Cricket 24/7  

Welcome to the Cricket 24/7.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. There are also more forums available to members, such as the Lounge - where members chat about just about anything under the sun except cricket!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   Cricket 24/7 > Cricket Discussion Forums > The Kim Jones Domestic Cricket Forum
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Casino Articles Terms of Use Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th October 2007, 10:50   #41
3hard
International Material
 
3hard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Adelaide
Team(s): The mighty redbacks.
Posts: 1,892
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabinboy View Post
SA will finish last.
I'm sure we will overcome bad luck with weather, poor umpiring decisions, injuries and cheating opposition to beat all comers this year.
__________________
Quote:
"Yet your argument is that of a retarded 11 year old, who is also crippled."
3hard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2007, 10:54   #42
GloriousGloucesters
World Class
 
GloriousGloucesters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Chippenham, Wiltshire
Team(s): Gloucestershire CCC, Swindon Town FC
Age: 37
Posts: 6,592
Queensland currently 61-6 - Jimmy Maher must have brought home Glamorgan's art in top-order batting.
__________________
"You want the moon on a stick"
GloriousGloucesters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2007, 11:36   #43
geoff_boycotts_grandmother
Administrator
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 28,315
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloriousGloucesters View Post
Queensland currently 61-6 - Jimmy Maher must have brought home Glamorgan's art in top-order batting.
Scott Brant opening the bowling for them?
geoff_boycotts_grandmother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2007, 12:00   #44
Aidan11
Harmisonesque
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Somewhere cold and wet
Posts: 40,206
I notice Cricinfo actually gives ball-by-ball commentary even though its a domestic game.

They dont do that for our domestic programme
Aidan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2007, 12:50   #45
3hard
International Material
 
3hard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Adelaide
Team(s): The mighty redbacks.
Posts: 1,892
Quote:
Originally Posted by geoff_boycotts_grandmother View Post
Scott Brant opening the bowling for them?
Bichel was a last minute withdrawal. Possibly due to a car accident (rumour only).
__________________
Quote:
"Yet your argument is that of a retarded 11 year old, who is also crippled."
3hard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2007, 13:05   #46
Archimandrite Herring
International Material
 
Archimandrite Herring's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Team(s): Northants, England
Age: 40
Posts: 1,449
Quote:
Originally Posted by geoff_boycotts_grandmother View Post
Scott Brant opening the bowling for them?
I like his cricinfo profile. They imply that Essex were solely responsible for his descent into mediocrity:

Quote:
However, his progress slowed dramatically after he played two seasons with Essex, and he hasn't appeared in a first-class game since 2004.
Archimandrite Herring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2007, 13:10   #47
geoff_boycotts_grandmother
Administrator
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 28,315
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3hard View Post
Bichel was a last minute withdrawal. Possibly due to a car accident (rumour only).
Crumbs, I hope Bichel is OK. Did a fantastic job for Essex this season (much in contrast to Brant's spell).
geoff_boycotts_grandmother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2007, 14:09   #48
cabinboy
Posting God
 
cabinboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 13,717
This has been a very sad day in Australian cricket.
cabinboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2007, 14:14   #49
geoff_boycotts_grandmother
Administrator
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 28,315
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabinboy View Post
This has been a very sad day in Australian cricket.
Why?
geoff_boycotts_grandmother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2007, 14:21   #50
3hard
International Material
 
3hard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Adelaide
Team(s): The mighty redbacks.
Posts: 1,892
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabinboy View Post
This has been a very sad day in Australian cricket.
Not a good start for the defending champs - mind you pretty difficult with so much of the team absent. Double bonus points for Tassie.

Bichel's problem was apparently a late shoulder injury and he will also miss the Pura Cup game starting on Friday.
__________________
Quote:
"Yet your argument is that of a retarded 11 year old, who is also crippled."
3hard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2007, 17:02   #51
collingwood5
World Class
 
collingwood5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Melbourne
Team(s): England, Victoria, Collingwood
Posts: 6,361
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabinboy View Post
Queensland, the Tassies can't possibly pull a rabbit out of the hat two years running. NSW ought to be good but most of their paklyers are playing for Australia. So, it'll be up to Victoria and Western Australia to try to curb the bullrush.

SA will finish last.
SA to finish last, really going out on a limb with that prediction

As for QLD, would be a miracle for the retirement home team to win and the only even half decent player they have that is under 30 has the body of a 40 year old

Vics will win it unless we lose half a dozen quicks to injury for more than half the season
__________________
Paul Collingwood- Our Cricketing God
Englands first and only World Champion Captain!!!!!!!
There has never been a better English limited overs player
collingwood5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2007, 23:48   #52
3hard
International Material
 
3hard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Adelaide
Team(s): The mighty redbacks.
Posts: 1,892
Quote:
Originally Posted by collingwood5 View Post
Vics will win it unless we lose half a dozen quicks to injury for more than half the season
Well that shouldn't be a problem - looking at the squad it seems like you don't have any quicks to lose...
__________________
Quote:
"Yet your argument is that of a retarded 11 year old, who is also crippled."
3hard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2007, 04:09   #53
3hard
International Material
 
3hard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Adelaide
Team(s): The mighty redbacks.
Posts: 1,892
So Tasmania won easily. Seems like Tassie second-stringers outplayed the QLD second-stringers.

