Cricket 24/7  

Welcome to the Cricket 24/7.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. There are also more forums available to members, such as the Lounge - where members chat about just about anything under the sun except cricket!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   Cricket 24/7 > Cricket Discussion Forums > The Kim Jones Domestic Cricket Forum
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Casino Articles Terms of Use Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th February 2018, 18:16   #1241
offa59
Bat In Hand
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 39
Portsmouth? Is it still used,? I loved it when the heavy roller came on,very heavy!
I saw a day's play against Warwickshire go on past 8 o'clock, I had to go and catch a train before stumps.
offa59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2018, 18:19   #1242
Hector
Established International
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Southampton
Team(s): Deportivo Finance, Hampshire, Berkshire
Age: 39
Posts: 3,015
Quote:
Originally Posted by offa59 View Post
Portsmouth? Is it still used,? I loved it when the heavy roller came on,very heavy!
I saw a day's play against Warwickshire go on past 8 o'clock, I had to go and catch a train before stumps.
Nah, hasnt been used since the turn of the millennium. Dean Park in Bournemouth has also gone by the wayside. I think Hampshire will end up on the IOW as they dont have any other options. Unless they go and play in another mainland county.
__________________
www.yahooovercowcorner.wordpress.com


@YahoooverCC
Hector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2018, 18:36   #1243
B@sil
County 2nd Team
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Worcester
Team(s): Worcestershire
Posts: 217
Ah Portsmouth: I remember Cardigan Connor once hitting 20 off an over from Ole Mortensen.
B@sil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2018, 20:56   #1244
Summer of '77
Legendary
 
Summer of '77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: London-Essex
Team(s): Kent, Essex, Surrey Stars
Posts: 9,148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hector View Post
Nah, hasnt been used since the turn of the millennium.
I believe the relegation battle between Hants v Kent in 2000 was the final CC game there. I went along for a day of it - got confused as to how to enter but somehow ended up inside the ground having paid nil admission. I was rewarded with an absolute battle royal of Warne v Dravid. Most of the Kent batting had little joy in coping with the master spinner but The Wall made a ton and a fifty, Kent won and ultimately stayed up.
Summer of '77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2018, 17:23   #1245
Hector
Established International
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Southampton
Team(s): Deportivo Finance, Hampshire, Berkshire
Age: 39
Posts: 3,015
Hashim Amla's coming to the Ageas Bowl!

http://www.ageasbowl.com/cricket/new...a-as-overseas/

That'll be enough to tempt me down there this summer despite my dislike of the place.
__________________
www.yahooovercowcorner.wordpress.com


@YahoooverCC
Hector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2018, 12:10   #1246
Ali TT
Posting God
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 19,354
I see that Dale Steyn has signed up for a stint at Hantsvaal for the early part of the season.
__________________
WARNING
Reading the above post may cause bouts of nausea.
Ali TT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2018, 13:07   #1247
Hector
Established International
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Southampton
Team(s): Deportivo Finance, Hampshire, Berkshire
Age: 39
Posts: 3,015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali TT View Post
I see that Dale Steyn has signed up for a stint at Hantsvaal for the early part of the season.
Wasnt sure whether that news was an april fool or not!
__________________
www.yahooovercowcorner.wordpress.com


@YahoooverCC
Hector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2018, 19:45   #1248
Ali TT
Posting God
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 19,354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hector View Post
Wasnt sure whether that news was an april fool or not!
Quite, Afrikasn must be the second most common language spoken in Southampton by now. Not impressed.
__________________
WARNING
Reading the above post may cause bouts of nausea.
Ali TT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2018, 19:49   #1249
Hector
Established International
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Southampton
Team(s): Deportivo Finance, Hampshire, Berkshire
Age: 39
Posts: 3,015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali TT View Post
Quite, Afrikasn must be the second most common language spoken in Southampton by now. Not impressed.
I understand the ire regarding Hampshire and Kolpaks but this is an overseas signing.
__________________
www.yahooovercowcorner.wordpress.com


@YahoooverCC
Hector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2018, 20:41   #1250
Ali TT
Posting God
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 19,354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hector View Post
I understand the ire regarding Hampshire and Kolpaks but this is an overseas signing.
So?
__________________
WARNING
Reading the above post may cause bouts of nausea.
Ali TT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2018, 20:48   #1251
Hector
Established International
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Southampton
Team(s): Deportivo Finance, Hampshire, Berkshire
Age: 39
Posts: 3,015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali TT View Post
So?
Dont worry, we'll sign David Warner next.
__________________
www.yahooovercowcorner.wordpress.com


