Cricket 24/7  

Welcome to the Cricket 24/7.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. There are also more forums available to members, such as the Lounge - where members chat about just about anything under the sun except cricket!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   Cricket 24/7 > Cricket Discussion Forums > International Cricket
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Casino Articles Terms of Use Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st March 2018, 14:46   #21
Ali TT
Posting God
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 18,521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notts Exile View Post
Zanzibar. Who do you think?
I dunno, maybe Zambia?
__________________
WARNING
Reading the above post may cause bouts of nausea.
Ali TT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2018, 17:28   #22
aNarcHy2day
Club Cricketer
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: India
Team(s): Mumbai Indians, Punjab Ranji Team
Posts: 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRNC4.0 View Post
He must 'train smart.' Renshaw with 2 tons in his last two FC games. I'd imagine they'll fly him over, even if it's a quick or Lyon who gets injured.
TBF, Renshaw had a horror last couple of months in 2017 and before his 170 and 112 had really not done anything to be picked.
aNarcHy2day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2018, 04:00   #23
MRNC4.0
International Material
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Melbourne
Team(s): Victoria
Posts: 1,918
Quote:
Originally Posted by aNarcHy2day View Post
TBF, Renshaw had a horror last couple of months in 2017 and before his 170 and 112 had really not done anything to be picked.
Yeah, while it was probably an error to have dropped him on FC instead of Test form, if he had of had that run of scores during the Ashes it would have kept him out of the side for years, whereas now he's looking better every time Bancroft fails, who hasn't reached 30 in 8 innings now. At least Renshaw doesn't get out lbw to straight ones. That's unforgiveable for an opener at this level.
MRNC4.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2018, 08:31   #24
Chin Music
Administrator
 
Chin Music's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: la sala de opinion equivocada
Team(s): ****
Posts: 24,144
They showed a day 1 stat that around 235-6 was a traditional par score at Durban. So therefore the Aussies are around par at the moment. Depends on whether the likes of Cummins, Starc and Lyon are good for a bit of a dash. They haven't been bad in recent times although the SA attack are a step up quite markedly from England.
__________________
Quote:
"One of the greatest problems of our time is that many are schooled but few are educated" - Thomas More
Chin Music is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2018, 08:53   #25
MRNC4.0
International Material
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Melbourne
Team(s): Victoria
Posts: 1,918
Cummins has finally been promoted ahead of Starc. I reckon he's a chance at scoring a ton at some point this series.
MRNC4.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2018, 09:00   #26
Sir Coolerking
County Pro
 
Sir Coolerking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Berks
Team(s): England, Sussex, Portsmouth
Posts: 847
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRNC4.0 View Post
Cummins has finally been promoted ahead of Starc. I reckon he's a chance at scoring a ton at some point this series.
And after 22 balls he's finally scored a run.
Sir Coolerking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2018, 09:03   #27
MRNC4.0
International Material
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Melbourne
Team(s): Victoria
Posts: 1,918
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Coolerking View Post
And after 22 balls he's finally scored a run.
I think it took him 40 balls to get off the mark in Adelaide, finished with 44. We need a Chris Tavare type who can also bowl 145kms.
MRNC4.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2018, 09:23   #28
Sir Coolerking
County Pro
 
Sir Coolerking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Berks
Team(s): England, Sussex, Portsmouth
Posts: 847
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRNC4.0 View Post
I think it took him 40 balls to get off the mark in Adelaide, finished with 44. We need a Chris Tavare type who can also bowl 145kms.
But on this occasion, that turned out to be his only scoring shot.
Sir Coolerking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2018, 09:32   #29
Notts Exile
International Cricketer
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Berkshire
Team(s): Notts and Forest
Posts: 2,331
Mitchell Starc bats like Stuart Broad! Just walks out there and biffs it, no thought to the bloke at the other end who might actually want support. Broad's excuse is he got hit on the head and no longer has the guts for the fight, what's Starc's excuse? Is he just thick?
Notts Exile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2018, 09:38   #30
MRNC4.0
International Material
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Melbourne
Team(s): Victoria
Posts: 1,918
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notts Exile View Post
Mitchell Starc bats like Stuart Broad! Just walks out there and biffs it, no thought to the bloke at the other end who might actually want support. Broad's excuse is he got hit on the head and no longer has the guts for the fight, what's Starc's excuse? Is he just thick?
He's not a coward like Broad. Doesn't run away from it. Regularly blasts useful runs. He just also gets out doing it.
MRNC4.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2018, 09:44   #31
Notts Exile
International Cricketer
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Berkshire
Team(s): Notts and Forest
Posts: 2,331
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRNC4.0 View Post
He's not a coward like Broad. Doesn't run away from it. Regularly blasts useful runs. He just also gets out doing it.
Read what I said, don't get so defensive
Notts Exile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2018, 09:45   #32
MRNC4.0
International Material
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Melbourne
Team(s): Victoria
Posts: 1,918
Does anything above 320 put Australia at advantage here? What's the average first innigs score at Durban and the highest fourth innings chase?
MRNC4.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2018, 09:54   #33
Chin Music
Administrator
 
