Cricket 24/7  

Welcome to the Cricket 24/7.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. There are also more forums available to members, such as the Lounge - where members chat about just about anything under the sun except cricket!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   Cricket 24/7 > Cricket Discussion Forums > The Kim Jones Domestic Cricket Forum
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Casino Articles Terms of Use Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th January 2018, 12:17   #2701
Ali TT
Posting God
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 18,172
Is Rashid in the draw?
__________________
WARNING
Reading the above post may cause bouts of nausea.
Ali TT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2018, 12:20   #2702
1000yardstare
Posting Goddess
 
1000yardstare's Avatar
JA 827 Cummins 149 Wagner 147 TCurran 21 SCurran 2
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: London
Posts: 20,678
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali TT View Post
Is Rashid in the draw?
Moeen Ali , Jonny Bairstow, Sam Billings, Ravi Bopara, Jos Buttler Tom Curran, Joe Denly, Steven Finn, Harry Gurney, Alex Hales, Tom Helm, Chris Jordan, Dawid Malan, Tymal Mills, Eoin Morgan, Samit Patel, Liam Plunkett, Adil Rashid, Joe Root, Jason Roy, Ben Stokes, David Willey, Chris Woakes, Mark Wood.
1000yardstare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2018, 12:24   #2703
Fred
County Pro
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 703
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali TT View Post
Is Rashid in the draw?
in round 24, they are currently in round 11

http://www.iplt20.com/news/113978/vi...list-announced
Fred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2018, 09:12   #2704
Fred
County Pro
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 703
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1000yardstare View Post
Moeen Ali , Jonny Bairstow, Sam Billings, Ravi Bopara, Jos Buttler Tom Curran, Joe Denly, Steven Finn, Harry Gurney, Alex Hales, Tom Helm, Chris Jordan, Dawid Malan, Tymal Mills, Eoin Morgan, Samit Patel, Liam Plunkett, Adil Rashid, Joe Root, Jason Roy, Ben Stokes, David Willey, Chris Woakes, Mark Wood.
in terms of domestically registered players in the county championship Paul Stirling (Ireland) and Cameron Delport (dual national) are also involved. Delport has been 'sold' for 30 lacs (so not that much). Two kolpak county registrations also involved Abbott and Wiese.

Last edited by Fred : 28th January 2018 at 09:42.
Fred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2018, 12:43   #2705
1000yardstare
Posting Goddess
 
1000yardstare's Avatar
JA 827 Cummins 149 Wagner 147 TCurran 21 SCurran 2
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: London
Posts: 20,678
Overseas players to date

Royal Challengers Bangalore - McCullum, Woakes, de Kock, de Grandhomme, Ali, de Villiers
Kolkata Knight Riders - Lynn, Narine, Russell, Curran
Kings XI Punjab - Miller, Stonis, Finch
Chennai Super Kings - Tahir, du Plessis, Bravo, Watson, Billings, Wood
Delhi Daredevils - Munro, Roy, Maxwell, Morris
Rajasthan Royals - Stokes, Buttler, Short, Archer, Klaasen
Mumbai Indians - Pollard, Rahman, Cummins
Sunrisers Hyderabad - Williamson, Brathwaite, al Hasan, Rashid Khan, Jordan, Hales

Last edited by 1000yardstare : 5th April 2018 at 23:29.
1000yardstare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2018, 19:57   #2706
aNarcHy2day
Club Cricketer
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: India
Team(s): Mumbai Indians, Punjab Ranji Team
Posts: 163
Overseas players to date

Royal Challengers Bangalore - McCullum, Woakes, de Kock, de Grandhomme, Ali, de Villiers, Anderson, Southee,
Kolkata Knight Riders - Lynn, Narine, Russell, Curran, Delport, Johnson, Searles
Kings XI Punjab - Miller, Stonis, Finch, Gayle, Mujeeb, Tye
Chennai Super Kings - Tahir, du Plessis, Bravo, Watson, Billings, Wood, Ngidi, Santner
Delhi Daredevils - Munro, Roy, Maxwell, Rabada, Morris, Boult, Dan Christian
Rajasthan Royals - Stokes, Buttler, Short, Archer, Klaasen, Chameera, Laughlin, Khan
Mumbai Indians - Pollard, Rahman, Cummins, Cutting, Dhananjaya, Duminy, Lewis, McClenaghan
Sunrisers Hyderabad - Williamson, Brathwaite, al Hasan, Rashid Khan, Jordan, Hales, Nabi, Stanlake