@YahoooverCC
Hector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2018, 21:11   #1252
Ali TT
Posting God
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 19,354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hector View Post
Dont worry, we'll sign David Warner next.
Well if you're happy that your county regularly puts out sides where 5 or more of the XI are ineligible to play for England, then good for you. Can't say I'll be cheering them on in any game where I'm otherwise a neutral fan.
__________________
WARNING
Reading the above post may cause bouts of nausea.
Ali TT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2018, 12:45   #1253
Summer of '77
Legendary
 
Summer of '77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: London-Essex
Team(s): Kent, Essex, Surrey Stars
Posts: 9,148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali TT View Post
Well if you're happy that your county regularly puts out sides where 5 or more of the XI are ineligible to play for England, then good for you. Can't say I'll be cheering them on in any game where I'm otherwise a neutral fan.
I suppose Hants can at least claim that they've furnished England with a couple of players this past year, unlike some other counties who avidly mine the overseas/kolpak quarries.
Summer of '77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2018, 12:57   #1254
geoff_boycotts_grandmother
Administrator
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 28,315
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali TT View Post
I see that Dale Steyn has signed up for a stint at Hantsvaal for the early part of the season.
What's the over/under on the number of games he'll actually play?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle Fivefer
It was a poor innings by Bell with the bat.
geoff_boycotts_grandmother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2018, 14:04   #1255
Fred
County Pro
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 939
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer of '77 View Post
I suppose Hants can at least claim that they've furnished England with a couple of players this past year, unlike some other counties who avidly mine the overseas/kolpak quarries.
Think Lancs have mined the kolpak route as much as any county recently: Prince, Jarvis, Petersen, Chanderpaul, Vilas .... but still managed to have Hameed, Davies, Livingstone, Parkinson and Mahmood on the Lions tour.
Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2018, 14:25   #1256
geoff_boycotts_grandmother
Administrator
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 28,315
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred View Post
Think Lancs have mined the kolpak route as much as any county recently: Prince, Jarvis, Petersen, Chanderpaul, Vilas .... but still managed to have Hameed, Davies, Livingstone, Parkinson and Mahmood on the Lions tour.
Whilst the latter 5 are to their credit Lancs did miss out on probably the Lions star of the winter as I think Gleeson is a Lancs lad, although that would have been a couple of regimes ago.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle Fivefer
It was a poor innings by Bell with the bat.
geoff_boycotts_grandmother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2018, 15:49   #1257
Fred
County Pro
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 939
Quote:
Originally Posted by geoff_boycotts_grandmother View Post
Whilst the latter 5 are to their credit Lancs did miss out on probably the Lions star of the winter as I think Gleeson is a Lancs lad, although that would have been a couple of regimes ago.
Gleeson missed out completely, iirc, never even selected to represent Lancs in age group matches only regional trials within the LCB set up. Came to prominence playing for his local club Blackpool.
Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2018, 20:30   #1258
Wickets
Bat In Hand
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali TT View Post
Well if you're happy that your county regularly puts out sides where 5 or more of the XI are ineligible to play for England, then good for you. Can't say I'll be cheering them on in any game where I'm otherwise a neutral fan.
Not sure what team you could be referring to here? Hampshire only did it in 4 of their scheduled 32 games last season so I'm assuming that doesn't fit your definition of regularly.
Wickets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2018, 18:16   #1259
Ali TT
Posting God
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 19,354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickets View Post
Not sure what team you could be referring to here? Hampshire only did it in 4 of their scheduled 32 games last season so I'm assuming that doesn't fit your definition of regularly.
I don't know, but I guess you can fudge the figures by claiming the likes of Ervine and Berg are qualified. It looks like from today's team the trend will continue this season.
__________________
WARNING
Reading the above post may cause bouts of nausea.
Ali TT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2018, 23:12   #1260
Ali TT
Posting God
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 19,354
Nine whole overs bowled today by an English bowler among Hantsvaal's six man attack. From a bowler that they've brought in on loan...
__________________
WARNING
Reading the above post may cause bouts of nausea.
Ali TT is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 18:50.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Cricket247.org