Cricket 24/7  

Welcome to the Cricket 24/7.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. There are also more forums available to members, such as the Lounge - where members chat about just about anything under the sun except cricket!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   Cricket 24/7 > Cricket Discussion Forums > The Kim Jones Domestic Cricket Forum
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Casino Articles Terms of Use Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th August 2016, 18:30   #41
Ali TT
Posting God
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 19,827
Get him in the touring squad now!
__________________
WARNING
Reading the above post may cause bouts of nausea.
Ali TT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2016, 20:25   #42
geoff_boycotts_grandmother
Administrator
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 28,432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
Yup. First teenage opener ever to score 3 CC 100s in a season.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali TT View Post
Get him in the touring squad now!
I think this might be tongue in cheek, but he's starting to win me round to including him. This was against the best county side, he scored a run a ball off the leg-spinner (ok, it was Rashid so that scoring-rate's not that impressive).

Our two best batsman both debuted in India when young and inexperienced and both shone. Root had 4 fc hundreds to his name; Cook 6.

You wouldn't necessarily have to pick him, but if he impressed Thorpe sufficiently then you could promote him.

What I'd be interested in is seeing a breakdown of season by season fc strike-rates for Hameed and Root.

Gabe - is this something you have?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle Fivefer
It was a poor innings by Bell with the bat.
geoff_boycotts_grandmother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2016, 23:52   #43
Ali TT
Posting God
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 19,827
Quote:
Originally Posted by geoff_boycotts_grandmother View Post




I think this might be tongue in cheek, but he's starting to win me round to including him. This was against the best county side, he scored a run a ball off the leg-spinner (ok, it was Rashid so that scoring-rate's not that impressive).

Our two best batsman both debuted in India when young and inexperienced and both shone. Root had 4 fc hundreds to his name; Cook 6.

You wouldn't necessarily have to pick him, but if he impressed Thorpe sufficiently then you could promote him.

What I'd be interested in is seeing a breakdown of season by season fc strike-rates for Hameed and Root.

Gabe - is this something you have?
I think it's time to move on from Vince and Ballance. Hales could come back down the order but that leaves a gap up top still. Perhaps there is a need to switch to the next generation, but in reality I don't know enough about him.
__________________
WARNING
Reading the above post may cause bouts of nausea.
Ali TT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2016, 00:48   #44
Gabe
County 2nd Team
 
Gabe's Avatar
oopsupziderhead
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: M16
Team(s): Somerset CCC
Posts: 218
Quote:
Originally Posted by geoff_boycotts_grandmother View Post
... What I'd be interested in is seeing a breakdown of season by season fc strike-rates for Hameed and Root.

Gabe - is this something you have?
Code:
========================================================================================================================
                        Hameed                              Root                                   Cook
         ----------------------------------   -----------------------------------   ------------------------------------ 
   Age     Yr    I        R     Ave      SR     Yr    I        R      Ave      SR     Yr    I         R      Ave      SR
========================================================================================================================
    18   2015    6      257   42.83   36.82                                         2003    6       239    47.80   65.66
    19   2016   20      956   53.11   36.98                                         2004   21       568    29.89   55.63
    20                                        2011   30      937    36.04   43.66   2005   28     1,249    48.04   55.73
    21                                        2012   19      738    43.41   59.37   2006    5       424   141.33   67.30
    22                                        2013    3      467   155.67   66.71   2007    5       294    58.80   64.33
    23                                        2014    6      275    45.83   71.61   2008    6       217    36.17   65.56
    24                                        2016    3      240    80.00   87.91   2009   15       493    35.21   54.12
    25                                                                              2010   12       474    39.50   54.11
    26                                                                              2011   12       504    42.00   57.34
    27                                                                              2012    3        15     5.00   20.00
    28                                                                              2013    4       157    39.25   37.83
    29                                                                              2014    5       386    77.20   60.31
    30                                                                              2015    5       135    27.00   52.12
    31                                                                              2016    9       573   114.60   48.56
Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2016, 13:33   #45
Summer of '77
Legendary
 
Summer of '77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: London-Essex
Team(s): Kent, Essex, Surrey Stars
Posts: 9,325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
Yup. First teenage opener ever to score 3 CC 100s in a season.
It's 4 now !
Summer of '77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2016, 13:36   #46
Minor Maggie
Buttleresque
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Leeds
Team(s): Lancashire, England
Posts: 26,762
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer of '77 View Post
It's 4 now !
First Lancs player to score a century in each innings against Yorkshire.