Last edited by aNarcHy2day : 2nd April 2018 at 20:14.
aNarcHy2day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2018, 11:51   #2707
1000yardstare
Posting Goddess
 
1000yardstare's Avatar
JA 827 Cummins 149 Wagner 147 TCurran 21 SCurran 2
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: London
Posts: 20,678
Plunkett joins DD

Royal Challengers Bangalore - Woakes, Ali
Kolkata Knight Riders - Curran
Chennai Super Kings - Billings, Wood, Willey
Delhi Daredevils - Roy, Plunkett
Rajasthan Royals - Stokes, Buttler, Archer,
Sunrisers Hyderabad - Jordan, Hales

Last edited by 1000yardstare : 22nd April 2018 at 22:02.
1000yardstare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2018, 19:27   #2708
WeAreKent
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 838
What a magnificent start to the most popular cricket competition in the world.

Genius batting from Dwayne Bravo - and the emergence of the best googly bowler I've seen in years in the 20 year old Mayank Markande. His leg-spinner is ordinary enough but his wrong'un is unpickable and therefore unplayable.

Terrific coverage on Sky - KP superb on live commentary and Tymal Mills excellent back in the UK studio. My dear frend Rob Key out in India for Sky, too, and bubbling with an infectious enthusiasm.

You can see why Graves calls the T20 BLast "mediocre". The only English player Mark Wood looked completely out of his depth aand was by far the most clueless of the 12 bowlers used in the game.

This was T20 cricket at its very best - in skill, presentation, all-round drama and crowd excitement. Such a shame we've got anoher two seasons of "mediocre" 18 county Blast games before English cricket gets a taste of top-class T20.
WeAreKent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2018, 20:39   #2709
Ali TT
Posting God
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 18,172
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeAreKent View Post
What a magnificent start to the most popular cricket competition in the world.

Genius batting from Dwayne Bravo - and the emergence of the best googly bowler I've seen in years in the 20 year old Mayank Markande. His leg-spinner is ordinary enough but his wrong'un is unpickable and therefore unplayable.

Terrific coverage on Sky - KP superb on live commentary and Tymal Mills excellent back in the UK studio. My dear frend Rob Key out in India for Sky, too, and bubbling with an infectious enthusiasm.

You can see why Graves calls the T20 BLast "mediocre". The only English player Mark Wood looked completely out of his depth aand was by far the most clueless of the 12 bowlers used in the game.

This was T20 cricket at its very best - in skill, presentation, all-round drama and crowd excitement. Such a shame we've got anoher two seasons of "mediocre" 18 county Blast games before English cricket gets a taste of top-class T20.
Meh, the Blazers in the county long rooms will scupper the English tournament before it gets off the ground.
__________________
WARNING
Reading the above post may cause bouts of nausea.
Ali TT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2018, 21:02   #2710
Aidan11
Harmisonesque
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Somewhere cold and wet
Posts: 39,709
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeAreKent View Post
What a magnificent start to the most popular cricket competition in the world.

Genius batting from Dwayne Bravo - and the emergence of the best googly bowler I've seen in years in the 20 year old Mayank Markande. His leg-spinner is ordinary enough but his wrong'un is unpickable and therefore unplayable.

Terrific coverage on Sky - KP superb on live commentary and Tymal Mills excellent back in the UK studio. My dear frend Rob Key out in India for Sky, too, and bubbling with an infectious enthusiasm.

You can see why Graves calls the T20 BLast "mediocre". The only English player Mark Wood looked completely out of his depth aand was by far the most clueless of the 12 bowlers used in the game.

This was T20 cricket at its very best - in skill, presentation, all-round drama and crowd excitement. Such a shame we've got anoher two seasons of "mediocre" 18 county Blast games before English cricket gets a taste of top-class T20.
I was beginning to worry that there weren't going to be any entries for Comedy Post of the Year.
Aidan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2018, 21:21   #2711
WeAreKent
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 838
Did you enjoy the game, Aidan?

If you are implying that you didn't find it utterly thrilling, then I feel sorry for you.

Do you actually like cricket?

What did you think of Markande's googlies - awesome, or what?

And Bravo's batting- it doesn't get much better than that, eh?
WeAreKent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2018, 21:41   #2712
Sir Virgs and Zamora
Posting God
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 19,730
I am pretty sure I won't watch any of this this year. I liked it at first and followed a couple of the teams but not engaged with it for a couple of years and got more disinterested each year. Similar to big bash. I loved it a few years back but not watched any for a couple of years. In fact I only really watch the last when Somerset play and won't bother with franchises. This is from someone who went to possibly the first ten finals days. I just got bored of t20.

