote concerning Henry Blofeld - he was writing on the game for one of the papers but had another engagement later in the day where he had to leave the game an hour early.

So before he left he phoned his report through to the paper and for the final hour he told them "Just put in the final sentence Surrey were (blank) for (blank) at the close", expecting them to be something like 25 for 2.

The next day the paper said "Surrey were 14 for 10 at the close".
Aidan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2013, 10:53   #4
paulsre
World Class
 
paulsre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In a class 101 Met Cam time machine to the past
Team(s): Stockholm Taverners CC, Farsta BCCE, County cricket, MCCU cricket, England, Scarborough CC
Posts: 6,115
http://cricketarchive.com/Archive/Sc.../21/21750.html
paulsre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2013, 12:32   #5
Summer of '77
Legendary
 
Summer of '77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: London-Essex
Team(s): Kent, Essex, Surrey Stars
Posts: 9,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeganUprising View Post
Bizarre Derbyshire second innings scorecard!

http://static.espncricinfo.com/db/AR...03SEP1985.html
Kent might have prevailed in that game had Richard Ellison not been away winning The Ashes for England.

Or if Graham Johnson hadn't thrown away his job by walking out during the Kent v Aus game a few weeks previously.

Last edited by Summer of '77 : 29th March 2013 at 12:48.
Summer of '77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2013, 14:28   #6
Warleybear
International Cricketer
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aidan11 View Post
Remember that match well.

Good anecdote concerning Henry Blofeld - he was writing on the game for one of the papers but had another engagement later in the day where he had to leave the game an hour early.

So before he left he phoned his report through to the paper and for the final hour he told them "Just put in the final sentence Surrey were (blank) for (blank) at the close", expecting them to be something like 25 for 2.

The next day the paper said "Surrey were 14 for 10 at the close".
A but of an understatement.

Got me thinking... there are certain games in recent history, that have an "I was there" feel about them. e.g.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/523316.html

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/142289.html
Warleybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:00.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Cricket247.org