Minor Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2016, 13:38   #47
Summer of '77
Legendary
 
Summer of '77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: London-Essex
Team(s): Kent, Essex, Surrey Stars
Posts: 9,325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minor Maggie View Post
First Lancs player to score a century in each innings against Yorkshire.

Wow, great stat....and a surprising one.
Summer of '77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2016, 13:42   #48
geoff_boycotts_grandmother
Administrator
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 28,432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
Code:
========================================================================================================================
                        Hameed                              Root                                   Cook
         ----------------------------------   -----------------------------------   ------------------------------------ 
   Age     Yr    I        R     Ave      SR     Yr    I        R      Ave      SR     Yr    I         R      Ave      SR
========================================================================================================================
    18   2015    6      257   42.83   36.82                                         2003    6       239    47.80   65.66
    19   2016   20      956   53.11   36.98                                         2004   21       568    29.89   55.63
    20                                        2011   30      937    36.04   43.66   2005   28     1,249    48.04   55.73
    21                                        2012   19      738    43.41   59.37   2006    5       424   141.33   67.30
    22                                        2013    3      467   155.67   66.71   2007    5       294    58.80   64.33
    23                                        2014    6      275    45.83   71.61   2008    6       217    36.17   65.56
    24                                        2016    3      240    80.00   87.91   2009   15       493    35.21   54.12
    25                                                                              2010   12       474    39.50   54.11
    26                                                                              2011   12       504    42.00   57.34
    27                                                                              2012    3        15     5.00   20.00
    28                                                                              2013    4       157    39.25   37.83
    29                                                                              2014    5       386    77.20   60.31
    30                                                                              2015    5       135    27.00   52.12
    31                                                                              2016    9       573   114.60   48.56
Excellent stuff.

I didn't realise Cook was such a dasher.

Hameed is a fair bit slower than either (and check out Root's season on season increases) but his century today was off 124 balls.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle Fivefer
It was a poor innings by Bell with the bat.
geoff_boycotts_grandmother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2016, 15:02   #49
Gabe
County 2nd Team
 
Gabe's Avatar
oopsupziderhead
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: M16
Team(s): Somerset CCC
Posts: 218
Hey, look: our stat got into the papers: https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...p-match-report
Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2016, 15:42   #50
geoff_boycotts_grandmother
Administrator
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 28,432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
Hey, look: our stat got into the papers: https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...p-match-report


@ Graham Hardcastle
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle Fivefer
It was a poor innings by Bell with the bat.
geoff_boycotts_grandmother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2016, 22:50   #51
Fatslogger
Self Confessed Mentalist
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Hitchin
Team(s): England and Liverpool
Age: 42
Posts: 43,721
Quote:
Originally Posted by geoff_boycotts_grandmother View Post
Excellent stuff.

I didn't realise Cook was such a dasher.

Hameed is a fair bit slower than either (and check out Root's season on season increases) but his century today was off 124 balls.
I didn't realise Cook was included until you mentioned it and I scrolled across!

Hameed has done amazingly well but if he does tour India, it will be indicative of just how desperately short of really convincing looking batting alternatives we have, given that he'll have had one and a bit county seasons and not even a Lions tour.
__________________
Work is the curse of the drinking classes - Wilde
Fatslogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2016, 11:34   #52
JRC67
International Material
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 1,777
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatslogger View Post
I didn't realise Cook was included until you mentioned it and I scrolled across!

Hameed has done amazingly well but if he does tour India, it will be indicative of just how desperately short of really convincing looking batting alternatives we have, given that he'll have had one and a bit county seasons and not even a Lions tour.
I was a bit sceptical until I saw him this week, but he does look a player who would be a natural test player. Seems a very calm and composed young man. Of all the openers in division 1 only Keaton Jennings has scored more centuries this season. I'd be tempted to take him, but maybe let him bat at 4.
JRC67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2016, 18:54   #53
geoff_boycotts_grandmother
Administrator
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 28,432
Quote:
Originally Posted by geoff_boycotts_grandmother View Post
Gabe's stats are out of date already.