Interesting to note the performances of these Tasmanians:
Tim Paine, the 22 yo keeper whose 73* was the only +50 score in the match. He is now averaging nearly 40 in one-dayers;
23 yo seamer Brendan Drew who took 3/15. I have mentioned him previously and it will be interesting to see how he comes on this year;
Mark Divin, who made his debut tonight (at the age of 27!). He scored 41 runs off 39 balls (not bad in a low-scoring game), bowled 2 overs and took 1 for 4, and also took a good outfield catch.
__________________
Quote:
"Yet your argument is that of a retarded 11 year old, who is also crippled."
3hard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2007, 07:04   #54
3hard
International Material
 
3hard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Adelaide
Team(s): The mighty redbacks.
Posts: 1,892
Domestic first class season starts (has started) today. Tasmania are the current champions and are taking on the banana benders at the Gabba.

Table from last season.
...........................P...WO...WI...D...LI... LO...Points
Tasmania..............10...6.....1.....-....1...2.....38
New South Wales...10...4.....1.....-....2...3.....28
Victoria................10...4.....-.....-....3...3.....26
Queensland...........10...4.....1.....-....1...4.....26
Western Australia...10...3.....3.....-....-...4.....26
South Australia......10...1.....2.....-....1...6.....12

Can Qld bounce back from their one-day thrashing by the tigers the other night? All early indications point to '**** yeah!!!'.
__________________
Quote:
"Yet your argument is that of a retarded 11 year old, who is also crippled."

Last edited by 3hard : 12th October 2007 at 07:14. Reason: Added some words
3hard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2007, 07:16   #55
3hard
International Material
 
3hard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Adelaide
Team(s): The mighty redbacks.
Posts: 1,892
Also WA and NSW are playing a day-nighter at the Gabba. Several fringe Aussie players in the mix there.
__________________
Quote:
"Yet your argument is that of a retarded 11 year old, who is also crippled."
3hard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2007, 07:54   #56
GloriousGloucesters
World Class
 
GloriousGloucesters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Chippenham, Wiltshire
Team(s): Gloucestershire CCC, Swindon Town FC
Age: 37
Posts: 6,592
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3hard View Post
Domestic first class season starts (has started) today. Tasmania are the current champions and are taking on the banana benders at the Gabba.

Can Qld bounce back from their one-day thrashing by the tigers the other night? All early indications point to '**** yeah!!!'.
Ashley Noffke 5-33 as Tasmania are skittled for 158.
__________________
"You want the moon on a stick"
GloriousGloucesters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2007, 09:06   #57
GloriousGloucesters
World Class
 
GloriousGloucesters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Chippenham, Wiltshire
Team(s): Gloucestershire CCC, Swindon Town FC
Age: 37
Posts: 6,592
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3hard View Post
Also WA and NSW are playing a day-nighter at the Gabba. Several fringe Aussie players in the mix there.
WA seem on course for a decent score despite a failure from Langer. No Marcus North though - is he injured?
__________________
"You want the moon on a stick"
GloriousGloucesters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2007, 09:14   #58
3hard
International Material
 
3hard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Adelaide
Team(s): The mighty redbacks.
Posts: 1,892
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloriousGloucesters View Post
WA seem on course for a decent score despite a failure from Langer. No Marcus North though - is he injured?
Yes - he has a knee problem and will be out for a couple of weeks. I see Ronchi had a great start to the season, 104 runs from 92 balls. Australia could field a team with three 'keepers and still do OK!
__________________
Quote:
"Yet your argument is that of a retarded 11 year old, who is also crippled."
3hard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2007, 12:04   #59
Aidan11
Harmisonesque
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Somewhere cold and wet
Posts: 40,206
Katich & Jacques putting on a decent stand for NSW.
Aidan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2007, 12:39   #60
High Druid Nathan Barley
Posting God
 
High Druid Nathan Barley's Avatar
Don't look at me with those freak show eyes
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Shrewsbury
Team(s): Essex, Southend
Age: 42
Posts: 12,012
Interesting to see Langer opening and Rogers in the middle order for this one day game.
__________________
Then one day it happened, she cut her hair and I stopped loving her.

Self defence is not simply about punching someone repeatedly in the face until they're unconscious, is it?

She took all I had and then she fed me dirt.
High Druid Nathan Barley is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 23:08.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Cricket247.org