Funny to see someone jump to the conclusion that English players are not good enough though. Wood is pretty crap anyway but I would fancy England's chances against anyone if we bothered picking our best team. Love seeing a fan boy though so good stuff WAK. You enjoy it.
Sir Virgs and Zamora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2018, 21:46   #2713
Aidan11
Harmisonesque
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Somewhere cold and wet
Posts: 39,709
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeAreKent View Post
Did you enjoy the game, Aidan?

If you are implying that you didn't find it utterly thrilling, then I feel sorry for you.

Do you actually like cricket?

What did you think of Markande's googlies - awesome, or what?

And Bravo's batting- it doesn't get much better than that, eh?
I'm afraid I didn't see it. I do like cricket but not the T20 version. You'd be amazed how many cricket lovers feel the same way.

However I can see the attraction of the IPL...to Indian fans. They are cricket obsessed because they dont have the distraction of football and don't have problems with the weather.

The ECB could have an opening ceremony that would blow the IPL version out of the water foolowed by a match where the side batting first scored 500 only to be beaten by the side batting second on the last ball. It still wouldn't make a difference.

You're trying too hard to sell it on here.
Aidan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2018, 17:37   #2714
Ali TT
Posting God
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 18,172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Virgs and Zamora View Post
I am pretty sure I won't watch any of this this year. I liked it at first and followed a couple of the teams but not engaged with it for a couple of years and got more disinterested each year. Similar to big bash. I loved it a few years back but not watched any for a couple of years. In fact I only really watch the last when Somerset play and won't bother with franchises. This is from someone who went to possibly the first ten finals days. I just got bored of t20.

Funny to see someone jump to the conclusion that English players are not good enough though. Wood is pretty crap anyway but I would fancy England's chances against anyone if we bothered picking our best team. Love seeing a fan boy though so good stuff WAK. You enjoy it.
Do you go to many of their 1 and 4-day games?
__________________
WARNING
Reading the above post may cause bouts of nausea.
Ali TT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2018, 19:09   #2715
WeAreKent
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 838
Two more fabulous matches today. Narine cracked 50 in 17 balls – which seemed rather pedestrian after Rahul had reached 50 in just 14 balls!

But the bowlers are fighting back, too – especially the young’uns who know no fear. After the discovery yesterday of the 20 year old googly maestro Markande, today it was the turn of the 17 year old Afghani off-spinner Mujeeb Ur Rahman who lost nothing in comparison to Ashwin bowling at the other end.

While we wait impatiently for the start of England’s own super T20 in two years time, the dozen English players in this season’s IPL are going to learn so much. Chris Woakes, for example, could never play in a side with a top four of McCullum, de Kock, Kohli and AB De Villiers in English domestic cricket and he can only become a better player in such company.

Even those who are currently carrying the drinks, such as Curran, Billings and Moeen Ali, must be learning skills they are never going to acquire in the ‘’mediocre’’ Blast. Billings is a good example : he’s bound to return to England as a much improved player after spending eight weeks as understudy and protégé to the Mighty M.S.Dhoni (even though my inner selfish b*a*s*t*a*r*d would much rather he was playing for Kent in the CC!)
WeAreKent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2018, 19:22   #2716
WeAreKent
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 838
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Virgs and Zamora View Post
I am pretty sure I won't watch any of this this year.
I just love cricket and cricketers, really.

Each to his own, but I don't understand someone who says 'I'll watch Chris Woakes if he's playing for Birmingham Bears but I won't watch him if he's wearing a Royal Challengers Bangalore shirt.'

Like voting for Brexit, I'm afraid it's beyond my comprehension!
WeAreKent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2018, 19:26   #2717
Aidan11
Harmisonesque
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Somewhere cold and wet
Posts: 39,709
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeAreKent View Post
Two more fabulous matches today. Narine cracked 50 in 17 balls – which seemed rather pedestrian after Rahul had reached 50 in just 14 balls!

But the bowlers are fighting back, too – especially the young’uns who know no fear. After the discovery yesterday of the 20 year old googly maestro Markande, today it was the turn of the 17 year old Afghani off-spinner Mujeeb Ur Rahman who lost nothing in comparison to Ashwin bowling at the other end.

While we wait impatiently for the start of England’s own super T20 in two years time, the dozen English players in this season’s IPL are going to learn so much. Chris Woakes, for example, could never play in a side with a top four of McCullum, de Kock, Kohli and AB De Villiers in English domestic cricket and he can only become a better player in such company.

