Cricket 24/7  

Welcome to the Cricket 24/7.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. There are also more forums available to members, such as the Lounge - where members chat about just about anything under the sun except cricket!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   Cricket 24/7 > Cricket Discussion Forums > The Kim Jones Domestic Cricket Forum
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Casino Articles Terms of Use Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th June 2018, 14:49   #81
paulsre
World Class
 
paulsre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In a class 101 Met Cam time machine to the past
Team(s): Stockholm Taverners CC, Farsta BCCE, County cricket, MCCU cricket, England, Scarborough CC
Posts: 6,116
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hanging Monkey View Post
Durham fighting back well against Derbyshire after an awful first innings.
70 extras so far.
paulsre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2018, 13:30   #82
Aidan11
Harmisonesque
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Somewhere cold and wet
Posts: 40,207
From 96 all out to victory by 95 runs.

Durham don't like to win the easy way.
Aidan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2018, 16:49   #83
stevieh
Administrator
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Team(s): England, Kent, Canada
Posts: 7,145
Kent are making heavy weather of knocking over Gloucester, and may just come up short in the final session here.
stevieh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2018, 17:00   #84
Summer of '77
Legendary
 
Summer of '77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: London-Essex
Team(s): Kent, Essex, Surrey Stars
Posts: 9,156
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevieh View Post
Kent are making heavy weather of knocking over Gloucester, and may just come up short in the final session here.
So far, this is the first Championship innings of the season in which Matt Henry hasn't taken at least 3 wickets. That's probably the main reason why this is heading towards a draw rather than a teatime win for Kent.
Summer of '77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2018, 17:52   #85
Summer of '77
Legendary
 
Summer of '77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: London-Essex
Team(s): Kent, Essex, Surrey Stars
Posts: 9,156
A maiden f-c wicket for Daniel Bell-Drummond!
Summer of '77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2018, 18:27   #86
geoff_boycotts_grandmother
Administrator
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 28,319
Sussex are rollocking along at Arundel, nearly 4.5 runs an over.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle Fivefer
It was a poor innings by Bell with the bat.
geoff_boycotts_grandmother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2018, 12:52   #87
paulsre
World Class
 
paulsre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In a class 101 Met Cam time machine to the past
Team(s): Stockholm Taverners CC, Farsta BCCE, County cricket, MCCU cricket, England, Scarborough CC
Posts: 6,116
Quote:
Originally Posted by geoff_boycotts_grandmother View Post
Sussex are rollocking along at Arundel, nearly 4.5 runs an over.
Yes, more runs for Burgess, who we have mentioned elsewhere, falling just short of a ton.
paulsre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2018, 13:06   #88
gmdf
County Pro
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 681
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulsre View Post
Yes, more runs for Burgess, who we have mentioned elsewhere, falling just short of a ton.

He looked a very good batsman when playing versus us (Kent) earlier in the season.
gmdf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2018, 16:51   #89
sharky
Posting God
 
sharky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sunny Sussex
Team(s): Sussex, England
Posts: 10,922
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmdf View Post
He looked a very good batsman when playing versus us (Kent) earlier in the season.
As good a straight drive as I've seen in county cricket I think.
__________________
She was like a candle in the wind...Unreliable
sharky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2018, 12:40   #90
sharky
Posting God
 
sharky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sunny Sussex
Team(s): Sussex, England
Posts: 10,922
Decent collapse by Durham
__________________
She was like a candle in the wind...Unreliable
sharky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2018, 12:59   #91
Summer of '77
Legendary
 
Summer of '77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: London-Essex
Team(s): Kent, Essex, Surrey Stars
Posts: 9,156
The encounter at Tunbridge Wells could yet to turn out to be one of the more remarkable Championship games in recent history. Twenty wickets fell on Day 1, Kent then racked up 446-8d and, set a gargantuan 519 to win, Warks aren't faring at all badly at 315-3. Plenty of overs remaining.
Summer of '77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2018, 17:10   #92
Summer of '77
Legendary
 
Summer of '77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: London-Essex
Team(s): Kent, Essex, Surrey Stars
Posts: 9,156
No record run chase for Warks as Kent skipper Denly completes a MoM performance, adding 3-24 to his first innings top score and second innings century.