Chin Music's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: la sala de opinion equivocada
Team(s): ****
Posts: 24,144
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRNC4.0 View Post
Does anything above 320 put Australia at advantage here? What's the average first innigs score at Durban and the highest fourth innings chase?
Circa 320 is probably not far from par from recollection. That said, I don't rate the SA batting line-up at the moment so have reckoned Aussies will likely come away with their customary series win.

Edit: I've found this!

http://www.cricmetric.com/venue.py?venue=Durban
__________________
Quote:
"One of the greatest problems of our time is that many are schooled but few are educated" - Thomas More
Chin Music is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2018, 09:57   #34
square leg umpire
Legendary
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: yorkshire
Team(s): yorkshire
Posts: 8,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRNC4.0 View Post
Does anything above 320 put Australia at advantage here? What's the average first innigs score at Durban and the highest fourth innings chase?
The commenters said the average first innings score is around 300.
square leg umpire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2018, 10:02   #35
Sir Coolerking
County Pro
 
Sir Coolerking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Berks
Team(s): England, Sussex, Portsmouth
Posts: 847
I'd say the Aussies are well on top. Good toss to win and 350 will be well above par, especially with the Safa batting line up arguably even worse than England's.
Sir Coolerking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2018, 10:03   #36
sharky
Posting God
 
sharky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sunny Sussex
Team(s): Sussex, England
Posts: 10,743
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Coolerking View Post
I'd say the Aussies are well on top. Good toss to win and 350 will be well above par, especially with the Safa batting line up arguably even worse than England's.
In terms of talent I'd say South Africa's top 6 is better than Australia's.
__________________
She was like a candle in the wind...Unreliable
sharky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2018, 10:05   #37
MRNC4.0
International Material
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Melbourne
Team(s): Victoria
Posts: 1,918
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharky View Post
In terms of talent I'd say South Africa's top 6 is better than Australia's.
On talent, for sure, it's just they're all on the verge of retirement.

300 up, and the first time Saffers have had to bowl more than a 100 overs at home in 22 innings. Nice applfication for Mmarsh and advantage Australia at lunch.
MRNC4.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2018, 10:05   #38
Sir Coolerking
County Pro
 
Sir Coolerking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Berks
Team(s): England, Sussex, Portsmouth
Posts: 847
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharky View Post
In terms of talent I'd say South Africa's top 6 is better than Australia's.
In terms of talent maybe - but Amla has been a shadow of his former self recently, de Villiers and du Plessis are permanently carrying injuries whilst de Kock seems to have been found out at Test level......but at least they have Philander coming in at 8 rather than 7 now.

With Starc gone just before lunch, that just evens it up a little again.
Sir Coolerking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2018, 11:16   #39
Notts Exile
International Cricketer
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Berkshire
Team(s): Notts and Forest
Posts: 2,331
Mitch Marsh had a Test batting average of 21 after his first 21 Tests. Just 2 fifties in 25 innings.

Since being brought back into the side at Perth he's hit 2 centuries in five innings, only being dismissed for under 96 once. What has happened?
Notts Exile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2018, 11:47   #40
Sir Coolerking
County Pro
 
Sir Coolerking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Berks
Team(s): England, Sussex, Portsmouth
Posts: 847
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notts Exile View Post
Mitch Marsh had a Test batting average of 21 after his first 21 Tests. Just 2 fifties in 25 innings.

Since being brought back into the side at Perth he's hit 2 centuries in five innings, only being dismissed for under 96 once. What has happened?
Anything to do with his brother being in the side now I wonder?
Sir Coolerking is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 00:03.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Cricket247.org