Even those who are currently carrying the drinks, such as Curran, Billings and Moeen Ali, must be learning skills they are never going to acquire in the ‘’mediocre’’ Blast. Billings is a good example : he’s bound to return to England as a much improved player after spending eight weeks as understudy and protégé to the Mighty M.S.Dhoni (even though my inner selfish b*a*s*t*a*r*d would much rather he was playing for Kent in the CC!)
How do you feel about Chris Tavare?
Aidan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2018, 19:33   #2718
Hector
International Cricketer
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Southampton
Team(s): Deportivo Finance, Hampshire, Berkshire
Age: 39
Posts: 2,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeAreKent View Post
Two more fabulous matches today. Narine cracked 50 in 17 balls – which seemed rather pedestrian after Rahul had reached 50 in just 14 balls!

But the bowlers are fighting back, too – especially the young’uns who know no fear. After the discovery yesterday of the 20 year old googly maestro Markande, today it was the turn of the 17 year old Afghani off-spinner Mujeeb Ur Rahman who lost nothing in comparison to Ashwin bowling at the other end.

While we wait impatiently for the start of England’s own super T20 in two years time, the dozen English players in this season’s IPL are going to learn so much. Chris Woakes, for example, could never play in a side with a top four of McCullum, de Kock, Kohli and AB De Villiers in English domestic cricket and he can only become a better player in such company.

Even those who are currently carrying the drinks, such as Curran, Billings and Moeen Ali, must be learning skills they are never going to acquire in the ‘’mediocre’’ Blast. Billings is a good example : he’s bound to return to England as a much improved player after spending eight weeks as understudy and protégé to the Mighty M.S.Dhoni (even though my inner selfish b*a*s*t*a*r*d would much rather he was playing for Kent in the CC!)
How much are the ECB paying you to keep trotting out this bon mot?
__________________
www.yahooovercowcorner.wordpress.com


@YahoooverCC
Hector is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2018, 19:39   #2719
Hector
International Cricketer
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Southampton
Team(s): Deportivo Finance, Hampshire, Berkshire
Age: 39
Posts: 2,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeAreKent View Post
Two more fabulous matches today. Narine cracked 50 in 17 balls – which seemed rather pedestrian after Rahul had reached 50 in just 14 balls!

But the bowlers are fighting back, too – especially the young’uns who know no fear. After the discovery yesterday of the 20 year old googly maestro Markande, today it was the turn of the 17 year old Afghani off-spinner Mujeeb Ur Rahman who lost nothing in comparison to Ashwin bowling at the other end.

While we wait impatiently for the start of England’s own super T20 in two years time, the dozen English players in this season’s IPL are going to learn so much. Chris Woakes, for example, could never play in a side with a top four of McCullum, de Kock, Kohli and AB De Villiers in English domestic cricket and he can only become a better player in such company.

Even those who are currently carrying the drinks, such as Curran, Billings and Moeen Ali, must be learning skills they are never going to acquire in the ‘’mediocre’’ Blast. Billings is a good example : he’s bound to return to England as a much improved player after spending eight weeks as understudy and protégé to the Mighty M.S.Dhoni (even though my inner selfish b*a*s*t*a*r*d would much rather he was playing for Kent in the CC!)
England reached the T20 World Cup Final in 2016 before the likes of Stokes, Woakes, Roy, Ali had even played IPL. And of course Root has never played IPL so they didnt do too badly despite not having played. Maybe the Blast isnt as mediocre as Graves thinks it is. Although is the mediocre comment about the standard of play or the standard of marketing?
__________________
www.yahooovercowcorner.wordpress.com


@YahoooverCC
Hector is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2018, 19:42   #2720
Hector
International Cricketer
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Southampton
Team(s): Deportivo Finance, Hampshire, Berkshire
Age: 39
Posts: 2,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hector View Post
England reached the T20 World Cup Final in 2016 before the likes of Stokes, Woakes, Roy, Ali had even played IPL. And of course Root has never played IPL so they didnt do too badly despite not having played. Maybe the Blast isnt as mediocre as Graves thinks it is. Although is the mediocre comment about the standard of play or the standard of marketing?
And of course England won the whole thing in 2010 with a team possessing no IPL experience aside from KP.

England's record in the T20 World Cup is arguably better than India's since the IPL began.
__________________
www.yahooovercowcorner.wordpress.com


@YahoooverCC
Hector is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 20:47.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© Cricket247.org