Warks remain top of Div Two, eight points ahead of Kent.
Summer of '77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2018, 17:26   #93
stevieh
Administrator
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Team(s): England, Kent, Canada
Posts: 7,145
Kent prevailed in the final session, thankfully. It was looking very promising for the leaders for a long, long time there for a record-breaking chase.
stevieh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2018, 18:52   #94
Poplar
Bat In Hand
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevieh View Post
Kent prevailed in the final session, thankfully. It was looking very promising for the leaders for a long, long time there for a record-breaking chase.
What is to be thankful for? The wrong side won. Tunbridge Wells Council rigged up the pitch, and Warwickshire (despite 440 in the fourth innings) lost through that.

I look forward to Warwickshire winning Div 2, Leicestershire being promoted with us, and Kent staying where they deserve because of this cheating.
Poplar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2018, 18:55   #95
Summer of '77
Legendary
 
Summer of '77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: London-Essex
Team(s): Kent, Essex, Surrey Stars
Posts: 9,156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poplar View Post
What is to be thankful for? The wrong side won. Tunbridge Wells Council rigged up the pitch, and Warwickshire (despite 440 in the fourth innings) lost through that.

I look forward to Warwickshire winning Div 2, Leicestershire being promoted with us, and Kent staying where they deserve because of this cheating.
Uhh? Even if the pitch was 'rigged', the uncontested toss rule allowed Warks to put Kent in. They did, and Kent outbatted them on Day One.

Last edited by Summer of '77 : 23rd June 2018 at 19:05.
Summer of '77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2018, 19:28   #96
gmdf
County Pro
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 681
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poplar View Post
What is to be thankful for? The wrong side won. Tunbridge Wells Council rigged up the pitch, and Warwickshire (despite 440 in the fourth innings) lost through that.

I look forward to Warwickshire winning Div 2, Leicestershire being promoted with us, and Kent staying where they deserve because of this cheating.

I think if you have any evidence as to how Tunbridge Wells council "rigged up the pitch", then they as well as Kent CCC and all their supporters would like to hear it....especially if you can also explain how they forced Warwickshire to choose to bowl first and then bat so badly they conceded a significant first innings lead.
gmdf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2018, 22:49   #97
stevieh
Administrator
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Team(s): England, Kent, Canada
Posts: 7,145
Kent have consistently struggled for batting bonus points this season, with only 5 compared with Warks’ 13. That difference is the margin between the teams in the table.

Complaining about the state of the wicket would only really hold true had the match been all over in 2 and a bit days. It appears it dried out and became something of a bowlers’ graveyard.
stevieh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2018, 23:00   #98
Summer of '77
Legendary
 
Summer of '77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: London-Essex
Team(s): Kent, Essex, Surrey Stars
Posts: 9,156
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevieh View Post
Kent have consistently struggled for batting bonus points this season, with only 5 compared with Warks’ 13. That difference is the margin between the teams in the table.

Complaining about the state of the wicket would only really hold true had the match been all over in 2 and a bit days. It appears it dried out and became something of a bowlers’ graveyard.
And I'm not sure how producing a seamers' wicket would especially suit Kent. They knew Warks had the option of putting them in first and would also field at least as capable a seam attack.

Last edited by Summer of '77 : 23rd June 2018 at 23:49.
Summer of '77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2018, 20:35   #99
Summer of '77
Legendary
 
Summer of '77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: London-Essex
Team(s): Kent, Essex, Surrey Stars
Posts: 9,156
Thrilling cricket at Canterbury where Grant Stewart has continued an extraordinary personal all-round performance. Having made second top score in Kent's first dig (38), he took 6-22 to condemn Middx to an all out score of 56 and has now just completed a century batting at 10 in Kent's second innings. Stewart and Ivan Thomas put on exactly 100 for Kent's final wicket, of which the latter made 1 run. Middx require 467 to win.
Summer of '77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2018, 07:51   #100
gmdf
County Pro
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 681
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer of '77 View Post
Thrilling cricket at Canterbury where Grant Stewart has continued an extraordinary personal all-round performance. Having made second top score in Kent's first dig (38), he took 6-22 to condemn Middx to an all out score of 56 and has now just completed a century batting at 10 in Kent's second innings. Stewart and Ivan Thomas put on exactly 100 for Kent's final wicket, of which the latter made 1 run. Middx require 467 to win.
Worth adding that he scored it in 74 balls with 5 sixes! At one point Middlesex had, by my count, 9 fielders on the boundary...it didn't seem to matter.
gmdf is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:15.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Cricket247.org