Dan Lawrence, who turned 19 on Tuesday, becomes the third teenager to score two championship hundreds this season.
And the second teenager to score three championship hundreds this season (Joe Clarke turned 20 by the time of his third).

It might not look it now but this was a big knock when his team were under a lot of pressure
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle Fivefer
It was a poor innings by Bell with the bat.
geoff_boycotts_grandmother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2016, 10:36   #54
Summer of '77
Legendary
 
Summer of '77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: London-Essex
Team(s): Kent, Essex, Surrey Stars
Posts: 9,325
I got to take a look at Hameed at The Oval over the past few days - batting, fielding and bowling!

In compiling his 26 on Tuesday morning, he showed the attributes for which he's become noted. Correct, compact and composed, happy to leave and nullify the ball, pushing it around adeptly. And then he launched an attempted hook off Meaker and was caught behind - seemingly out of character but I wonder if his recent purple patch has buoyed him up to venture more expansive strokes?

His fielding was keen and he took a catch off Sanga at gully, which in all seriousness, you wouldn't have expected a pro to have any difficulty with.
Summer of '77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2016, 21:05   #55
Fred
County Pro
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 979
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer of '77 View Post
I got to take a look at Hameed at The Oval over the past few days - batting, fielding and bowling!

In compiling his 26 on Tuesday morning, he showed the attributes for which he's become noted. Correct, compact and composed, happy to leave and nullify the ball, pushing it around adeptly. And then he launched an attempted hook off Meaker and was caught behind - seemingly out of character but I wonder if his recent purple patch has buoyed him up to venture more expansive strokes?

His fielding was keen and he took a catch off Sanga at gully, which in all seriousness, you wouldn't have expected a pro to have any difficulty with.
Agree ... but came off second best to Footitt today - surprisingly.
Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2016, 22:53   #56
Ali TT
Posting God
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 19,827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred View Post
Agree ... but came off second best to Footitt today - surprisingly.
Hard to say he's got a weakness for international pace bowling at this stage of his career but he's probably not faced many of Meaker or Footitt's speed to date.
__________________
WARNING
Reading the above post may cause bouts of nausea.
Ali TT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2016, 13:27   #57
sanskritsimon
Posting God
 
sanskritsimon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Team(s): Arkholme Bees, Hackney Grasshoppers, Holy Cross Academicals
Posts: 10,849
Another one yesterday, from Glamorgan's Kiran Carlson (18).
sanskritsimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2016, 14:22   #58
Summer of '77
Legendary
 
Summer of '77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: London-Essex
Team(s): Kent, Essex, Surrey Stars
Posts: 9,325
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanskritsimon View Post
Another one yesterday, from Glamorgan's Kiran Carlson (18).
He actually batted very well, coming in with Glammy in a bit of strife. Solid in defence and crisp of drive. Got turfed by Lawrence in the sixties but I kinda thought he deserved a bit of luck.
Summer of '77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2016, 11:43   #59
WeAreKent
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 838
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer of '77 View Post
He actually batted very well, coming in with Glammy in a bit of strife. Solid in defence and crisp of drive. Got turfed by Lawrence in the sixties but I kinda thought he deserved a bit of luck.
Apparently Glamorgan have four batsmen under 21 who have scored f/c centuries this season. They might currently be the second worst red ball side in the country, but perhaps in the longer term it's not all doom and gloom at Cardiff?
WeAreKent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2016, 08:30   #60
Summer of '77
Legendary
 
Summer of '77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: London-Essex
Team(s): Kent, Essex, Surrey Stars
Posts: 9,325
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeAreKent View Post
Apparently Glamorgan have four batsmen under 21 who have scored f/c centuries this season. They might currently be the second worst red ball side in the country, but perhaps in the longer term it's not all doom and gloom at Cardiff?
All they have to do is work out how to put their kit in the boot of their cars and it'll be happy days.
Summer of '77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:19.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Cricket247.org